More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 10:13:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Bottomless pit of Npcs.....(destroyallnpcs cheat)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bottomless pit of Npcs.....(destroyallnpcs cheat)  (Read 6649 times)
Sabrewulf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Bottomless pit of Npcs.....(destroyallnpcs cheat)
« on: 2009 October 30, 22:53:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My town has stopped saving for me (I'm getting a error 12)

So I tried using destroyalltownies but there wasn't any to destroy.

Then I tried destroyallnpcs and 81 npcs were killed, then I tried it again and it said 45 npcs were killed. About 20-30 "destroyallnpcs" later it still say's it's killing 45 npcs each time.

and my town still won't save. I always thought the destroyallnpcs cheat got rid of all of them in one go?  Undecided

This is really frustrating....
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
Re: Bottomless pit of Npcs.....(destroyallnpcs cheat)
« Reply #1 on: 2009 October 31, 01:41:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Error 12 is a mysterious and terrible thing!  There are other Awesome debug commands to try.  First, try "fixall".  This command will report that "XX phantom butts were cleared".  Then, try "towderelicts".  Keep trying to save after these commands.  Do you have Twallen's supercomputer?  (Link located in Pudding Factory section of this site).  If so, try "recover wandering toddlers", "recover missing Sims", and "turn off all stereos".  Still not working?  Back to Awesome debug commands: try "destroycorruptSims" (there's only one way to be sure, you know).  If all else fails, report back in the AwesomeMod bug thread and then try "resetworld" (this is a last resort and should not be used to avoid posting bug reports.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
Sabrewulf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 October 31, 19:33:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks....I got rid of Error 12.............but now I have error 13.

I wish there was a way I could just nip this in the butt now but nothing seems to work consistently  Embarrassed

Do you think awesomemod's quicksave feature might work? I haven't it enabled because I didn't want it to save something I didn't want it too......but I think I'd take that over all these problems....

What does awesomemods quicksave do exactly? Does a message come up that says saving....or does it do it without telling you? I wonder if it will make any difference....
« Last Edit: 2009 October 31, 19:45:02 by Sabrewulf » Logged
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 October 31, 20:23:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a thread here dedicated to these save errors.  Try reading that.  No matter what the error code, these are the only things I know to try.  Once these start happening, it's difficult to get past them.  Is your neighborhood large?  I have, in the past, moved the Sims I play to the library and started a new town.  AwesomeMod's autosave feature does display a message that it is saving your game and you can set the save interval in the configuration file.  I don't necessarily think it will save you from these errors, though.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 November 01, 13:02:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then I tried destroyallnpcs and 81 npcs were killed, then I tried it again and it said 45 npcs were killed. About 20-30 "destroyallnpcs" later it still say's it's killing 45 npcs each time.
Every time you kill them, the basic necessary quantity will regenerate instantly, so once you get to this point, they won't die anymore

and my town still won't save. I always thought the destroyallnpcs cheat got rid of all of them in one go?  Undecided
That's probably not why your town won't save. As for WHY it won't save, nobody knows.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sabrewulf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 November 02, 21:52:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is getting really depressing  Undecided

I can usually get about 45 minutes of playing in before the save problem shows up, so it's not like it's always happening....but after that 45 minutes are up I get it every time.

If only someone could invent a custom saver mod to save the neighborhood file......and properly.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 November 03, 01:06:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried reinstalling the game, and just AM (after installing the framework, of course). 

I received those same errors a couple of times, a couple of months ago.  I restarted a brand new game, and never encountered the save problem again.  If something has been corrupted, the problem won't go away easily, and it has been reported that some mods tweak the internals to the point that even with the mod removed, the changes remain in effect.

I would suggest, move your saved games and mod folder to the desktop, uninstall the game, then reinstall the whole game again, apply the framework (Delphy's installers works a treat), Patch the game, install the latest AM and the config file, if you use one, then try playing the game. 

If it works fine for you, start adding your other mods and see what happens.  If it keeps working, then I would suspect one of your old saved games was corrupted.

Because of the way many of the core mods affect the games internals, EAxis borkiness appears alot more problematic than it was with TS2.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Sabrewulf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 November 03, 22:57:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess I could try that, although I read somewhere that's an EA problem and not a mod problem, because people without mods have been getting it too.

What is a "post callback failure" anyway? Does it mean that it goes to save the file....and then it can't find it's way back or something.

I put so much time into playing the sims 3 game and I get this rubbish, thanks EA....you really know how to make the customer happy.  Roll Eyes
FireDrake
Blathering Buffoon

It seems that they all died...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 November 06, 21:06:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've come across this problem when I was trying to save my game one day too. I solved it by going from my town into the "Edit Town" option, clicking "Just Continue", and then saving from there, and it actually worked! Idk how, but if it works for you, great, if it doesn't, I suck with computer stuff so, sorry.   Sad

"Birds, flowers, sun...Hawaii does not exist. It's a myth...like tough liberals, or the Canadian army."
You should click on this.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: