More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 08:09:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  camera problems
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: camera problems  (Read 3126 times)
roberte
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
camera problems
« on: 2009 October 24, 09:10:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My problem is that when setting a scene not in cameraman mode I have very little control over where the camera goes,how high or low or the correct angle. When in cameraman mode I can set up shots that are exactly correct but when switching out of cameraman mode my camera leaves the scene & zooms into the sky.

I'm aware of the hot keys for setting camera position but am unable to even come close except in cameraman mode so unable to return to an appropriate position to adjust props/characters (as no adjustment is possible in cameraman mode)

I am in need of aid/information on how to correct these problems.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: camera problems
« Reply #1 on: 2009 October 24, 18:15:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I'm aware, there is no way to do so.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
DrNerd
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 October 24, 23:31:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only suggestion I have is to go into CameraMan Mode in Buy/Build Mode so that you can see how the adjustments you're making outside of it look when you're in CameraMan Mode in Live Mode.  If you set a hotkey when you're in CameraMan Mode, it'll work even if you're in Buy or Build Mode, so you can get the angles the same.

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 October 27, 00:11:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Odd, I have plenty of control with the normal camera using my mouse buttons. I rarely bother with the other camera.
nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 October 27, 19:58:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you downloaded any camera mods?  I find that some of them act strangely on my new computer.  Gunmod's cameras worked perfectly when I had XP, but were a little odd with Vista.  I downloaded some by Tom420, and they work much better for me.  I do still use Gunmod's live camera, which seems a little more precise than Tom420's.  (link - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=312294)

If you haven't downloaded any camera mods, you might benefit from trying them out.  Just back up the original files, so you can go back to them if you need to.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: