More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:47:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Is this possible: "Portable" Guitar for Sims 2? Edible Fruit?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is this possible: "Portable" Guitar for Sims 2? Edible Fruit?  (Read 9543 times)
RenegadeSims
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
Is this possible: "Portable" Guitar for Sims 2? Edible Fruit?
« on: 2009 September 26, 15:06:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Except, instead of interacting with the item directly from Inventory (as you can in Sims 3), you can just click on your Sim and get the options: "Play Guitar" and "Play Guitar for Tips".  Basically, it could work like the Cellphone or MP3 player, where you click your Sim to get the options; instead, a guitar appears in your Sim's hands and they start playing wherever they are.

As for edible fruit (not veggies, just fruit is good enough), would it be possible to create something in TS2 where you could click on your Sim and pick "Eat Apple" and they eat it? OR at least something that enables your Sim to eat fruit that has been removed from the inventory and placed on a counter or floor?

I'm still not used to Sims 3, but I'd love to see certain features made for Sims 2...if stuff like the above are even possible. And if people still make mod-type things for TS2 :p
« Last Edit: 2009 September 26, 15:47:05 by RenegadeSims » Logged
Monty
Asinine Airhead

I will make them love me.

View Profile WWW
Re: Is this possible: "Portable" Guitar for Sims 2? Edible Fruit?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 October 12, 16:19:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure it is possible with some animation recycling and the related items being edited. I'm sure if anyone can think of any other items it could be applied to, it could be compiled into a supah-mod of inventory interactions. I dunno, maybe shit like a banana phone.
RenegadeSims
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009 October 13, 13:29:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a better way to phrase it: inventory interactions. If it's possible for TS2, it could really improve things. To me, TS3 isn't anything amazing, but some functions just make more sense: using/eating items from the inventory just by clicking on them, and being able to call a Sim by clicking their face in the Relationships panel.

If that couldn't work, it wouldn't be so bad settling for the "next best thing" (assuming choice #2 is also possible) which would involve clicking on your Sim to get the interactions, as long as the item is in their inventory.

But again, with TS2 slowly dying (?) would anyone even be interested in attempting such a project at this point?
Gwenke
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 October 19, 11:00:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for edible fruit and veggies, PCSims/SimModBoard had fruits and veggies extracted from the game. They are now available at sims2graveyard.com. IIRC these worked like real food, had single portions and group meals, sims would sit down and eat them.
If this is what you meant.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 October 19, 11:18:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's entirely possible to create launched-from-inventory behaviors, but they tend to require some kind of launch controller, and if you get too many such items, there will be a lot of invisible launch controller clogging up your game. The real difficulty tends to be in the animation of such a thing. And in making me care enough to want to dig out my Sims 2 notes again. Something like "edible fruit" and "portable guitars" just really doesn't inspire me. If anything, "leave the damn guitars alone" is the present mode of thinking.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
GelatinousSubstance
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 October 19, 17:45:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can send your sim to a community lot that already has a guitar on it.

As for the food: there's really nothing that calls for it. In TS3, your sim can wander quite far from any/all lots - it makes sense to have edible fruits and vegetables.

In the Sims 2, you're locked into a lot that you can't wander from. A BBQ or small restaurant or buffet table is enough to suffice.

I can see the appeal, but it's not really necessary.

Doctor: "He was lucky... He was shot in the 90% of the brain that he wasn't using..."

There is no shame in not being ashamed.
RenegadeSims
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2009 October 21, 19:52:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's true, the only real benefit would be convenience, and possibly preventing a starving death for Sims who are on a community lot without amenities.

Quote from: Pescado
Something like "edible fruit" and "portable guitars" just really doesn't inspire me. If anything, "leave the damn guitars alone" is the present mode of thinking.
Hehe, it's annoying enough in Sims 3 when people randomly pull out guitars and start playing.  My only real curiosity was if it was even possible to interact with inventory items - mainly foods.  And, of course, being able to call (Telephone, Invite Over, Call Over) a Sim by clicking their face in the relationship panel.  Would that also require spawning invisible controllers, or is that totally different from inventory interactions?  Then again, "click face to call Sim" might be equally uninspiring.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 October 21, 20:54:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for the food: there's really nothing that calls for it. In TS3, your sim can wander quite far from any/all lots - it makes sense to have edible fruits and vegetables.

In the Sims 2, you're locked into a lot that you can't wander from. A BBQ or small restaurant or buffet table is enough to suffice.

If you use macrotastics, it already has the option for sims to eat out of their inventory.  Even on comm lots, where you don't normally have access to it.  One of my sims runs a takeout business, where visiting playables can buy food and go off to picnic with it.  The only inconvenience is that you can't choose among multiple items in the inventory.  Macrotastics will choose an appropriate food from all the inventories available to your group.
GelatinousSubstance
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 October 21, 23:20:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you use macrotastics, it already has the option for sims to eat out of their inventory.  Even on comm lots, where you don't normally have access to it.  One of my sims runs a takeout business, where visiting playables can buy food and go off to picnic with it.  The only inconvenience is that you can't choose among multiple items in the inventory.  Macrotastics will choose an appropriate food from all the inventories available to your group.

I didn't know that. I use Macrostatics mainly for homework and other related household chores. Would I be correct in assuming that there must be prepared foods in the inventory as opposed to harvested fruits and vegetables?

I will have to try this next time I send my Sims out. But first, I must finish watching the fourth season of Criminal Minds.

Doctor: "He was lucky... He was shot in the 90% of the brain that he wasn't using..."

There is no shame in not being ashamed.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 October 22, 17:39:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're correct -- harvested fruits and vegetables haven't been hacked by anyone in TS2 to be edible, I don't think.  I'd rather have pick-your-own orchards instead of the takeout business, if I knew of a hack to make it possible.  The option is Macro... Eat.  It's available to children too, and will properly use and stow serving platters as well as single plates.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 October 29, 15:28:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The option is Macro... Eat.  It's available to children too, and will properly use and stow serving platters as well as single plates.

Late to the party, but anyway - how do you manage to get the Macro... Eat option on non-owned community lots? I've tried, but in spite of having several "lunch bags" in the sims' inventories, the option just wouldn't show up. Is it dependent on the macrotastics version (I have the one from the BV director's cut), or am I just doing it wrong?

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 October 29, 20:34:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure JMP only maintains one version of macrotastics suitable for all EPs after OFB at least.  FYI, there is another poster who's having trouble with getting macro-eat to appear for children over in the Armory, if that makes you feel better.

I don't know what I might be doing differently, but I have no problem getting it to work on comm lots, owned or not.  My sims regularly pack their own food for all their excursions up to 5-day family vacations to the Far East.  Have you had success getting them to macro-eat from their inventories at home or at owned comm lots?
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 October 29, 21:10:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you had success getting them to macro-eat from their inventories at home or at owned comm lots?

Yes, my sims only macro-eat when at home or business lots. I remember the post about not being able to macro-feed kids, but I've never had a problem with that, either.

Hm, strange. Maybe they just weren't hungry enough for the stuff they carried around. The next time I'll try lunchmeat sandwiches and a nearly starved sim - seeing that J.M. hates to waste food Wink. Now that I know that there's just one version, I can investigate further.

It's not soo important, because usually, I let sims stay at community lots until they nearly keel over and then send them back home to let the macros take care of them. But it would be nice for YAs that spend days on downtown lots to make money and friends.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: