More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 13:14:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Housing Problems
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Housing Problems  (Read 3306 times)
Starpoo
Asinine Airhead

Another thing we must NEVAR FORGET!

View Profile
Housing Problems
« on: 2009 October 01, 23:47:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With one problem fixed, comes another.
It would seem that OFB overwrote all the base game houses (Craftsmen Pride, Helluva Hacienda, Cape Cod Classic, etc). I would really, really like these houses back to populate my new neighborhoods. Any ideas?

"There isn't enough neurotoxin to kill you. So I guess you win. HA! I'm making more. Thats going to take a few minutes though. Meanwhile, oh look, it's your old pal the rocket turret." --GLaDOS
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Housing Problems
« Reply #1 on: 2009 October 02, 01:08:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They are in Program Files\ EA GAMES\ The Sims 2\ TSData\ Res\ UserData\ LotCatalog. You just need to copy them to your Documents\ EAGames\ The Sims 2\ Lot Catalog folder, but rename them so that they have the next sequential cx number (or at least a number that is not used, they don't necessarily have to be sequential).
Starpoo
Asinine Airhead

Another thing we must NEVAR FORGET!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 October 02, 01:38:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you could give me an example in case I do it wrong, that would be great. Hope it works.
 ETA: Never mind, it's surprisingly simple. Although now I got rid of the Nightlife houses so now I have to rename those...  Cheesy
EATA: There we go, a simple 10 minute fix! Now I may still have 3 OFB businesses  Roll Eyes, but I have all the houses!
« Last Edit: 2009 October 02, 02:01:01 by Starpoo » Logged

"There isn't enough neurotoxin to kill you. So I guess you win. HA! I'm making more. Thats going to take a few minutes though. Meanwhile, oh look, it's your old pal the rocket turret." --GLaDOS
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 October 02, 02:11:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They are in Program Files\ EA GAMES\ The Sims 2\ TSData\ Res\ UserData\ LotCatalog. You just need to copy them to your Documents\ EAGames\ The Sims 2\ Lot Catalog folder, but rename them so that they have the next sequential cx number (or at least a number that is not used, they don't necessarily have to be sequential).
I'm not sure they even need to be a cx number, I've seen a few which weren't.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 October 02, 10:10:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I don't think I ever even tried that!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: