More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 01:16:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  New rabbitholes
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New rabbitholes  (Read 34444 times)
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
New rabbitholes
« on: 2009 October 03, 18:39:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

..in the form of small signs. Available here:
http://www.toolregame.com/forums/thread-575.html

I have tried them out, works well as far as I can see.
DaHedgie
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: New rabbitholes
« Reply #1 on: 2009 October 03, 22:00:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't imagine how anyone would need this.
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009 October 03, 22:02:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To build your own city/village/whatever with? You know, themed hoods ect. Very popular with many simmers.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009 October 03, 22:12:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or, if someone wanted to stick all the rabbit holes on a lot where it doesn't interfere with anything to free up space for worthwhile buildings.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2009 October 03, 23:06:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't imagine how anyone would need this.
Maybe a lack of imagination is the problem! Smiley

I can imagine using at least some of those, definitely. While I actually do like many of the rabbit hole buildings, seeing them over and over again gets very tiresome. I can see myself using these inside of other buildings that I have built to my specifications. Thanks for posting about them!

Night Racer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 October 03, 23:43:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now You Can Go Inside Stores: Finally! I hated sending my Sims off to shop and having to stare at the outsides of buildings for forever like I was playing a real-time strategy game and waiting for the battle to end. Naturally, the game also lets you build your own stores and fill it with whatever kind of junk you want to sell.

im prone to not belive this. Why bother making them rabbit holes, only to make them not-so in the first expansion 5 months later? It whould be more efficient just to unlock them from the beggining...
And if this is true...im sure its like OFB. Plot down plants and sculptures, maybe a small tv... and mark it for sale. Sims come and buy them, then their inventories are spammed with 25 Tvs and 67 Potted plants. But if they need groceries or books they still need to go to the black hole that is Devisarado Books (or whatever its called)

EDIT: Sidonzo at the sims 3 forum posted his idea, which makes way more sence and is probly what the original interpretaion meant.:
I have a feeling that what this reviewer is talking about is not opening up the grocery and bookstore rabbit holes, but new shops in the new destinations where you can buy souvenirs and things. So if this information is true what it probably means is that we can make little curio shops now, not that the grocery and bookstore will be playable
THIS is what i am sure is gonna happen.. objects that only apear when you enter the special....code thing...to unlock tomb building... it will also unclock special sellable items that you can set up and sims will buy. Another point againt all rabbit holes opening is all the existing rabbit holes are also jobs...so what will happen to the sims that work there? Either disapear and become invisable..or EA will have to actualy make animations and stuff for there jobs...which i KNOW isnt gonna happen.
I also hear Kataku or whatever...the site that posted that info..isnt to reliable..so..
« Last Edit: 2009 October 04, 04:12:49 by Night Racer » Logged

I seem to have lost my mind. I'm going to look for it, if you see it tell it to wait for me.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2009 October 04, 00:06:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why bother making them rabbit holes, only to make them not-so in the first expansion 5 months later?
I am also skeptical, but if it's true, it wouldn't be the first time EA has had to turn tales and run in a feature they put into a Sims game. Many people hate the rabbit holes. Or perhaps EA had plans of making non-rabbit hole lots all along and decided they'd make a great selling feature for an expansion pack. It wouldn't be the first time that kind of thing has happened, either.

Catangi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 October 04, 05:04:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Registration only? Blah. I'd like them, because I like customizing how my town looks, but I don't want to register.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 October 04, 05:14:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

im prone to not belive this. Why bother making them rabbit holes, only to make them not-so in the first expansion 5 months later? It whould be more efficient just to unlock them from the beggining...
Rabbit Holes are not going away, they are merely adding the ability to have non-rabbithole-based stores as well. Of course, with finite lotspace, that is not necessarily great. As for why RabbitHoles, well, that's simple: Their PRIMARY function is as a career. Haven't you noticed how every rabbithole hosts a career? Since making your sims VISIBLY at work is purposeless and computationally expensive, rabbitholes exist for that purpose.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
JamesNine
Blathering Buffoon

Llama

View Profile
Re: New rabbitholes = Registration
« Reply #9 on: 2009 October 04, 05:56:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Registration only? Blah. I'd like them, because I like customizing how my town looks, but I don't want to register.
I must concur on the "Registration" bit, I have enough jun kmail as it is.

Is this uploaded elseware?

Also, is it worth it? I can certainly see the benefits of having them.

More Awesome Sig
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 October 04, 09:27:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, Tents are coming that let your Sims be truly homeless:
Now You Can Be a Real Hobo! The game introduces tents that you can pitch in tombs - or in public parks - and actually gain Energy from sleeping in. Oh, the possibilities.
They still aren't homeless. Sims who are present/available in town need a home-lot. And you can already pretend to play homeless Sims by letting them sleep on benches; it's more "appropriate" than tents too.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 October 04, 09:44:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Experiments with that have indicated that it is certainly possible to armtwist the game into accepting true homelessness, though.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 October 04, 11:10:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Experiments with that have indicated that it is certainly possible to armtwist the game into accepting true homelessness, though.
Really? How? I guess giving a household an invalid lot id would be to simple.

And even if an household is truly homeless, they still won't act like homeless bums when uncontrolled. Seems kinda pointless to me.
zombiestasterotten
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 October 05, 12:47:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

build an entire deathtrap
Death Fish and a Life Fish in the same tank

These were the things that excited me, the deathtrap possibility of more ways to die, and bigger fish tanks.
Viscountess
Gelina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 October 07, 13:32:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For those of you that would rather not register.

http://rs378.rapidshare.com/files/289832056/SignMeshes.zip

or

http://www.4shared.com/file/138250865/d3f5d11d/SignMeshes.html
JamesNine
Blathering Buffoon

Llama

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 October 07, 22:38:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the download, Gelina.

Anyone try the signs yet? Do they work well for creating custom career buildings?

More Awesome Sig
hussy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 October 08, 01:19:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put all of the signs on a lot last night and demolished the rabbit holes they replaced. I did not build any buildings for the sims to go inside of yet. The signs work just fine. The only problem I had is that my sims in the family I was playing would not go to school anymore. I haven't tested the school with a new family.
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2009 October 08, 08:45:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The site added another 5 signs, now covering all the rabbit holes. They have also added smaller versions of the diner sign.

I have tested some of them, and successfully built new custom buildings for diner, bistro and food store. It's a little tricky to place the signs so they are not blocked, easiest is to play test extensively while building. But other than that they work great. Twallans custom careers stick to them, and work fine.
Viscountess
Gelina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 October 08, 11:38:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Links to other 5 signs:

http://www.4shared.com/file/138477093/8253b19b/MoreSigns.html

or

http://rapidshare.com/files/290234561/MoreSigns.zip
Blech
Garrulous Gimp

Moar Stanky Than You

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 October 08, 12:19:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't tried it yet, but from the screenshots on the site it appears that, yes, you build whatever you want, and then strategically place one of the signs to designate the building as a particular rabbit hole.

Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Evil is profitable only when everyone is not evil.
Moar words of wisdom from our wise and bearded Fearless Leader.
dilitru
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 October 08, 12:41:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What the hell was jared_smithson's wall of text? Huh
Anyway, I tried to use the signs. Happily abolished the City Hall for a smaller town hall. I discovered that the "entry point" spawns in different places, but it's always beside the sign. So you can make a sign, have its entry point not behind it (but not directly behind the sign), and then place a door (like in the screenshot at the site) beside it. What happens is that the sims will enter the door before disappearing. Neat.  Cheesy
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2009 October 08, 14:23:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah thats what you can do. Build a house around it. I placed the bistro sign so it appears as they vanish when they enter the door of the Inn. Works great. They either eat "inside" (invisible) or get the food and then sit down either inside or outside - makes the place look like a restaurant Cheesy. I have a foosball-game inside and a bar, and sims flock there, then eat in the bistro when they get hungry.
deskp
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 November 02, 11:41:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i wanna see some pictures before i download
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2009 November 02, 15:38:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The original site closed their downloads, but these are now uploaded at MTS, with pics:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=376414
Jellohelicopter
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 November 07, 03:02:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded the community lot only versions of these earlier off MTS, but I can't seem to find them anywhere now. (As I just found a residential purpose for them of course) MTS is showing that Mel has no downloads whatsoever and has 8 recent downloads at the same time. I'm not sure what is up with that, but none of those downloads listed are these now.

Just wanted to let anyone know in case they were lost in trying to find these from the MTS link.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: