More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 22:28:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What happens if I edit the OBJD directly in my Program Files?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What happens if I edit the OBJD directly in my Program Files?  (Read 2279 times)
LurkingCat
Asinine Airhead

...that about sums it up for me.

View Profile WWW
What happens if I edit the OBJD directly in my Program Files?
« on: 2009 October 07, 01:37:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm attempting to cram as much 'stuff' into my game as possible.  Grin

(I have all EP/SPs (except H&M) - 4GB ram plus 4 more on Ready Boost/Vista...)

I also just realized that I have recategorized or hidden just about every Maxis thing in the catalog. So, in the interest of trimming away unneeded files - couldn't I get rid of these hider-mods/recategorizing files and just change the Program Files directly? (Making back ups first, of course. Roll Eyes) I've already successfully done this with the Base Game H05 and H06 bundles - but they were just stuff.

If things won't blow up on me - would I just need to change the reoccuring things (things that show up in each EP) in M&G, or should I do each EPs rendition?
If it's not advisable to do the EPs - what about the SPs?

What do you think?  Huh

Do you know the muffin man?
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
Re: What happens if I edit the OBJD directly in my Program Files?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 October 07, 01:56:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anything that has redundant copies from EP to EP, you should be able to just edit the version in your most recent expansion.  The only real pitfall I can think of no longer really applies, since there won't be further expansions or patches whose installation would be messed up by changes to the core files.

I'm tempted to do this myself, but I have so many things hidden or recategorized it would be a mammoth undertaking.  Still might do it sometime though, just to save some disk space. :p

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
LurkingCat
Asinine Airhead

...that about sums it up for me.

View Profile WWW
Re: What happens if I edit the OBJD directly in my Program Files?
« Reply #2 on: 2009 October 07, 02:03:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the confirmation.
Yes, it will be a huge undertaking for probably very little space - but who knows - maybe I'll gain enough space to have all 23 white toilets back in my game (kidding, just kidding...)  Wink

Anyone else have an opinion?

EDIT: I just modified 2 items in the M&G Program Files (instead of making a Hider for them) and, FYI, it takes forEVER to save the file. It did it, though; and I tested it in game - everything worked great. Just don't freak when SimPE goes white and doesn't respond. I went downstairs, made/had a martini - when I came back, all was good.  Kiss
« Last Edit: 2009 October 07, 02:55:45 by LurkingCat » Logged

Do you know the muffin man?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: