More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:52:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Delphy's New Breast Slider Hack
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Delphy's New Breast Slider Hack  (Read 39195 times)
Morgaine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Delphy's New Breast Slider Hack
« Reply #25 on: 2009 October 13, 21:08:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Smiley Works fine for me, looks great, love it. Besides the plain shirts most of the clothes are O.K.
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 October 13, 23:08:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So making a note of what meshes have their weights wrong is... apparently the height of stupidity, according to you?  Roll Eyes

No, I seem worst ...

Also FYI that did not strike me as "making a note" but the usual bitching and moaning and also its not as if Delphy did not conducted a open test back in September 24  were on the next day the following list was posted.

tops-
afTopShirtTee_Crew - badly deformed mesh
afTopJacketSuit - minor mesh changes
afTopJacketUpCollar_sport - minor deformed mesh
body-
afBodyDressWeddingGown - odd mesh distortion
afBodyDressWeddingGown_necklace - odd mesh distortion
afBodySuitWideLapel_designer - minor mesh changes
afBodyDressTight_halter - minor mesh changes

To which he replied ...

"Thanks for the testing everybody! Unfortunately, I can't do anything about the non-optimal meshes since it's obviously a bone mapping issue with them."

Tread:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=371693&c=1&ht=&page=1&pp=25#startcomments

Also its as if the actual release did not mentioned that:
Note that these do not work for all clothes. Some female clothing will not appear as larger breasts - this is due to the way the clothing is built. Additionally some meshes/clothing will look strange with larger breasts - this is not something I can fix, and, again, is due to the way the clothing is built

Note two things:

1) The one issue that can really be addressed is with the game supplied meshes, one have serious issues as the other six have some minor issues.
2) Issues with 3rd party custom content are issues that who created said content have to resolve.

Also I know he is working on a height slider and a butt slider as I expect the same issues happening with the breast slider will happen with the butt slider but I expect the STUPID is really going to show up with the height slider because the animations will look wrong (like in TS2 with the skeleton height code) and people WILL point it again and again.
ronnietwoeleven
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 October 19, 18:31:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sweeet! I love this....
I can't wait for the butt sliders, that would make the sims much more realistic.
CaptaiNemo
Asinine Airhead

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 October 30, 23:53:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

this is not something I can fix, and, again, is due to the way the clothing is built
Does he happen to mention why the bones of the broken meshes can't just be remapped properly and then used to override the originals? Shouldn't be a big deal for any semi-experienced modeler who has mapped bones before..
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 October 31, 02:31:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I think a replacer can be done but the problem comes from the fact each clothing have the mesh included in the package as I think its possible to correct the Maxis mesh, its not that easy when people cloned it for their re-textures.
wes_h
Knuckleheaded Knob

Lady on Rancho Como

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 October 31, 02:37:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't believe there is any technical problems remaking those meshes as replacement packages. They just lack sufficient assignments to the L and R breast joints. You wouldn't have to even mess with the morphs and CTU stuff if you are changing only the weights, just edit one GEOM per age per item (well, probably not the child age group). It just looks like no meshers have taken on this project.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: