More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 02:37:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Crash to Desktop on Zoom in?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Crash to Desktop on Zoom in?  (Read 5810 times)
EHayze
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Crash to Desktop on Zoom in?
« on: 2009 September 21, 21:23:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi, Ive been a lurker here for awhile now and a recent issue with TS3 has caused me to post here. For awhile I've had an issue with seemingly random CTD's that I have recently discovered happen on a zoom. What I mean is, I am in Map View, and a click to zoom to a house (Usually crashes with a house or building.) and more often than not It'll crash me. The problem is, although I've pinpointed the cause, it still happens fairly inconsistently, which has caused me to run out of options without going to extreme trial and error lengths. Therefore I post here wondering if anyone has had this issue, and what the solutions are. If not, what steps should I take to fix this.

I am running with a
Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT 512 MB
Intel 4300 1.8GHz Dual Core
3 GB RAM
Windows XP
Also I am running the latest game patch, latest awesome mod, latest video card drivers and I have a ton of CC.
I have also tried reducing my video settings in-game, but It had no effect.
Any Help is Appreciated, thanks.
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Crash to Desktop on Zoom in?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 September 22, 16:25:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also I am running the latest game patch, latest awesome mod, latest video card drivers and I have a ton of CC.

Did you try to reproduce the issue with CC removed? A theory it could be broken LOD from CC causing crash on zoom.
EHayze
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 September 22, 20:11:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I removed All my CC except Awesome Mod and no crash occurred. Now is there any Alternative to finding the problem CC without a ton of Trial and Error?
DJKID
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009 September 24, 16:47:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Suck it up. It's your fuck-up, if it is CC, man up and fix your own problems.

"Please proceed into Android Hell."
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 September 24, 18:23:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some of the early hairs, especially Peggy ones, had this issue. I'd start with them and binary from that point.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
EHayze
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 September 24, 19:41:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alrighty, looks like I have some work to do. Thanks for your help in resolving this issue.
And on another note:
Suck it up. It's your fuck-up, if it is CC, man up and fix your own problems.
I don't understand the hostility. I never blamed anyone or denied that it was my fault, or asked someone else to fix it for me. I realized this was my issue that I had brought upon myself, and was simply trying to see if there was more than one way to skin a cat.
But anyway, thanks for all the help.
EHayze
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 September 25, 21:39:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One more question before I continue purging. This issue only started recently. So is the issue likely caused by a later-downloaded CC that is Bugged, or an Older CC that is reacting to a newer CC, or both. Any Insight Appreciated.
gotthilf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 September 26, 19:34:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe a stupid question, but I have the same issue. What das "CC" mean?
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 September 26, 20:05:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Custom content -- anything not by EAxis.

Like Fallout 3?
EHayze
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 September 28, 22:38:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Despite all the help that I've received here I cannot seem to solve this problem. I have tried the Indie compatability checker, testing the Installer-items, purging tons of potential problem files and still to no avail. Please if there are any leads that someone can suggest to me, it would be very appreciated.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 September 29, 05:27:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dude. Binary searching is not that hard. Take out half your cc. Does problem persist? Test half that has problem. Half it. Test again. Not hard.

One more question before I continue purging. This issue only started recently. So is the issue likely caused by a later-downloaded CC that is Bugged, or an Older CC that is reacting to a newer CC, or both. Any Insight Appreciated.
We Do not know What you Have And when you Got it, so How could We Know? Also, first words and proper nouns only get capitalized. Others do not. You are becoming annoying.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
EHayze
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 September 29, 21:34:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dude. Binary searching is not that hard. Take out half your cc. Does problem persist? Test half that has problem. Half it. Test again. Not hard.

We Do not know What you Have And when you Got it, so How could We Know? Also, first words and proper nouns only get capitalized. Others do not. You are becoming annoying.

I tried the method you suggested and it seemed to fix the problem. I do not understand why I didn't come up with that solution in the first place. Secondly, forgive me about my last post, I realize the question was pretty much redundant, I suppose the lack of foresight was due to my frustration with dealing with this issue. Lastly, thanks to everyone who helped me fix this, it is much appreciated.
Cathy
Blathering Buffoon

Heavy Sleper

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 October 04, 20:10:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this problem twice and they were due to a bad (new added) file

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: