More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:29:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Pudding Plots
| | | |-+  Windle Castle Town
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Windle Castle Town  (Read 14235 times)
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
Windle Castle Town
« on: 2009 October 31, 16:32:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I built a Castle, made of 7 lots + a Square and a Tournament Field.

More pics and downloads here:
http://simverses.net/blog/default.aspx

saraswati
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Windle Castle Town
« Reply #1 on: 2009 October 31, 21:04:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin That's brilliant, Ingeli. I admire your dedication to getting a Medieval Simverse up and running. Smiley
Cathy
Blathering Buffoon

Heavy Sleper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 October 31, 21:42:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wonderful!! I'm downloading it right now  Wink

tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 November 01, 20:34:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quite amazing. This is definately getting plopped.
While I wont be doing the whole medievil thing in Riverview, I do want it to look somewhat frozen in time and idyllic.
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 November 01, 20:37:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want to download your lots but I don't have the rabbit hole signs downloaded. Since your site says the creator has pulled them is anyone willing to mediafire them?
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 November 01, 20:38:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They got pulled? I can then.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/goqnhi
« Last Edit: 2009 November 01, 20:55:05 by tizerist » Logged
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2009 November 01, 21:21:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She just got them up at MTS
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=376414

Oh, and its totally possible to use this like an "historical" part of a more modern hood. You don't HAVE to make it all medieval. Wink
haifen
Crapsack
Retarded Reprobate

#hashtag

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 November 01, 22:58:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gah ingeli this is brilliant, I hate you! One of the reasons I don't play TS3 is that period hoods are very difficult at this stage but players like you keep challenging me. Tongue

16:29   spockers   I fucking hate going to see movies in theaters now.
16:30   spockers   Unless it's a really fancy old-style movie palace type place, but even then some dick will pull out their Appleberry in the middle of the film and start tweeting about wanting Chris Brown to beat them up
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2009 November 01, 23:36:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haifen, the thing missing now is more clothing options. Other than that, I find it even easier than in Sims2 to make a period hood. And, when we get the CAW-tool and can make our own hoods, it will be even easier.
haifen
Crapsack
Retarded Reprobate

#hashtag

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 November 02, 00:11:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's... good then I suppose. lol

For me it seems the clothes are pretty important, I need my panniers and breeches, my powdered wigs and tricorn hats (Rococo era ftw). Also a new PC so that I can better withstand the pudding. Tongue

When I first loaded up TS3 I didn't like the whole mesh over texture idea that they decided to go with and so I still play TS2 because the graphics just plain suck less on my machine. It was kind of a let down since there are SOME elements of TS3 that make period hoods more fun (better household switching and the Create-A-Style-Tool specifically). With the latter it'd be so much easier to come up with different outfits without having to slog through Downloads sections of the net to find proper outfits and skins or spend forever in Bodyshop and Photoshop just to make a few (private non-shared) recolors.

I feel like there are two period-style players in The Sims: the RKC players and the Costume Drama players. I'm more of the latter especially since I take a lot of pictures so that tends to turn me off from picking up TS3. Just reading through Puddingland which had higher settings than my machine did reinforces this.

So I'm ...content, I suppose, with playing TS2 for period hoods but at the same time I feel like the engine changes to TS3 are the only things holding me back from really enjoying it and that that is a bigger factor than I initially thought and rather regret that there is less and less content being made for TS2 players where historical content is concerned.

I feel like I veered too far off topic so allow me to bring us back with
THANKS THIS IS GRATE  Cheesy

16:29   spockers   I fucking hate going to see movies in theaters now.
16:30   spockers   Unless it's a really fancy old-style movie palace type place, but even then some dick will pull out their Appleberry in the middle of the film and start tweeting about wanting Chris Brown to beat them up
edejan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 November 08, 17:34:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is absolutely amazing!  I visited your site and am just crazy over all your downloads for the medieval hood.  Thanks for sharing!!!
Daria
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 November 13, 21:38:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is just stunning in-game.  It does make my computer grind a little (or did at the outset) but I think it's totally worth it.

It does seem to be missing a Science lab - are you planning on making a 'guild of alchemists' for the town later? Smiley

I love this creation.  Thank you so much!

Edited to add: D'oh! I see you already have a scholar career, which I somehow didn't notice. I'll throw a rabbithole in there.  Thanks!!
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2009 November 13, 21:45:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did place the science lab on another lot, close to the village - mostly because I use the Gardener career (Part Time) in Twallan's Career Mod as a Farmer Career.  I may fix the lot up a bit and put it up for downlad later this weekend, to "finish" the medieval lots for Riverview/Windle for the base game, before the Expansion Hurricane hits us. I also have an updated monastery with a hospital, a bookstore and a grocery store, the "home" editions of those rabbit holes. I can post that too. Will take some pics for it and do some adjustments. Check for it on Sunday!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: