More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 07:53:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  sims can't put books away
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: sims can't put books away  (Read 7175 times)
socklady
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
sims can't put books away
« on: 2009 October 09, 12:56:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

was wondering if anyone was having this problem... the sims can't put their books away. it's really strange. they pick up the book to put it away, and then they try to walk through the wall. the little feet pattern comes up, and then they put the book on the floor. pick it up, take a few steps, and try to walk through the wall again. happens in every room of this particular house i built. the door is there to go through, and they just don't get it. really weird.

the book is either on the floor, or on the coffee table, and then i get this behavior.  it's really odd because when they leave the room and come back, they pick up the book and then put it away.

jacqueline
 Huh Huh
Dab
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: sims can't put books away
« Reply #1 on: 2009 October 09, 13:55:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It sounds like you are suffering from capitalization failure.
charcharmm
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 October 09, 17:56:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this situation once. I ask my girl to go painting while she was reading a book, and yet she hold the book and start painting. You know it looks werid because her right hand was down holding the book and she moves like she was painting. After the painting was finished, she went to the desk and put the book down  Grin I think I've downloaded the latest version thogh
socklady
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 October 10, 12:20:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i did not have awesome mod installed, but i am going to get it now. i did not know this was an old  issue. it started after i got the 1.4 update. i am also having problems with sound as the game recognizes the sound from a modem i do not use. i disabled it, and all was well, and then my scanner would not work. oh well.

jacqueline
tjstreak
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 October 10, 18:57:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had a similar thing happen.  The sim goes to the bookcase, stands around, then drops the books on the floor.  I don't recall whether AM was installed at the time.  I usually run the game without AM because it tends to slow the game down too much.  (Although this problem is not as bad if I keep the population under 75.)
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 October 10, 23:18:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recall something similar happening in my game before I started using awesomemod. I discovered that placing bookcases in the family inventory while moving sims to new houses caused bought books and sim-written books to disappear, so I started putting the individual books into a sim's individual inventory before placing bookcases in the family inventory and/or moving house. Once the sims were in the new house, if I told them to put away the books from their inventory, they would just drop them on the floor, and I had to manually put the books away by opening the bookcase. I'm not sure if this still happens, or not, because I use awesomemod, and I haven't moved any sims with bought or written books recently. I send them to the library instead of the bookstore.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
borsco
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 October 11, 11:04:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Happens to me too, I figured it was books that they no longer had access to the bookcases that they came from that they couldn't put away, as I had one sim who jumped in car and drove to her parents house, put book away there and drove back home again  Grin  Now I find it easier just to drag and drop from inventory to  bookcase, saves time and effort  Wink
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 October 11, 11:29:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Books normally have a homing pointer indicating which bookshelf they came from. When you move using the "pack furniture" option, all the objects on the original lot are actually cloned rather than being moved, so the book pointers either point at nothing in particular, or at the old bookshelf, and you have to re-home the books.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
socklady
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 October 12, 13:07:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks for the tips. and... i put in the awesome mod, and my kid loves it.

jacqueline
« Last Edit: 2009 October 12, 13:13:22 by socklady » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: