More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 05:12:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The Aging Manager
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Aging Manager  (Read 66714 times)
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
The Aging Manager
« on: 2009 October 11, 19:59:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This mod is unsupported now. The code is a mess and not worth salvaging. I'm probably gonna rewrite it from scratch soonishly.

This is a really simple one; so simple I didn't want to release it in the first place, but someone asked me to and here it is. Maybe someone considers it useful.

Where to find
This is a pure object-less scripting mod; all interactions are added to all Hi Def Mirrors or Lots.

The Interactions
Mirror Interactions
- Suspend/Resume my Aging
- Reset my Aging State
- Suspend/Resume Someone's Aging
- Reset Someone's Aging State
- Suspend/Resume a ServiceNPC's Aging
- Suspend/Resume Aging for all Residents
- Suspend/Resume Aging of all ServiceNPCs
- Suspend/Resume Everyone's Aging
- Suspend/Resume Aging of current Household
- Reset

Lot Interactions
(Applies to all occupants of the lot.)
- Suspend/Resume Aging

Should be self-explanatory.

The file
Supported for game version 1.19/2.14/3.10/4.7/5.5/6.2/7.0
http://www.4shared.com/file/82EEjLgm/Buzz_AgingManager_V10_1.html

You may find mod versions for older game versions in the outdated folders in my 4shared account. These might lack features. Mind you there's no support for outdated mod versions whatsoever.

The Disclaimer
If you're unaware that all hacks, mods, or whatevers are to be used at your own risk and there's always a chance that they lead to a serious case of squished brain, this is not for you.

Using this mod might have a negative impact on other mods that mess with the aging of Sims. Indie Stone and twallan's Story Progression Mod might be candidates. Be careful. Feedback concerning whether or not this is an issue is appreciated.

Be aware, though, that the Aging in TS3 is kinda bugged. If you notice oddities while using this, there's a fair chance that they're caused by the game itself and not the mod. At least the mod shouldn't break anything or enforce mean bugs beyond the capability of the vanilla game.

This mod changes persistent data, i.e. if you disable a Sim's aging and then delete the mod, the aging stays disabled.

Updates

Version 8
- Suspend/Resume Aging of current Household added to mirror interactions
- All interactions which are currently unavailable due to lack of matching sims will be greyed out.
- Squished an obscure non-fatal bug probably never witnessed by anyone.

Version 9
- updated to code base version 1.12/2.7/3.3/4.0

Version 9.1
- Squished a bug. Doesn't cause an exception anymore if the active sim is in one of the Ambitions careers that don't have co-workers.

Version 10
- updated to game version 1.17/2.12/3.8/4.5/5.2/6.0

Version 10.1
- removed homeless checks
« Last Edit: 2011 June 05, 21:44:45 by Buzzler » Logged
gtrv
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: The Aging Manager
« Reply #1 on: 2009 October 13, 08:00:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for sharing with us! I think your hack could be very useful!
However... Do you think it could be possible to extend "suspend/resume aging" to an entire household instead of a single sim?
This way could be much more simple to keep control of aging in neighborhoods...
It was only an idea  Smiley

Thanks a lot!
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 October 13, 15:41:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated to Version 2. See first post for changes.
FYI: There's no check if the inhabitants' aging is currently enabled or disabled for the lot interactions.

Please read the updated disclaimer, if you use any other mods with the functionality to mess with the aging of Sims.

However... Do you think it could be possible to extend "suspend/resume aging" to an entire household instead of a single sim?
Since there are usually multiple households with the same family name after a time making it easy to lose track, I decided to add the interactions to the lots instead of using a PhoneSimPicker list. I hope this will do.
« Last Edit: 2009 October 13, 15:48:32 by Buzzler » Logged
gtrv
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 October 14, 07:48:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi!
Yes, you're right, households can have the same name...
I've tried your v2 and everything seems to be ok... Clicking on a house you can decide wether if you want to age that lot or not.
Wonderful work! Thanks!  Smiley
steamcanuck
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 October 14, 08:40:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bloody brilliant!  Exactly what I was looking for!  Grin

Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 October 15, 14:29:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to manage aging on service npcs? I'd like to keep paper boys and nannies from aging up. Thanks for the mod.

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 October 15, 21:02:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated to Version 3. See first post for changes.
FYI: I installed a check to take the Grim Reaper(s) and NPC ghosts (i.e. ghosts belonging to the ServiceNPC household) out of the picture. Their aging is disabled by default and I don't know if it's such a good idea to mess with it.

Is it possible to manage aging on service npcs?
Absolutely possible, yes. Wink
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 October 17, 04:21:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Er, how exactly do you get the mirror interactions? Modern wall mirror? What is that?
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 October 17, 10:50:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Er, how exactly do you get the mirror interactions? Modern wall mirror? What is that?
It's the rectangular, frameless mirror, which is divided into sections. Costs 300 Sim pesos. WallMirrorModern is actually the object's class name in the code. I can't tell you the in-game name, because it's obviously localized and my game isn't set to English; didn't find the localization file for the mirror either. Possibly something with "Hi Def" or "High Definition" in it.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 October 17, 17:42:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin Thank you very much.

coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 November 19, 13:52:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just checking out all the mods I use to see if they're updated... Is this mod compatible with the new patch and/or WA?
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 November 19, 16:00:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated to Version 4. See first post for changes.
Spent some time with really persistent script errors until I finally found out that it's probably my testing 'hood that's borked (even if it was fine all the time prior to patching ... probably voodoo or sun spots or something) and the mod worked fine all the time. At least that's my assumption since it's working in other 'hoods. At any rate please report script errors or weird behavior.

I'm just checking out all the mods I use to see if they're updated... Is this mod compatible with the new patch and/or WA?
It should be now.
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 November 19, 16:33:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks this is great!

So should I put this updated version in my game even though I have not yet patched/installed WA? Or should I just wait until I do that before utilizing Version 4?
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 November 19, 18:23:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So should I put this updated version in my game even though I have not yet patched/installed WA? Or should I just wait until I do that before utilizing Version 4?
The latter. In V4 are some additional checks which won't work with 1.3.2/1.4.6, and the original notification style doesn't exist anymore. There are no feature changes anyway.
kmonica
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 November 22, 01:15:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Buzzler for a great mod, however it is not working for me :-( I have the newest patch, I have the aging turned off (in the options of the game). I was trying to enable the aging thru your mod for the current household that I'm playing but nothing :-(  They don't age. Am I missing something?

Thanks so much!
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 November 22, 01:53:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Buzzler for a great mod, however it is not working for me :-( I have the newest patch, I have the aging turned off (in the options of the game). I was trying to enable the aging thru your mod for the current household that I'm playing but nothing :-(  They don't age. Am I missing something?

Thanks so much!

No wonder - you have ageing set off! Enable ageing and use his Ageing Manager to shut ageing off on the households you want preserved.
kmonica
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 November 22, 02:25:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Coltraz, appreciate that. I guess I just wanted to do the other way around. I want to play Sims 2 style, with only active family aging. I guess I then will have to go to every single household to disable aging on them. Is there any way to do that without making a household an active household? Thanks again.
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 November 22, 04:15:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can do that with Awesomemod.
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 November 22, 16:59:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated to Version 5. See first post for changes.
Be aware that Reset only affects Sims whose aging can be en-/disabled with this mod. Since I don't have WA, I don't want to mess with the new Sim "types" right now.

Is there any way to do that without making a household an active household? Thanks again.
You can use the lot interactions or V5.
decemberroses
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 November 28, 01:17:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I apologize, I've had the flu, and these meds affect my thinking a bit.  I downloaded and put in the proper place, I think.  I put it in my mods>package folder.  I do have WA, so I dled the one for that.  But I must have missed something because I've tried several mirrors, but I get no aging options. Would someone have pity on my drug-addled head and clue me in on what I'm doing wrong?  Thanks.

*Some people only dream of angels; we held one in our arms.*
                        Remembering Jacob March 8 - 9, 1996
                   Our Angel: http://sids-network.org/fp/jacob.htm
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 November 28, 15:34:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I apologize, I've had the flu, and these meds affect my thinking a bit.  I downloaded and put in the proper place, I think.  I put it in my mods>package folder.  I do have WA, so I dled the one for that.  But I must have missed something because I've tried several mirrors, but I get no aging options. Would someone have pity on my drug-addled head and clue me in on what I'm doing wrong?  Thanks.

It's the rectangular, frameless mirror, which is divided into sections. Costs 300 Sim pesos. WallMirrorModern is actually the object's class name in the code. I can't tell you the in-game name, because it's obviously localized and my game isn't set to English; didn't find the localization file for the mirror either. Possibly something with "Hi Def" or "High Definition" in it.

Leander
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 November 29, 10:11:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you very much, I've been looking this.
Twinmum
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 December 04, 03:11:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much for this. I was using Indie Stone for my aging control, but as that is no longer supported in AM, I had to find something else.  One question (and sorry if I have missed the answer somewhere) Is there a way to return a sim to their previous age?  Not a feature I have used much myself, but there were occasions (going back to sims2 here) where I missed someone aging up and so used a mod to age them down.

On further thought, scrap that question. If I have their aging suspended while I'm not playing them, then I'm not going to miss them aging up!
« Last Edit: 2009 December 04, 05:55:33 by Twinmum » Logged
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 December 07, 12:04:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am wondering if the aging manager will affect pregnancies on the lot and/or in the 'hood? In Sims 2, if the pregnant Sim's age was suspended or stopped, the Sim doesn't progress with his/her pregnancy.

So I am wondering if this is different in Sims 3 where pregnant Sims can continue to have children if their ages were suspended?

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 December 07, 15:55:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am wondering if the aging manager will affect pregnancies on the lot and/or in the 'hood?
As far as I can tell there's no reason why disabling aging would affect pregnancies. These are basically two unattached things with the exception that pregnancies will prevent a Sim to age up to the next aging state.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: