More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 18:46:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The Sims 3 Exchange downloader thinger
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Sims 3 Exchange downloader thinger  (Read 10763 times)
TranceGeek
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
The Sims 3 Exchange downloader thinger
« on: 2009 October 02, 11:42:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, someone on the board mentioned how you can download sims 3 exchange content by viewing the id of the content, and opening sims3://download/?assetId=[id] where [id] is the id of the content you just viewed. Well iI found this to be pretty slow, therefore, I created a little utility in C# (it isn't dotfuscated or otherwise obfuscated, so anyone who wants to question the safety of the program may open it in reflector Smiley). What it does, is monitors your clipboard, and if it finds text similar to javascript:loginAndDownload('download','1298755','undefined') in your clipboard, it will attempt to take the id (1298755) out of it, and open up sims3://download/?assetId=1298755 Smiley, all without you logging in. It's very simple to use, say you want to download something:

1.) Right-Click on "Add To Game"

2.) Click "Copy Link Location", or "Copy Link Address", or something similar to that.

3.) The utility will automatically grab the link you just copied from the clipboard, and add the object/item/whatever to the sims 3 launcher for download/installation.

IT ONLY WORKS WITH EXCHANGE ITEMS, THIS WILL NOT WORK WITH STORE ITEMS

Link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?xkdmujrnytj

PS: I am not responsible for what you do with this application, I am merely spreading information. YOU are liable for your actions, not me. If someone wants to write a better tutorial, and post it here for the not-so-tech-savvy users, then cool Smiley. If this is in the wrong location, or not allowed, etc, take according action, I simply figured i'd help a few people out Smiley.

Also, I think the appropriate location for this would be awesomeware, but I assume I don't have the ability to post in that section, so if one of the mods wants to move this there, or give me permission to do so, you're more than welcome to.
« Last Edit: 2009 October 02, 12:03:59 by TranceGeek » Logged
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Re: The Sims 3 Exchange downloader thinger
« Reply #1 on: 2009 October 03, 03:10:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First of all, you have one post, you're not Awesome. Awesomeware is for Pescado's official stuff. Everyone else gets to post here.

INFP or something
TranceGeek
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 October 03, 04:21:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First of all, you have one post, you're not Awesome. Awesomeware is for Pescado's official stuff. Everyone else gets to post here.

LOL. OK then, I wasn't sure where this was supposed to go, thus why I said I thought it should go there. That seemed like the place for software. Either way, I guess I put it in the right place. Smiley
karwin
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 October 19, 23:04:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok, I must be doing something wrong...I can't get the items to show up in my download manager.  I followed the instructions, but I cannot figure it out.  I am not exactly a noob with this stuff or with pcs in general, but this is throwing me for a loop.  Any help would be appreciated!!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: