More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 14:21:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Adoption?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Adoption?  (Read 3376 times)
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Adoption?
« on: 2009 October 20, 19:59:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have two lesbian sims who want a kid.  I have tried to avoid the adoption services, because I didn't want to adopt some mutant Goopy GilsCarbo clone.

Should I, or should I not adopt without first adding a sim to trump the adoption queue?

If I have to, I will make a family, have them lose the baby, and then kill them.

What I guess I'm asking is, what are your experiences with game generated adopted children.
« Last Edit: 2009 October 20, 20:16:19 by parrot » Logged

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
Pandaah
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Adoption?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 October 20, 20:05:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should I, or should I not adopt?
WTF?

...some mutant Goopy GilsCarbo clone.
Get better face templates.
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 October 20, 20:11:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, I forgot to finish that sentence.

Also, I am not using face templates for many reasons. One of which is that I like wacky townies to mess with, just not my playables.

Edit: Forget it. I will just get a sim taken away via social worker.
« Last Edit: 2009 October 20, 20:23:55 by parrot » Logged

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 October 20, 20:57:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Randomly generated adopted children are like any other game generated townie/NPC/anything. They'll get one of the face templates, one of the default zodiac signs/personalities and no recessive genes. Your chance of getting Goopy-face is the same as getting boring-Barbie-face and fishlips-scary-face and fake-asian-face. So if you don't wanna take any risks and don't want default replacements, then yes, murder is the way to go. Alternatively you could make an adult sim in CAS, age them down to toddler after moving them in and then wait for the social worker, but I never felt safe that aging down adults to kids wouldn't make something blow up in the long run.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 October 21, 00:30:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a bad idea to adopt without first loading the adoption queue: The game doesn't actually let you go down to the pound and pick one, so you need to make the selection in advance.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: