More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 21:37:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  New AwesomeMod Request Thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New AwesomeMod Request Thread  (Read 128431 times)
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: New AwesomeMod Request Thread
« Reply #250 on: 2009 November 03, 14:23:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it at all be possible to incorporate a tool that allows you to set the number of days a sim is into his/her lifestage? It's not too big of a deal, but sometimes I have two siblings in the same lifestage whose ages have been staggered by CAS, except I want them to be twins, or the older one to be the younger, etc.

Thanks!
Twallan's SuperComputer - Phase Two can do that. Here:

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #251 on: 2009 November 03, 19:58:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can  you make more realistic plants habitat? It is possible to make plants in pots to dry out and die ? It is possible to water them, for more realism? Smiley
Thank you!
Bad idea, because a lot of custom items are cloned from plants, so.. you might end up needing to 'water' your cans of paint, or cardboard boxes, books, or hand saws to keep them from 'dying' and someone would need to create dead versions of every single potted plant that can be watered..  and custom ones.. and what about the things like the daffodils in the vases that are already sitting in water?

I'd rather have garden plants become pottable, so the can all be dragged indoors.... But that would require meshing in addition to modding... and you can already sort of rig that setup.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
DaSpecialone
Blathering Buffoon

Adoring Cuddlebunnie

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 2009 November 03, 23:43:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Along the lines of my earlier thought on hiring an NPC gardener:

If you do decide to explore this idea, could you look into hiring possibly more than one?  It is very possible to run a farm & thus make good use of the "master farmer" bonus, but unrealistic to try to run it solo.  Of course you can have a family work the farm together (as I'm doing in my game) but even then there's hardly time to pursue other interests without hired hands.

A dream goal of mine would be to be able to hire other (playable) sims as staff/workers--perhaps not in the TS2 OFB model where you directly pay them, but more like the game would recognize Gardening/farming as their career and pay and promote them...but instead of them disappearing into a rabbit hole they would show up work a real farm and leave.

Sims by Dasi:

Rose McGowan  Shannon Tweed

INTJ
amillionanswers
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2009 November 04, 01:10:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hired a babysitter, and since my house didn't have a tv and only a bookshelf she decided to read. For some reason, she started switching to other books, and of course the books she had been reading, she put in her inventory.
So, maybe we can get a fix or something so babysitters don't steal my books? Thanks. Smiley
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 2009 November 04, 02:26:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, people. At this point I am going to declare a feature lock. No new additional feature requests will be processed at this time in preparation for the base game final release.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: