More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 10:56:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Glitched items: Family Inventory
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Glitched items: Family Inventory  (Read 4480 times)
Spineraker
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Glitched items: Family Inventory
« on: 2009 October 11, 16:42:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I've had this problem since my second day of playing the game (had the game since the day before the game came out; yes, this family is that old). When I moved my sims from one house to another, for some reason a large portion of gems I was keeping as house ornaments suddenly became corrupt. I can't select them, move them, or even get their pics to load in the screen. Since the item Nuker doesn't work past the actual Life Mode (i.e.: doesn't work in retail or builder modes), does anyone know of a good way to get rid of these freaking items!?!

Family inventory...those things are SOOO annoying just sitting there...

I don't mind loosing them, as at this point it isn't hard to recover them. I just want them gone either way.
PrinJess
Blathering Buffoon

I shall take ovur the wurld wit grammer!

View Profile
Re: Glitched items: Family Inventory
« Reply #1 on: 2009 October 11, 16:48:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I know, there is no way to get rid of them. Hopefully Pescado will create a Family Inventory nuke command for these glitches.
Spineraker
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 October 11, 20:39:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's kind of what I'm hoping for. If he simply opens the nuke up for family inventory, that would be all that would be needed.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 October 11, 23:01:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem, but the corrupted items were in the family refrigerator.  I couldn't drag them out to discard or "sell" them.  They had no thumbnails.  Of course, nuking the refrigerator didn't help, because they would just reappear in any new refrigerator.  I finally solved it by first nuking the refrigerator, then moving the family out and back in, buying a new refrigerator and it was only at that point that I got the customary green fumes together with the option to "clean out spoiled food".

I don't know how certain items get corrupted.  I realize this doesn't help you, but during that time I realized that the "nuke" option didn't work on family inventory (in fact, I'm not even sure it works in individual inventory for me).  Perhaps you should put your request in the AwesomeMod Requests thread.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2009 October 25, 23:08:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have both issues mentioned, I'm about to try coconnor's method to get rid of the glitched food, but I do.. have a way for you to get rid of your glitched family inventory. Move a random sim in. Move anything you want to keep out of the inventory. Move that sim out, and make them the active family. They will retain the family inventory.. then you can switch back to your actual family and they won't have that crap in the family inventory.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: