More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 11:40:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Freetime grow-up Townie and Aspiration, broken?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Freetime grow-up Townie and Aspiration, broken?  (Read 5730 times)
Sunbee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Freetime grow-up Townie and Aspiration, broken?
« on: 2009 September 29, 00:41:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, in a custom hood, I had some playable children grow up.  I had them take their townie friends with them.  (I'm trying to get rid of townie kids at the moment: I wanted them a generation ago for bus buddies, but now there are cousins.)  Two of the townies in question showed up later as 2/3 of a wishing well friends drop for a different playable teen.  I took advantage of their presense on lot to make them selectable and change their clothes and hair.  They still had the grow-up aspiration.  I just redressed them and made them unselectable again and let the playable teen send them on their merry way.

Just how bad is this?  Can I just leave them wandering around wanting to grow up, or do I need to set them with a proper teenage aspiration somehow?  If they really must have a proper aspiration, is there a better way to do it?  I do have SimPE, but I only know how (barely) to use it to make a copy of a sim for safekeeping.  There have been some other odd things happening in this hood--when it was at just two playable families (it's now at four) old Gramps used to bring home a child townie sim from his job as Captain Hero.  The child always appeared at the bottom of the elevator shaft in the foundation and had to be removed by moveobjects.  When one of the kids got him aged up to teen he started appearing on the sidewalk.

So is it just Maxian borkenness or did I screw something up (suspecting the latter)?

Edit: Er, I have Happy Holidays, OFB, Uni, Seasons, FT, AL, Celebration Stuff, and M&G.  I have the Director's Cut; ACR and Triplets/quads and teen/skunk from TwoJeffs; a ton of Inge's hacks; Lot Full Of Sims; and several others that I think are all object based, not global.  I could be wrong, and I wouldn't be surprised to hear my pants don't fit.
« Last Edit: 2009 September 29, 00:51:01 by Sunbee » Logged
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
Re: Freetime grow-up Townie and Aspiration, broken?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 September 29, 00:53:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think it's absolutely necessary to give this aged-up townie teens a real aspiration, but if you do want to you can use the aspiration-changer-thingamabob from Nightlife, after making them selectable.

IIRC, the bringing-home-6s-from-work thing was a known FT bug.  It's probably fixed either in an official patch, or an Awesome hack.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 September 29, 07:14:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

twojeffs' sim blender has an easy way to change a sim's aspiration ingame. It's also very easy to do in SimPE, easier than cloning a sim. It's one of the first tabs on the panel at the bottom of the screen after you've selected the sim. Simply change the aspiration in the drop-down box and click commit. Easy and safe.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 September 29, 07:25:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Growing up a townie this way will break their aspiration, yes. So, uh, don't do that.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 September 29, 22:52:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it only a VBT for the child>teen transition, because of picking aspirations, or is it bad to make an adult go up to elder as well?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 September 30, 00:20:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it only a VBT for the child>teen transition, because of picking aspirations, or is it bad to make an adult go up to elder as well?
Child->teen, due to the aspiration issue, although it is clear that the age-up process may be a bit defective in other ways, too.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sunbee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 September 30, 04:03:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks all.

Is it better to use SimPE or is it safe to use the set aspiration feature I get with testing cheats enabled with a shift-click on the sim?  Or can I use Rufio's suggestion safely?  I have that aspiration-changer thing even though I don't have Nightlife: it showed up when I installed Freetime.  Is it a VBT if I don't fix these teens?

Is there a good way to grow up townie brats?  It is safe to send a townie teen to college, right?  Or is that broken, too?
I have the Director's Cut and I make sure I upgrade it when I get a new expansion (well, not any more) or when jsalami posts something about an update.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2009 September 30, 23:32:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is safe to send a townie teen to college, right?  Or is that broken, too?

I've been sending townie teens to college since I first got University, and it hasn't broken anything yet.  They do become playable sims, though, so you'd have to turn them back into townies with a teleporter if you don't want to have to play 7 million fugly townie sims until they die.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

ritaxis
Blathering Buffoon

not nice

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 October 02, 04:44:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just because it's playable doesn't mean you have to play it,necessarily. . .
Sunbee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 October 02, 15:51:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only way they get to go to college is if they're an intended spouse for a playable, in which case I don't mind playing them.  I have Amber Diceless' custom face replacements, so that limits the whole playing ugly sims thing.  Lazy, filthy sims, though . . .
Tarlia, thanks for the instructions.  I got the bunch cleaned up.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: