More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 06:16:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Crash to Desktop w/ Woohoo
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Crash to Desktop w/ Woohoo  (Read 2997 times)
Blech
Garrulous Gimp

Moar Stanky Than You

View Profile
Crash to Desktop w/ Woohoo
« on: 2009 October 08, 13:51:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I am posting as a last resort here, I swear!

The problem: Sometimes when I direct 2 of my sims to woohoo, be it in bed or standing up, I get a crash to desktop. With the first crash, I removed the first thing that seemed obvious, Teen Woo-hoo, and re-did my AM config to set that to false. Reloaded, and it crashed again, so I went back into mods and removed any hacks that might affect beds. The only one I had was the NRaaS Sleep Freedom hack. I removed this with the intention of doing a binary search if this also failed. I reload, and the bed is gone, and the sims are just standing where the bed was. I figured, "case closed", bought a new bed, and continued playing. I played for a while, leaving those 2 hacks out since I wasn't playing any teens anyway. After about 3 or 4 sim days, it just randomly starts up again, but with a twist; inconsistency. Now, removing any mod at random has an equal chance of "solving" the problem as doing nothing. So, now it appears a binary search would be useless since the problem seems to disappear via voodoo.

I should also say that it doesn't always crash at the initial direction to woohoo. Sometimes it's as soon as I tell them to go at it, sometimes it's during, sometimes immediately after, and sometimes they sleep, wake up, get out of bed, and then it crashes. But it always follows whatever pattern that was started when I reload, and it only happens when someone has gotten laid or is about to. So, if it crashes the morning after, when I reload, it will either crash again at the same point or not at all.

Search is absolutely no help, so I'm just hoping someone else knows WTF is going on here.

ETA: I went ahead and tried a binary search anyway, but had to quit to save my sanity. It's completely fucking random. I removed all "hacks" and it was fixed. Put them all back, still fixed. Removed half, broken. Remove that half, put in other half, broken. Put all back, broken. Do nothing, fixed. This is driving me nuts.
« Last Edit: 2009 October 08, 14:17:43 by smellyarmando » Logged

Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Evil is profitable only when everyone is not evil.
Moar words of wisdom from our wise and bearded Fearless Leader.
Blech
Garrulous Gimp

Moar Stanky Than You

View Profile
Re: Crash to Desktop w/ Woohoo
« Reply #1 on: 2009 October 08, 15:14:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I delete all four between tests. I've pretty much given up, for now. From now on, all my sims are celibate, since that's the only way to prevent the stupid, random crashing.

Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Evil is profitable only when everyone is not evil.
Moar words of wisdom from our wise and bearded Fearless Leader.
Crazetex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Crash to Desktop w/ Woohoo
« Reply #2 on: 2009 October 15, 21:28:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is your computer Catholic?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: