More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 08:30:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Saraswati's Patterns- Updated 31st of October with Gothic Brocades
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Saraswati's Patterns- Updated 31st of October with Gothic Brocades  (Read 13400 times)
saraswati
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Saraswati's Patterns- Updated 31st of October with Gothic Brocades
« on: 2009 October 08, 23:13:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been doing African patterns for my friend Jacqui, so I thought I'd let everyone here know the pattern is available. This pattern is a Kente pattern called Adwin Asa.

If you want the pattern, get it here.
« Last Edit: 2009 October 31, 05:02:13 by saraswati » Logged
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: African pattern for TS3
« Reply #1 on: 2009 October 08, 23:21:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I enjoyed the information about the pattern, both from here and from your link, nice looking pattern too.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
saraswati
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 October 08, 23:28:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Smiley thanks Witch.

Kente patterns have a huge amount of symbolism worked into them, both colour and pattern are extremely important which is partially why I find it so interesting working on them. There's more information on the patterns on this site http://www.marshall.edu/akanart/KENTECLOTH_SAMPLES.HTML

I'll probably do two more, then I'm going to back and fix some elements on the first Kente pattern I did (it's too large and a couple of the elements aren't positioned correctly)
Eva
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 October 08, 23:46:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really nice. Great work! I'm so glad someone besides Sims Resource is still doing Sims 3 patterns. This one is wonderful.
saraswati
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 October 09, 00:06:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Smiley thanks Eva. Oh, I've got a ton of patterns I want to create. I particularly want to do ethnic, Victorian, Art Deco and Art Noveau patterns. I figure the other types of patterns are well covered by creators like Ambular anyway.
Nighteyes
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 October 09, 00:53:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is beautiful! Do you plan on making more of these patterns? (I hope.. Smiley )
Looked more into your site and I love it! Thank you for all you do.
« Last Edit: 2009 October 09, 00:58:45 by Nighteyes » Logged
saraswati
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 October 09, 08:27:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Smiley Absolutely, I will definately be making some more. I'm intending to make at least two more of this style of pattern before I tackle some patterns from other cultures.
SilverOne
Retardo Lander

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 October 16, 20:50:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is an eye-catching pattern and the colors remind me of Jamaica. S3 needs more ethnic patterns like this and I'm also looking forward to your Art Deco/Nouveau patterns. Great start here!

"DISOBEDIENCE, n. The silver lining to the cloud of servitude."
saraswati
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: African pattern for TS3 - new pattern as at 19th Oct
« Reply #8 on: 2009 October 18, 19:11:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Smiley Thank you, Silver one.

I've put another pattern up on my home site, it's called Absua Ye Dom, which means "the extended family is a force".

Anyone who wants the pattern can also get it at Sublime Sims.
socurious
Exasperating Eyesore

Loki Craptastic!

View Profile
Re: African patterns for TS3-Update on 19th of Oct
« Reply #9 on: 2009 October 22, 01:51:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your patterns are lovely, but your Sublime Sims link didn't work for me.  I got:  Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL

..."you should certainly be well-read in a subject before you pass judgement on it," Solowren
saraswati
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 October 22, 08:23:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, that would be because we're mid site move at the moment.
Try this link for the Absua Ye Dom pattern. http://sublimesims.net/sims3/patterns/saraswati/s3pat_sar_kentepattern03.zip
and this one for the Adwin Asa pattern. http://sublimesims.net/sims3/patterns/saraswati/s3pat_sar_kentepattern02.zip.

If you still get any issues let me know and I'll whack the files on Media Fire or something.
socurious
Exasperating Eyesore

Loki Craptastic!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 October 24, 13:39:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would explain a lot.  You're links worked well, thank you.  Are you considering creating any other Afro-centric objects? 

Edit:  Checked out your site, and I really like the cultural-themes included.  Maybe an African theme for Sims 3 is in the offing?
« Last Edit: 2009 October 24, 13:50:45 by maurie » Logged

..."you should certainly be well-read in a subject before you pass judgement on it," Solowren
saraswati
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 October 24, 21:17:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maurie, I hope so. A lot depends on whether I can get Jacqueline creating for TS3, she absolutely adores African stuff.

But definitely expect more of that type of content from us, it's the type of stuff we love doing. I think half the trouble with base game Sims is that the content that comes out of EA is always so bland. I'm hoping EA is true to their word (for once) and actually provide a proper neighborhood creator so the 'hood starts to lose the wooden and predictable feel it's got at the moment.
socurious
Exasperating Eyesore

Loki Craptastic!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 October 24, 23:56:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I didn't know better than to do so here, I could just "squee."  I really hope Jacqueline decides to create stuff for Sims 3 - the African content is glaringly missing.  It's one of my faves.

SilverOne
Retardo Lander

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 October 25, 02:06:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But definitely expect more of that type of content from us, it's the type of stuff we love doing. I think half the trouble with base game Sims is that the content that comes out of EA is always so bland. I'm hoping EA is true to their word (for once) and actually provide a proper neighborhood creator so the 'hood starts to lose the wooden and predictable feel it's got at the moment.

You've hit the nail on the head here and the other part is that EAxis designs and color combinations are hideous. I don't think the designers have any idea of how to use the color wheel to combine complementary colors and aesthetically pleasing designs. If we didn't have our awesome designers/creators in the simming community, the game would surely have tanked years ago.

"DISOBEDIENCE, n. The silver lining to the cloud of servitude."
saraswati
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: African patterns for TS3-Update on 25th of October
« Reply #15 on: 2009 October 25, 10:23:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just updated with another Kente pattern. This one is the Awia Repue pattern (rising sun)

If you want to download the pattern you can get it here.
« Last Edit: 2009 October 25, 10:45:57 by saraswati » Logged
saraswati
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Saraswati's Patterns- Updated 31st of October with Gothic Brocades
« Reply #16 on: 2009 October 31, 05:04:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rather than spamming the forum with a new thread for every type of pattern I end up creating, I thought I'll just turn this thread into "Saraswati's Patterns", and update here with whatever I create.

Today I've updated with a couple of Gothic brocades for Halloween. They were supposed to be up a few days ago, but I got preoccupied with real life instead.

Anyone who wants them can get them at Sublime Sims.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: