More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 21:33:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Does anyone want to try some DIRT ROAD REPLACEMENTS?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Does anyone want to try some DIRT ROAD REPLACEMENTS?  (Read 13134 times)
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
Does anyone want to try some DIRT ROAD REPLACEMENTS?
« on: 2009 October 13, 03:39:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is what it currently looks like:

And here is where you can find them.

Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Does anyone want to try some DIRT ROAD REPLACEMENTS?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 October 13, 05:37:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These will immdiately replace the other replacement roads I have.   Cool  I am a little surprized at how dark the colour looks in the screenshots; the replacement dirt roads I had for TS2 were a much lighter colour.  Not really a citicism; real dirt roads would be darker colour in wetter weather and climates.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009 October 13, 06:34:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These will immdiately replace the other replacement roads I have
Excellent!

If you would prefer them to be a lighter color, all you need to do is use S3PE to export the image, lighten it in your favorite image editor, then make a new file with the light road and replace the one I made. The hardest part is already done. Just be warned, the image you export won't look anywhere near the color it is in the game. TS3 does some very strange things to colors on roads. Tongue

I made this set with Hobbits and elves and Medieval style buildings in mind.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 October 13, 06:42:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These will immdiately replace the other replacement roads I have.   Cool  I am a little surprized at how dark the colour looks in the screenshots; the replacement dirt roads I had for TS2 were a much lighter colour.  Not really a citicism; real dirt roads would be darker colour in wetter weather and climates.
It never rains in Sims 3 land. Yet.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2009 October 13, 07:34:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course! Looks great! Will test tonight Cheesy

ETA: Just looked at your pics. I see an annoying street lamp. You know they can be destroyed, yes? Use Twallans comp, Maintenance, Objects, you can see the street lamps in the list - they are 121 in Riverview. Flush them. Gone.
« Last Edit: 2009 October 13, 07:50:37 by ingeli » Logged
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 October 13, 10:01:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where exactly did you see the Maintenance option in Twallan's comp? I can't find it. You are talking about this mod, right?
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2009 October 13, 10:21:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last time I checked there is an option on the Super Computer to pick Maintenance, then Object, then Stats/All, it is the same function he made to flush the limos. Just get the lamps instead. You can also clean out some deco objects (not all though Sad ) - they have a traffic sign or something that looks like it as a symbol. Cleaning out those does NOT clean out the signs, but som wooden towers and hay bales and such in the otherwise inaccessible hood areas. I posted a cleansed, as-empty-as-possible-at-this-point Riverview here:

http://simverses.net/blog/archive/2009/10/02/no-street-lamps.aspx
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 October 13, 10:42:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, I found it. Just didn't realize before that there is also a standalone version with more options, always looked in the regular computers.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2009 October 13, 15:58:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just looked at your pics. I see an annoying street lamp. You know they can be destroyed, yes? Use Twallans comp, Maintenance, Objects, you can see the street lamps in the list - they are 121 in Riverview. Flush them. Gone.

No, I had absolutely no idea! I have had so little time to play during the past weeks that I just now put Twallan's super computer and some other of his mods into my game (his debug mode enabler comes near to being to die for), and am currently in the midst of setting up two towns, one on each map. The one that's going on Riverview will eventually be very old-looking. The one in Sunset Valley not so old, but old enough it doesn't need those hideous street lights. Thank you, thank you for that bit of information!

I am going to have to update my town customization tutorial with this information! Cheesy
« Last Edit: 2009 October 13, 16:03:43 by Regina » Logged

saraswati
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 October 18, 19:38:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Smiley Regina, these are brilliant. I have no idea how I missed this thread when you posted it originally. I will definately be downloading these if I ever decide I want another period 'hood.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2009 October 21, 03:42:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, Saraswati! I just keep running into one problem with them. I need these for one town, and a different set for another, and I'm always forgetting to switch them out between playing. Tongue

Simulate
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 December 05, 00:14:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Despite necromancy being bad.  Tongue

I like the dirt roads, but could you produce a version where the paths are the same pattern as the roads.  So that it looks just like a dirt road with no path. That would be awesome.

I just keep running into one problem with them. I need these for one town, and a different set for another, and I'm always forgetting to switch them out between playing. Tongue

If you still have this problem and are OK with navigating in "My Documents" and creating text files and shortcuts etc. I can show you how to make a couple or more batch files to do that. You then just click on the relevant Icon on your desktop and the correct road type appears.

J. M. Pescado: "Closing this one as an ID: 10T error."
babysmomma
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 December 11, 21:54:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love these road. It makes my town more homey.
Thanx
minou
Tasty Tourist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2009 December 12, 22:08:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Regina, these dirt road replacements are wonderful.  Now, things will make a lot more sense in one of my custom neighborhoods.  I especially like the inclusion of the cart tracks.

Ingeli, I did not know that it is possible to delete street lamps from the neighborhood; without those annoying things, my neighborhood will look the way it should.

Thank you, both, for helping to make my game more enjoyable.  Nice one.

minou
haifen
Crapsack
Retarded Reprobate

#hashtag

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 December 14, 11:38:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't believe I missed this. Thanks, this is great! No, really! Closer to period hoods esp with All About Style's current updates as well. Kudos, btw, on your Tudorish/Ozian huts.  Cheesy

16:29   spockers   I fucking hate going to see movies in theaters now.
16:30   spockers   Unless it's a really fancy old-style movie palace type place, but even then some dick will pull out their Appleberry in the middle of the film and start tweeting about wanting Chris Brown to beat them up
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: