More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:37:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Can this be done?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can this be done?  (Read 7905 times)
Kaoz
Asinine Airhead

Born, bred and ready for war

View Profile WWW
Can this be done?
« on: 2009 October 09, 23:04:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I just downloaded the most recent Megahood. (Well it's downloading as we speak. Gonna take another 21 minutes to complete. Damn juggernaut rars.) Here's my question. In theory, the Megahood is untouched. It's all of the default Maxis hoods joined by the mother of all time paradoxes. SO...in theory, if I where to take a copy of my existing Pleasantview and overwrite the Megahood version, it wouldn't effect the other sub-hoods, or the sims already in the original pleasant view, correct? I mean, the hood doesn't "exist" yet until I actually play the neighborhood once. So before I go off and conduct my experiment with the Sims 2 space-time continuum, perhaps someone can confirm to me (or warn me) if my theory is correct or not.

GelatinousSubstance
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Can this be done?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 October 09, 23:10:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. But if you're asking if you can copy your existing Pleasantview into your new MegaHood, I believe the short and simple answer is, "No, you can't."

You can, however, extract your existing Sims through SimSurgery and place tailored duplicates into your new hood.

Doctor: "He was lucky... He was shot in the 90% of the brain that he wasn't using..."

There is no shame in not being ashamed.
Kaoz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009 October 09, 23:35:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bullocks...

Ah well. Got way to many sims I'd wanna transfer to even entertain having to extract them all. I'll just keep everything separate.

haifen
Crapsack
Retarded Reprobate

#hashtag

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 October 10, 00:34:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't fathom playing the megahoods; I have one hood with five households that I struggle to keep together and in sync with each other. With all the sims that come in the Megahood you downloaded you probably wouldn't get to playing your original sims anyway and if you did then you'd probably be neglecting the others defeating the purpose of downloading a Megahood in the first place.

16:29   spockers   I fucking hate going to see movies in theaters now.
16:30   spockers   Unless it's a really fancy old-style movie palace type place, but even then some dick will pull out their Appleberry in the middle of the film and start tweeting about wanting Chris Brown to beat them up
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 October 10, 02:41:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't fathom playing the megahoods; I have one hood with five households that I struggle to keep together and in sync with each other. With all the sims that come in the Megahood you downloaded you probably wouldn't get to playing your original sims anyway and if you did then you'd probably be neglecting the others defeating the purpose of downloading a Megahood in the first place.

In my current 'hood I play 22 households.  The neighbourhood as a whole is over 200 sim days old, and in sync with no struggle because of the fantastic tools provided on this very site.  My 'hood isn't even particularly large or old compared to the ones other members have posted about in the past.  You really should resist telling another TS2 player how to play their game, because unlike TS3, you probably have not imagined all of the possible ways it can be played.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 October 10, 02:57:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bullocks...

Sandras?

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Kaoz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2009 October 10, 14:49:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a British term... Tongue

As far as my "Default" Pleasantview, it's packed. As in so packed I can't fit anymore lots in it. (Using the camera mods, I have lots in places you'd normally not be able to place them.) Gotta be at least 40 or so lots, all of them inhabited. Not even trying to count how many sims their are, because I have families that are upwards of 7th generation, so a LOT of time has passed. I haven't even touched the other hood, and I've had the game since 2007. My only other course of action has been to create my own sub-hoods, but that's a pain in the ass, and I admit to being a lazy bastard, which is why I came up with the wild theory posted above. But if it won't work, I'll just have to knuckle up and just make new sub-hoods myself. (I have sims packed in Pleasantview, Downtown AND Bluewater and I STILL need more space. That should give you an idea of how many sims I have running around.)

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 October 10, 15:05:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Judges, can I get a ruling on "bullocks"?

Sorry, they can't give you points for "a British term." They would, however, have accepted "oxen." A Bullock can be a shady cop in Gotham City or the actor named Sandra. Possessively, Bullock's was a department store chain. And most often, it's what people erroneously type when they mean to say, "Bollocks." It's not all bad news, though - you do win a year's supply of Turtle Wax and your very own copy of the MATY home game!

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Kaoz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2009 October 10, 15:50:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you ever so much for that witty, yet woefully sad attempt at sarcastic humor. Almost managed a mild "chuckle" out of me.

Almost...

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 October 10, 16:32:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, Liz is correct.  Bullocks are oxen, whereas bollocks are what is referred to in the popular UKian expression to which you referred.  Whether you find it funny is up to you.  I personally enjoyed Liz's response.

Now, had you demonstrated a sense of humour, rather than trying to show off a sophistication that you seem not to have, I might not be mulling over whether you're just another stupid, self-important n00b.

Judges, can I get a ruling?

Tribulatio proxima est
haifen
Crapsack
Retarded Reprobate

#hashtag

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 October 10, 22:09:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my current 'hood I play 22 households.  The neighbourhood as a whole is over 200 sim days old, and in sync with no struggle because of the fantastic tools provided on this very site.  My 'hood isn't even particularly large or old compared to the ones other members have posted about in the past.  You really should resist telling another TS2 player how to play their game, because unlike TS3, you probably have not imagined all of the possible ways it can be played.

lol not everyone is as hardcore a sims player as some other users. This is a very casual game after all. The point of my last sentence was simply to point out that there are enough households in the bigger Megahoods that the OP's own might well be negligible. I hardly meant to say PLAY THIS WAY OR DAI. Incidentally what does TS3 have to do with anything? You might be interested to know that I uninstalled it the day after I arr'd it. I still prefer TS2 for simming, myself.

16:29   spockers   I fucking hate going to see movies in theaters now.
16:30   spockers   Unless it's a really fancy old-style movie palace type place, but even then some dick will pull out their Appleberry in the middle of the film and start tweeting about wanting Chris Brown to beat them up
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 October 10, 22:48:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... It's all of the default Maxis hoods joined by the mother of all time paradoxes...

I have a feeling you're idea of what the MegaHood is, is wrong.  It's not some enormous Hood, with the land/lot space of all hoods combined.  It's all of the sims from all of the Hoods combined into one normal Neighborhood.   Unless I'm totally off on what it is.

More sub-hoods does sound like the correct form of action here, by creating multiple subhoods in each category.  I wouldn't do exact copies of Downtown and Bluewater (as one doesn't need multiple copies of some of the sims and/or houses placed), but there are several empty pre-made varieties to choose from  or download other maps that modders have made.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Kaoz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2009 October 11, 03:18:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... It's all of the default Maxis hoods joined by the mother of all time paradoxes...

I have a feeling you're idea of what the MegaHood is, is wrong.  It's not some enormous Hood, with the land/lot space of all hoods combined.  It's all of the sims from all of the Hoods combined into one normal Neighborhood.   Unless I'm totally off on what it is.

More sub-hoods does sound like the correct form of action here, by creating multiple subhoods in each category.  I wouldn't do exact copies of Downtown and Bluewater (as one doesn't need multiple copies of some of the sims and/or houses placed), but there are several empty pre-made varieties to choose from  or download other maps that modders have made.

You must not be much of a Sci-Fi fan. The statement "Mother of all paradoxes" was to imply that by default, neither neighborhood "exists" within the same time frame. Seeing as you can't take one sim and plop them into the next one without crashing your game, which is akin to taking someone from say, the 25th century and dropping them into 12th Europe with a laser rifle. It was just a figurative comment, not literal. Just because I only have 9 posts now doesn't mean I don't know the game works. Only an idiot would thing the Megahood actually adds more real-estate to an existing map.

GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 October 11, 07:15:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let's see, almost every post you've made in this thread, was in relation to how PACKED your Hoods were, and that there is no more SPACE available.  

And then there was this little gem.

...As far as my "Default" Pleasantview, it's packed. As in so packed I can't fit anymore lots in it. (Using the camera mods, I have lots in places you'd normally not be able to place them.) Gotta be at least 40 or so lots, all of them inhabited.  ... My only other course of action has been to create my own sub-hoods, but that's a pain in the ass, and I admit to being a lazy bastard, which is why I came up with the wild theory posted above. But if it won't work, I'll just have to knuckle up and just make new sub-hoods myself. (I have sims packed in Pleasantview, Downtown AND Bluewater and I STILL need more space. That should give you an idea of how many sims I have running around.)

Now DIPSHIT, you tell me, how should I have taken EVERY FUCKING THING you've said?

-Edited to fix a Quote

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Kaoz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2009 October 12, 06:43:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about I tell you to go fuck yourself instead, the tell you to get a life...because getting bent out of shape on a message board because you obviously can't take figurative expression mean you clearly DON'T have one.

Consider yourself dismissed.

Mods, do feel free to close this. I got my answer, anything further said here beating a dead horse, and I really don't enjoy picking on retards.

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 October 12, 12:45:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, not really "ready for war" after all, then.

Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 October 12, 15:44:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

because getting bent out of shape on a message board because you obviously can't take figurative expression mean you clearly DON'T have one.

It would help if your figurative expression made more sense, which it doesn't in the context you used it in, since you evidently (from what I've read of your posts here) DON'T understand how neighbourhoods or megahoods really work. Which is fair enough, but then it's pretty silly to get insulted when someone questions whether you understand it or not.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: