More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 14:02:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Deleting Town, safe to copy these over? & How to transfer over house?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Deleting Town, safe to copy these over? & How to transfer over house?  (Read 3815 times)
RenegadeSims
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
Deleting Town, safe to copy these over? & How to transfer over house?
« on: 2009 September 29, 19:53:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to restart my town, and I'd just like to make sure I'm doing it right. I'll be pressing that little "Delete Town" button and will be copying over my Saved Sims folder, which contains two Sims I made...is that safe?

I'd also like to save a house I customised and put it into the new town, but I'm not sure how to do this. It's fully furnished and I will move any Sims out beforehand.  I know the house is in my Library somewhere, but there are multiple files in there, none of which are named in any identifiable manner.

I'd really appreciate some assistance since I'm dumb as rocks when it comes to TS3  Cheesy
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
Re: Deleting Town, safe to copy these over? & How to transfer over house?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 September 29, 21:21:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Go to Edit Town. Click on an empty house. Click on notepad option, name it so you can find it. Click on Folder symbol, save to Library, or on "arrow/star" symbol to pack up house for sharing. If the latter, you then can save the file in a safe location and reinstall it whenever you want (for example after a total reformat/reinstall).

You can either save the sims without moving them from the house (then they are packed with the house and everything) - or go to edit sim, click on little button on the lower part of the screen, with three dots (tool tip "More") - same options, save to bin, or share.
Bin and library will not be deleted if you delete a hood, they are shared by all hoods.
RenegadeSims
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009 September 29, 22:04:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much! I deleted the town and the Sims and custom house were still available to the hood.  I had to make sure I was doing it right, so I appreciate the help Smiley

I do have another, unrelated question, if you or anyone else can answer:  When I move in a brand new Sim, they don't start right at the beginning of their current life stage - is that normal?  For example, I moved in a brand new YA and the green bar was already a small portion of the way between YA and Adult...as if she aged 12 days between creating her and moving her in. Is that normal or a glitch?
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 September 29, 22:12:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a "feature" by Eaxis, so called "CAS Age Staggering". See No CAS Age Staggering fix.

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
RenegadeSims
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2009 September 29, 22:48:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*sigh* There EA goes again with their "features". Roll Eyes

Thanks very much to the both of you! Smiley
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 September 30, 00:43:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Warning: That fix will conflict with other aging XMLs, like, say, Rule of 6. While not a part of AwesomeMod, the realistic age scaling will enable AwesomeMod to assign a larger range of permitted CAS starting relationships. And stuff.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 September 30, 21:15:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't use that fix, but I use Absimiliard's Realistic Aging Mod instead of Ruleof6. I see you have much more stuff in the XML than Absimiliard's mod. Can you strip those out and include them in AM?

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: