More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:38:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Odd issue with Riverview...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Odd issue with Riverview...  (Read 5466 times)
Ayana
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Odd issue with Riverview...
« on: 2009 October 21, 21:22:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason, in Riverview it's impossible for me to have sims buy an empty residential lot. But it still works in the default neighborhood. It's not an issue of tight pants, as the only mod I'm using is Awesomemod. I did, however, reinstall because Riverview ended up getting corrupted the first time. Tried deleting cache files, no luck. Is my neighborhood just borked?  Huh
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Odd issue with Riverview...
« Reply #1 on: 2009 October 22, 09:43:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only the active fambly may be moved to an empty lot. If you are trying to simply place another fambly or split/move a fambly, you can't do that.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ayana
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 October 22, 16:39:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's the active family, and it does give me the option to buy furnished/unfurnished unlike if I was using edit town. They just can't buy an empty lot. A lot with one wall? It works (I think, I'll have to check again tonight), so I may just have to use that as a workaround. Stupid game.
Steele
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 October 23, 00:33:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had something similar but I'm not sure if it is the same in your case. Selecting families directly from the bin to move into an empty lot, my game does not allow but going into edit mode without any active family and selecting the lowest button in the UI named "Move in Family" does allow to purchase empty lots.

Did what I describe the same in your experience?
Tever
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 October 26, 12:56:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this problem, too, but I thought it was something to do with my family consisting of a single teen. Or occasionally a single toddler. I don't bother with empty lots that often, so I haven't noticed if it occurs in Sunset Valley, or even if having adults in the family changed things.
Ayana
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 October 26, 21:06:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had something similar but I'm not sure if it is the same in your case. Selecting families directly from the bin to move into an empty lot, my game does not allow but going into edit mode without any active family and selecting the lowest button in the UI named "Move in Family" does allow to purchase empty lots.

Considering that's how I got it to work the other day, pretty much. It must be just one of those random stupid things. Maybe having to do with it being a downloadable neighborhood, it might get a little 'touchy' on install?
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 October 26, 23:32:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Empty lots have never been an option to move-in in my game unless it has been edited and saved once
Steele
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 October 27, 01:54:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Considering that's how I got it to work the other day, pretty much. It must be just one of those random stupid things. Maybe having to do with it being a downloadable neighborhood, it might get a little 'touchy' on install?

The way I figure it, It's a default game design. Tried it a lot of times, only the "Move In Family" button works for empty lots.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 October 27, 05:55:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Place on lot doesn't make that fambly the active fambly, so you can only place them on lots that are not regarded as "empty". Move In Fambly moves them in AND makes them the active fambly, which is why you are allowed to do so. You can't use this button if you are in Edit Town mode while you have a different active fambly, though.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ayana
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 October 29, 00:51:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Empty lots have never been an option to move-in in my game unless it has been edited and saved once

Maybe that's it? I can't move in fresh, but after playing with one family and leaving, suddenly I can move into empty lots. I just don't get it, sometimes.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: