More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 08:23:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Jeans and top glitch
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Jeans and top glitch  (Read 5323 times)
Luna Doll
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Jeans and top glitch
« on: 2009 October 15, 03:38:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far two sims that I've made have been taking a bath with a certain pair of jeans and top on. Neither of them have any traits that would lead them to do this, so that's not the problem. Observe.

I don't have a picture of the other sim because I deleted her a long time go, because I thought she was just glitched or something when she wore those jeans in the bath.  When I saw it happen with the above sim tonight, I realized it has to be the clothing, because the female sim that had the same problem was wearing those same jeans in the bath.

So I went into the dresser and found the offending jeans and shirt.

I don't know if they're custom or not because I have so much custom clothes I can't distiguish anymore what is cutom and what isn't.  As you can see they are all messed up, bleeding through each other as well as other combinations that I tested.

This is how those jeans look on girls.

They cut her body in half like the black dahlia.

Finally, these are a top and jeans that are shown in the same category as the above ones, but are obviously custom recolors.

I have no idea where I got them from, but I found them by searching all the cc thumbnails in the sims 3 launcher, and I deleted them. But they still show up in the game even though they are deleted.  But those aren't being worn by my sims in the bath, only the first ones I poted.

Now, does anyone know why these clothing are being worn by my sims to bathe, and why I can't delete the above top and jeans?
« Last Edit: 2009 October 15, 05:21:21 by Luna Doll » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Jeans and top glitch
« Reply #1 on: 2009 October 15, 03:55:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That top appears non-standard, probably made with an older, buggy version of the Delphytool. THere's probably also a neck gap.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Luna Doll
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 October 15, 04:00:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have any idea where I could have downloaded it and the jeans?  I need to figure out the filenames so I can delete them.
 I really don't even remember getting them in the first place, it must have been a few months back.  
The last ones I posted, I remember getting those recolors but I deleted them already, yet they still show up in my game.

edit: Also, the jeans show up in all clothing categories including swimming.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009 October 15, 04:52:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The final picture is from netshow, they're listed at simscave, so you may want to check that.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Luna Doll
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 October 15, 05:05:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah I found them. I deleted them and cleared my caches, they still show up.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2009 October 15, 07:13:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's odd. I noticed with something else from netshow that they mark odd things as naked. Because of that 70% of my sims had kitty ears when nude until I deleted the ears.

I hope you find the problem. :/

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Blech
Garrulous Gimp

Moar Stanky Than You

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 October 15, 18:46:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could be wrong, but those jeans in the first pics look like some free ones from Liana. If so, I used to have them, but deleted because they did not play well with shirts, just like the ones you have.

Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Evil is profitable only when everyone is not evil.
Moar words of wisdom from our wise and bearded Fearless Leader.
PrinJess
Blathering Buffoon

I shall take ovur the wurld wit grammer!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 October 15, 18:52:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is time-consuming, but you can always cut and copy your Packages folder to the desktop and slowly put files back (by 10 or 20).
Luna Doll
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 October 15, 21:13:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

PrinJess, I actually took out my entire packages folder and went into the game, and everything is still there. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
smellyarmando, I went to Liana's site and they aren't there.  There're jeans that have that same shape and it says they use a game mesh.  I think those jeans with the tearing in the front are non custom, but then how come they look all messed up?

Also someone at another forum was looking for recolors of that grey top with the stencils, so I think the grey top is also a non-custom. But if so then why are they messed up?

And Moryrie, that would explain why the clothes show up in the bath, but the recolors I got from them don't show up in the bath only the game mesh that they are based on. And even though I deleted Netshow's recolors they still show up in the game.
crunk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 October 15, 22:49:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you deleting cache files? Also if they were installed via the launcher you will need to delete a specfic cache file and reinstall all of your sims3.pack files. Not on my home computer so not sure which cache file it is.
Luna Doll
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 October 15, 23:30:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, the problem went away after I changed his hair...?
That was weird.
I even changed it back to the same hair he had and the problem was still fixed, so I'm just gonna be grateful and not mess with him further. Thanks everyone that tried to help.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: