More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 04:47:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Body snatchers
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Body snatchers  (Read 21878 times)
aubreylaraine
Corpulent Cretin

not a morning person

View Profile
Re: Body snatchers
« Reply #25 on: 2008 August 13, 21:36:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

actually, i was going to ask you to offer him up if you made one. but i got here late today.  Tongue i saw cemetary man with an ex and loved it.

opportunity may knock once, but temptation will bang on your door forever.
infj
those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music.
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 August 14, 13:38:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Make-Selectable works. However, DON'T give the tombstone as a gift. This WILL fuck up your game.

Damn, I was looking forward to that. What about taking a sim to an owned community lot that is not owned by his family and placing gravestones there? Will their ghosts still be wrong?

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 August 15, 23:21:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Community lots do not save when visited by someone other than the owner, but you can summon/make-selectable to collect tombstones.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 August 15, 23:45:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

D'oh! Of course you can.  Roll Eyes I'm glad I thought of it.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
haifen
Crapsack
Retarded Reprobate

#hashtag

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 September 30, 00:30:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was thinking, if there's a tombstone on the lot, I could have the sim invite the owner of the cemetery over, make her selectable, and have her put the tombstone in her inventory.  Make her unselectable again and she would walk off with the tombstone in her inventory.  Then when I played the cemetery owner again, she could just plunk the stone down in the cemetery.  Giving the stone as a gift might do the same thing though without all those extra steps and sounds more lulzy.  "I got something for you.  It's grandma."
Make-Selectable works. However, DON'T give the tombstone as a gift. This WILL fuck up your game.

Risking necromancy-related punishment (though regarding the subject it seems approriate  Cheesy ) to ask - is this indeed the safest method of moving tombstones? I've used the search function regarding moving tombstones and have noted many confusing if at times paradoxical posts on whether moving tombstones or how to do so can be a VBT. Has the FOJ's opinion changed any?

16:29   spockers   I fucking hate going to see movies in theaters now.
16:30   spockers   Unless it's a really fancy old-style movie palace type place, but even then some dick will pull out their Appleberry in the middle of the film and start tweeting about wanting Chris Brown to beat them up
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 September 30, 00:39:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The SAFEST way to move a tombstone is to transfer it via the Inventory. This preserves all of its death-related data. It is acceptable to move a tombstone via the "move to community lot" and "move home" features, but doing this results in the loss of the death type. This data can be restored by shift-clicking, but only if you remember what it is. NEVER move a tombstone by giving it with the "Gift" action. This will fuck up your game.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: