More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 19:23:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Unexplainable events aka. game messed up.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Unexplainable events aka. game messed up.  (Read 2916 times)
Dart
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Unexplainable events aka. game messed up.
« on: 2009 October 31, 22:07:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey... im new around here. Hope im posting at the right place:)

So anyways, Im having some issues with my game I havent had before.
1. Some of the housholds have switched places for no apparent reason.
So I made a new household, moved em in and went on playing with my main family. A bit later I figured I'd go see how they're doing and what do you know, some old hag was living in their house. After a bit of searching I found the actual family in another house. I then investigated the matter a bit more and found out that some more households had moved.

2. Im having there weird laggs at about 1am to 2am which have never happened before. They are pretty weird too. The time stops, all the sims stop moving but some processes still seems to go on. For example the music keeps on playing with the animations n stuff.

3. Dont know if its connected to the two previous issues but alot of sims seem to be dieing. Every day I get 3 or more notification that someone is too old and I should pay them a visit.

So... any ideas what might be happening??

Edit: AwesomeStory fixed the second issue:)
« Last Edit: 2009 October 31, 23:29:17 by Dart » Logged
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
Re: Unexplainable events aka. game messed up.
« Reply #1 on: 2009 November 01, 02:20:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This sounds like the normal behavior of story progression.

1. Some of the housholds have switched places for no apparent reason.
So I made a new household, moved em in and went on playing with my main family. A bit later I figured I'd go see how they're doing and what do you know, some old hag was living in their house. After a bit of searching I found the actual family in another house. I then investigated the matter a bit more and found out that some more households had moved.
With EA story progression, sims move arbitrarily.  With Awesome story progression, sims move for a reason, but they still move.  You can stop them from moving by naming the house with your sims last name.

2. Im having there weird laggs at about 1am to 2am which have never happened before. They are pretty weird too. The time stops, all the sims stop moving but some processes still seems to go on. For example the music keeps on playing with the animations n stuff.
EA story progression occurs at 1am, so there is a lag.  Awesome story progression is timed differently.

3. Dont know if its connected to the two previous issues but alot of sims seem to be dieing. Every day I get 3 or more notification that someone is too old and I should pay them a visit.
With EA story progression, sims will die randomly.  With Awesome story progression, sims will die for a reason, but they will still die.

Your game is not messed up; it is behaving as expected.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 01, 02:30:05 by Mootilda » Logged

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Dart
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 November 01, 10:16:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, thanks for clearing that out. Never thought this was supposed to happen. At least so suddenly. Smiley
Going to use Awesome story progression from now on.
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 November 02, 09:46:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want complete control on who lives and dies for the most part, start a new hood. Turn on TS2 style aging and remove the cribs from all the houses. Use destroy all humans command. Move in families. Then pollinate as you wish. Change aging if you want to now so only the elderly and the fortunate will die. Mark your household/person as sacred and they won't. I use Twallan's super computer to pollinate and AM has a command to form mass babby.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: