More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 11:33:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  NoAgingSwarm not working
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: NoAgingSwarm not working  (Read 5624 times)
Fifth LMNt
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
NoAgingSwarm not working
« on: 2009 October 27, 02:12:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having this feature enabled stops Sims from dropping everything when someone grows up except if they are sleeping.  Sleeping sims still wake up to go celebrate the birthday.
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: NoAgingSwarm not working
« Reply #1 on: 2009 October 27, 02:22:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The no swarming works when there is no birthday cake and the Sim just spins and ages.

With the birthday cake, you get a party and must cancel the interaction as soon as the aging Sim gets to the cake.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 October 27, 02:57:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You bought a CAKE, and then you DON'T want a party? I don't follow. If you want to age up unceremoniously, don't get a cake. The cake is a lie!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Tever
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 October 27, 11:11:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The cake is a lie!

No, it wasn't; it just wasn't for you.
Fifth LMNt
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 October 28, 13:53:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL!

The problem is that they took away the option to just age up.  So if you don't want to wait around until 8/9 pm of the last day and have it interrupt whatever they're doing, then you have to use a cake.  I see the point though, how then would you distinguish when you DO want a party with everyone in attendance.  Although, people who have chosen to go to bed wouldn't typically wake up to go watch the candles being blown out...
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 October 29, 01:06:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL!

The problem is that they took away the option to just age up.  So if you don't want to wait around until 8/9 pm of the last day and have it interrupt whatever they're doing, then you have to use a cake.  I see the point though, how then would you distinguish when you DO want a party with everyone in attendance.  Although, people who have chosen to go to bed wouldn't typically wake up to go watch the candles being blown out...

You could always use the cheats to age up.  Can't remember which setting enables it, probably debuginteractions, but there is one to "Trigger Age Transition", I have used this from time to time to age sims when I have aging turned off, and want to age a couple of sims, or I want to simply move them along faster, without the cake/party hassle.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Araenna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 October 30, 03:48:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could always use the cheats to age up.  Can't remember which setting enables it, probably debuginteractions, but there is one to "Trigger Age Transition", I have used this from time to time to age sims when I have aging turned off, and want to age a couple of sims, or I want to simply move them along faster, without the cake/party hassle.

testingcheatsenabled true, then shift click the sim, I believe.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 October 30, 12:39:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

testingcheatsenabled true, then shift click the sim, I believe.

Sounds right, and the other option that shows is to change their traits. 

I tend to forget which cheats turn what options on, as I often turn the two debug ones on at different times as well.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: