More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:51:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  EAxis House of Phail: October 2009
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EAxis House of Phail: October 2009  (Read 46400 times)
bestofsmall
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: EAxis House of Phail: October 2009
« Reply #25 on: 2009 October 14, 23:45:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi everyone,
 These are all such awesome houses! I've downloaded all the houses from this and previous House of Fail challenges and I'm having a blast redoing them all. I made a Dorm for this one but have no idea how to post the pics so here's a link where they are http://www.box.net/shared/qkuxvhilch and the lot is in the same folder .
I hope it's okay to do post it this way ?
Edit : forgot to add games I have : uni, NL, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT, AL , Teen Style ,FFS ,Glamour & celebration
thanks Jorganza & Chobeegal , I got the photobucket one and it worked !

« Last Edit: 2009 October 15, 06:17:38 by bestofsmall » Logged
chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

And there shall be blood!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 October 15, 00:28:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah what the heck, what's another row house? ... Luckily, I have another house I'm working on. I might have to break down though and get some worn out, grungy recolors.

I like both. Download links please?

Jorganza
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 October 15, 01:45:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the nice comments!

Ah what the heck, what's another row house? ... Luckily, I have another house I'm working on. I might have to break down though and get some worn out, grungy recolors.

I like both. Download links please?

I haven't finished decorating them yet, and I've been sick the past couple of days so I haven't been in the mood to finish them. If I feel better, I'll have them decorated and posted this weekend.

And how's your makeover coming along, Chobeegal? Usually you have 2 or 3 great uploads already.

To bestofsmall: Very nice dorm! You can upload pics directly to this site by registering* to a photo site like photobucket or imageshack and copying and pasting the URLs into your message.

*I think you don't even have to register for photobucket to upload pictures to the site, but I'm not a 100% sure.
« Last Edit: 2009 October 15, 02:16:22 by Jorganza » Logged
chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 October 15, 04:16:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the nice comments!
And how's your makeover coming along, Chobeegal? Usually you have 2 or 3 great uploads already.
I got sidetracked by a makeover challenge/contest I discovered over at Colour Sims (Tweak their Crib http://www.coloursims.missingstudios.com/index.php?topic=276.0). It's a bit different than this one, but same principle; take a Maxis made atrocity and make it into something usable that you like.

To bestofsmall: Very nice dorm! You can upload pics directly to this site by registering* to a photo site like photobucket or imageshack and copying and pasting the URLs into your message.
*I think you don't even have to register for photobucket to upload pictures to the site, but I'm not a 100% sure.
I think you do actually have to register. I seem to recall I registered before I could use it.

ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 October 15, 16:16:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

bestofsmall - I really like the look of the dorm. It is unique in a very good way. It has symmetry without the mirror image effect. Nice!
chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 October 27, 00:17:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, here we go. Finally! Mine this time has a very tropical theme. It is 4 bedrooms, 3 & 1/2 baths spanning three floors which includes a Master Suite in the walkout basement. The walkout basement opens directly onto a patio in the sunken back garden. I don't know if the CC I used is actually technically CC since it is pulled and adapted from Castaway Stories (and Life Stories too, I think), so it is originally Maxis produced, but I used it to achieve the true tropical effect I was going for. The "dining room" is actually an open verandah overlooking the back garden. Even in Florida (most of it anyway) an open air dining room would not be feasible a good part of the year, but I think it would be fine in the Carribean islands, Hawaii, or Mexico. It's probably too much for slower machines to handle. Here are pictures:

Slideshow:
http://s694.photobucket.com/albums/vv302/chobeegal_photos/Chobee%20Tropicana/?albumview=slideshow

Download:
http://www.box.net/shared/x1xd179dlp

chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 October 29, 08:34:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I decided to quickly try a different approach to this and see what I could do with using absolutely no CC at all.
I know others have done the RowHouse thing this month, but this was a personal challenge to myself to make something I would really like using only Maxis EP and SP stuff without even any recolors. I thought if I could do it why can't they?
I will admit to succumbing to temptation of using CC in two things shown in the pictures, the nursery curtains and the bedmatching rugs, but those are not critical to the design and easily removed (which I did do for the upload). Oh yes, also for playtesting purposes, I used the Simlogical StayThings and Transport shrubs as well as Numinor's slot thingy and Menaceman's light fix, all of which were still installed when the pictures were taken.
I have no idea if this meets Awesome Specs, but apartments have only one desk, contain a nursery, and have toilet facilities on both levels.
I am also uploading the version with the little bit of CC still in it in case anyone wants it that way.
So with no further ado, I present The CandyFloss Rowhouses; 2 bedroom (+ Nursery), 1 1/2 bath apartments; with large communal basement recreation area.

Slideshow:
http://s694.photobucket.com/albums/vv302/chobeegal_photos/The%20CandyFloss%20Rowhouses/?albumview=slideshow

Downloads:
As pictured (Minimal CC)- http://www.box.net/shared/861nhhr5xo
No CC at all version- http://www.box.net/shared/vr13e3vze5

*Edit for spelling and better description. At 4AM I was not at my sharpest. Yeah, definitely not the sharpest tack in the box at 4AM, as I now see that I forgot to put in all the windows in the front!
« Last Edit: 2009 October 30, 01:53:06 by chobeegal » Logged

Liveangel
Querulous Quidnunc

Meh.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2009 October 29, 09:03:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I decided to team up colonial exterior with a modern interior in this attempt at an AwesomeSpec house. This was not originally planned to be symmetrical, however, I discovered that the One Desk area was too small. Additionally, I regret that I did not get a shot of the back, but I can fix that. Anyway, on with the picspam:

Front:

Floorplan of first floor:

Floorplan of second floor (fuck yeah consistency due to laziness):

Addtional screengrabs (click to enlarge):
The living room:

Moar living room:

One Deskistan:

That dining room:

The front, taken at night:

Download it here!

"Jesus is not Santa Claus for adults! Jesus is for everyone!"Edward Current
chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 October 30, 02:47:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is just really an expansion and completion (I added the missing front windows) of The CandyFloss Rowhouses. I would have attached it there, but I was afraid it would make the post too long. The CottonCandy Townhouses (as I call this version) are expanded to include a third floor Master Suite and the former Master Bedroom is now a children's room with the connecting door to the Nursery removed. The former single child's room can now be either a guest room or remain as a child or teen's room. Also, the parents no longer have to share that tiny bathroom with their offspring! I am posting only pictures showing the major changes.

Slideshow:
http://s694.photobucket.com/albums/vv302/chobeegal_photos/The%20CottonCandy%20Townhouses/?albumview=slideshow

Download (No CC):
http://www.box.net/shared/ei2n8tyn7z

chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 November 01, 01:46:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I know it is now November 1 on the other side of the world, but we still have 2 1/2 hours to go here.  Grin
At first glance this (Bon-Bon Villa Townhomes) might look pretty much the same as The CandyFloss one insofar as layout goes, but there are some significant differences. In the Bon-Bon there are two good size bedrooms in each apartment, each with its own bath. Each apartment also has a private front and back garden as well as a private basement recroom. The apartments are also staggered rather than in a straight line. There is a communal play ground at one side of the lot. This is just something I wanted to try out, and I think it came out pretty well, though it definitely would have worked better on a wider and deeper lot.
There is just a tiny bit of CC in this, but very little. Just Numinor's slot thingy, Menaceman's light fix, and Silent Lucidity's Walk Through Blocks is all I can think of.

Slideshow:
http://s694.photobucket.com/albums/vv302/chobeegal_photos/Bon-Bon%20Villa%20Townhomes/?albumview=slideshow
Download:
http://www.box.net/shared/gddi69xbgk

chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009 November 06, 03:19:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's November 5th (6th already on the other side of the globe) and no one has suggested or posted a new house. I would post something, but none of my choices have flat lots and I can't flatten them. Is this thread now dead, died, deceased?
« Last Edit: 2009 November 07, 04:11:46 by chobeegal » Logged

Prosthetics
Blathering Buffoon

Wonderful

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 November 06, 14:48:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oops. I have not been paying much attention to MATY of late, to be quite honest. I will go searching for some houses and ensure a base game build (though I may need someone else to take care of the specifics.)

I think what I mean to say here is that I will suggest a house. Hopefully soon.
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 November 06, 23:37:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's November 5th (6th already on the other side of the globe) and no one has sugested or posted a new house. I would post something, but none of my choices have flat lots and I can't flatten them. Is this thread now dead, died, deceased?

If you suggest a lot, I can easily flatten the edges before posting it.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009 November 07, 04:09:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Watervista Palace has annoyed me ever since I "found" this "hidden bonus lot" in Belladonna Cove. It has no visible support, hanging in the air like some huge treehouse wannabe with no entry doors and almost no windows. My bonus rule would be to leave hills and trees in lot landscaping (amazingly the lot edges are already flat).

http://www.box.net/shared/udc0h9rmlq

Prosthetics
Blathering Buffoon

Wonderful

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009 November 07, 06:31:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

what the...there's no doors? Oh my.

This one should do, I think. It's obviously in dire need of a make-over.
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009 November 23, 02:33:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Watervista Palace has annoyed me ever since I "found" this "hidden bonus lot" in Belladonna Cove.

Where in BC did you find this monstrosity?

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2009 November 23, 07:24:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's the "hidden" lot right at the top of the lake. You need one of the camera edits to see the game to the edges to "find" it. There are a number of the camera edits available on MTS. I actually forget which one I am currently using.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: