More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 09:53:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How to pick up a "non-grabbable" custom food item & set for sale?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How to pick up a "non-grabbable" custom food item & set for sale?  (Read 2642 times)
RenegadeSims
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
How to pick up a "non-grabbable" custom food item & set for sale?
« on: 2009 October 13, 05:13:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The 'MoveObjects On' cheat does not work in this case.

I have some custom cookable food for my game, and some of them can't be picked up by the Magic Hand of SimGoddess (me). Is there a way to edit these objects to enable them for picking up?  Some custom foods can be grabbed just fine, and almost all of them show up in the "Make..." and "Make Many..." groups. This means that some of my custom foods can be made to sell, while others can't.  If it is possible to enable grabbing, what values need to be edited? If it's a resource thing, what resources would need to be cloned from working items and replaced on the borked foods?

And, the second part of my question: what would I need to edit/replace in order to set some custom foods for sale? The issue is the same as above: some custom cookable foods can be set for sale, while others cannot.
« Last Edit: 2009 October 13, 05:28:16 by RenegadeSims » Logged
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
Re: How to pick up a "non-grabbable" custom food item & set for sale?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 October 13, 08:27:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All custom foods I have in my game are sellable and grabbable both.  You don't grab/set for sale the actual food, but the plate that it's on.  If it doesn't work, it's probably because whoever made the plate messed up.  You should complain to them.  MATY is not for fixing other people's broken CC.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

RenegadeSims
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
Re: How to pick up a "non-grabbable" custom food item & set for sale?
« Reply #2 on: 2009 October 13, 12:11:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup, I was trying with the plate. Some foods I have just can't be picked up (they may have been pre-OFB, I have no idea), but they have all other clickable actions (put away as leftovers, eat, clean up, etc).

Oddly enough, it didn't even cross my mind that the creator could have borked the food *facepalm* I guess I was hoping it was something I could fix myself by using resources or other means. Edit: At least for making it sellable.  My current workaround for the grabbing issue is to just have my Sim "make many" so the food will automatically go into the inventory, which I can then place into the Decra-Chill...and then curse because I can't set the bloody thing for sale.
« Last Edit: 2009 October 13, 13:34:20 by RenegadeSims » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: