More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:40:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Cannot get some sims pregnant
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Cannot get some sims pregnant  (Read 5745 times)
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
Cannot get some sims pregnant
« on: 2009 October 26, 16:47:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having problems getting a couple of female sims pregnant and want to know if there's anything I can do. One is a Goth descendent and the other several generations on from a CAS sim. They're both married to their respective spouses and I can go through all the interactions right up to and including 'Try for baby' but nothing ever comes of it. I have switched to other families and created a fresh CAS family and they can all fall pregnant with no problems. It happens that there were aging up problems with both of them as I had to make their respective households active before they'd age up to the next stage each time for toddler/child/teen. They were both also resident in the Goth household so I moved them out thinking it might be the house that was bugged in some way. The other odd thing is that the romance interactions don't seem to reset the way they do with other sims, either the couples are ready to try for baby or a simple flirt action will get them in the mood. I'm only running awesomemod (latest dated today 26/10) and have tried deleting cache files, resetSim and just about anything else that looked like it might work. Help!

EDIT: I've got the awesomemod messages enabled now and they both couples come up with 'Unable to pollinate X with Y' messages.
« Last Edit: 2009 October 26, 16:55:44 by eevilcat » Logged

Tever
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Cannot get some sims pregnant
« Reply #1 on: 2009 October 27, 11:19:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How many people do you have in each household? I think the maximum is 8, and even with overstuffed houses enabled, I think I heard you can't actually get pregnant once you hit 8.
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 October 27, 11:51:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Originally the two couples shared the Goth mansion then I moved them out to separate houses, so no problems with numbers. I haven't had any problems getting overstuffed houses to work.

LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 October 27, 13:56:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had that problem with 2 females in one generation. I never determined the problem. There must have been a problem with the aging flags. If I tried Twallan's pollinator the response was something about being too old to get pregnant, even as a YA. They never aged on their own, I finally had to manually age them. Are your 2 aging?
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 October 27, 15:40:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to manually age both of them in their respective households. They remained toddlers, children etc until I made their household active at which point they automatically had a birthday and hit the next life stage. It's quite likely their underlying ages would put Methuselah to shame. I guess that the pollination logic is probably checking days old rather than if they're at the appropriate life stage to spawn.

shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 October 27, 18:43:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How many people do you have in each household? I think the maximum is 8, and even with overstuffed houses enabled, I think I heard you can't actually get pregnant once you hit 8.

I've had over-stuffed houses have babies without a problem. One of them had a baby when I wasn't controlling them.
Tever
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 October 27, 20:09:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh, it was a topic somewhere down in the Awesomemod section. Maybe it was an isolated incident.
BattyCoda
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 October 28, 14:46:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to manually age both of them in their respective households. They remained toddlers, children etc until I made their household active at which point they automatically had a birthday and hit the next life stage. It's quite likely their underlying ages would put Methuselah to shame. I guess that the pollination logic is probably checking days old rather than if they're at the appropriate life stage to spawn.

I just remembered that I had a problem getting a woman pregnant recently.  She had just aged up from YA to A. I finally gave up on the normal method and used twallen's pollinator. At first, it said she was too old to get pregnant. I thought "weird" and did something else for a while. When I came back to her later, I was able to impregnate her with the pollinator with no problem. Not sure that is any help to you, but there it is.
old_dude
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 November 03, 02:45:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have debugging enabled, shift-control click the female sim you want to get pregnant, then choose "get pregnant". It's a couple of layers deep, and you can pollinate a child or elder sim, or even your own offspring as well. Pregnant child sims stretch out rather bizzarly when they walk, and elders are just a head, feet, and hands.
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 November 03, 03:15:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why would you want to get a child pregnant though?  I'm rather disturbed that option is even there.  Ewww...
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 November 03, 23:03:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have debugging enabled, shift-control click the female sim you want to get pregnant, then choose "get pregnant". It's a couple of layers deep, and you can pollinate a child or elder sim, or even your own offspring as well. Pregnant child sims stretch out rather bizzarly when they walk, and elders are just a head, feet, and hands.

I agree with Dragon Slave, why the hell would you want a child pregnant? For the lulz? And elders? Ew...

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: