More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:08:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Pudding Plots
| | | |-+  Church, Inn, Market - all medieval style + replacement careers
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Church, Inn, Market - all medieval style + replacement careers  (Read 14610 times)
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
Church, Inn, Market - all medieval style + replacement careers
« on: 2009 October 12, 09:59:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I posted a couple of community lots:
Windle Church

Download here, and see more pics:
http://simverses.net/blog/archive/2009/10/12/windle-church.aspx

(There is also a small replacement file you can use to make the Gallery a Church, if you want to. Simple text mod, no code changes. Download link in same post.)

Windle Inn and Market

Download here, and see more pics:
http://simverses.net/blog/archive/2009/10/09/the-windle-inn-and-the-windle-market-place-quote-square-quote.aspx

I also made some career replacements - medieval versions of the Culinary Career, and the Grocery Store Part Time Job as well as the Mausoleum Job.

Download here:
http://simverses.net/blog/archive/2009/10/09/medieval-career-replacements-for-culinary-career-grocery-store-and-mausoleum.aspx
These files only changes the text, not the coding in any way.

« Last Edit: 2009 October 12, 10:04:42 by ingeli » Logged
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Church, Inn, Market - all medieval style + replacement careers
« Reply #1 on: 2009 October 12, 17:18:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any plans to share your whole hood?  Wink
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009 October 13, 03:41:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ingeli, these look fabulous!

I love them with my road replacements! Cheesy I just uploaded dirt road replacements today.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 October 13, 04:14:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you remaking your Sims2 'hood, Ingeli? I got so frustrated with not being able to do things my Sims2 way that I retorrented and installed Sims2, spending three days on it and getting my cc back. Still have Sims3 in wait for a 'hood editor. I figure the ability to have polygamous families and smite people will come first.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2009 October 13, 04:19:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's already a polygamy mod somewhere, and smiting is easy with Dexter the teddy bear, so your prediction is already true Zaz.  Tongue

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2009 October 13, 07:45:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I am maybe not exactly recreating the Sims2-hood (Windlebridge) as much as doing a new version with the Sims3 possibilities (and limitations). I can see great new things in Sims3, for example the Create-A-Style makes it possible to make almost anything looking oldish. That is a good thing. It is also surprisingly easy to make text mods, and I am working on a complete set of career replacements. In Sims2, I didn't let my medieval sims work at all. In Sims3 they will be able to, and it doesn't look too hard to make new additional careers either. (Like a dead end peasant career. I never liked "medieval" careers starting with serf-ending with king..)
About making the whole hood available for download - hmm, it's a work in progress. I add stuff all the time, rebuild, ect. So I don't think so, but I will post the houses I feel is worth it.

And Regina, the new road replacement looks fabulous!
« Last Edit: 2009 October 13, 08:10:45 by ingeli » Logged
Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 October 13, 22:13:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ingeli, I really like your medieval neighborhood idea. It's the first I've seen of people altering the original game to make their own style of gameplay. I'm extremely interested in seeing where you go with this, because it's definitely gotten me interested in TS3 again.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2009 October 14, 03:56:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Ingeli! I bookmarked your site today because I have an idea I'll be using some of your buildings when I get a bit farther into this one town.

This one is going to be older than the hills eventually. Ironically, it's starting out young and will end up old. My other town is also based on historical settings, but not nearly that far back, so the stone roads are best for it.

Budgie, you should just hang around more. Quite a number of people are trying to do their level best to make those town maps their own. Check out Ellatrue's Hatchet Falls, for example. It definitely adds to the fun of playing.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: