More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 12:08:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  New AwesomeMod Request Thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New AwesomeMod Request Thread  (Read 127737 times)
Absimiliard
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: New AwesomeMod Request Thread
« Reply #225 on: 2009 October 27, 17:17:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know when the price of a lot is calculated, but it would be really handy if when placing residential lots from the library in Edit Town mode that the price for the lot would be indicated before placement. I have my suspicions that this may not be easily implemented as the price doesn't appear until after the lot is placed normally.
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2009 October 28, 09:17:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess that EA wanted the calculations to happen when you place the lot, cause certain lots have different values. Also with the ability to place small lots to larger lots, then it is safer to caculate after placement.

It is annoying not knowing the price of a house only, maybe they didn't want to code that.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Anonym
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2009 October 29, 22:04:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, I have an idea. I like AwesomeMod for story driver, that is getting better and better but sometimes when I switch for sim from other family, I see that he has as many "happiness points" (? that is the right name? Don't know beacuse I have Polish language version) to get some rewards such as free restaurant or or others that makes their needs decay lower. But they didn't do anything with these points. My idea is, mod could check if this happiness points is at least for first available reward (for begining, it's 5000) and get it for the sim. It is not matter what this reward is (except rewards that give some objects for a sim, for example, teleport or food replicator). That could make other sims life better. How about that? (If I'm clear...).

The problem there is that if I play a sim at all, I want to be the one to spend those points.

I switch from one household to another a lot.  It's true that there are sims I never play that don't get to spend those points, but even then if I don't plan to play a sim I use the "lifetimehappiness" cheat right after creation to give him or her 50,000 and then spend it as I feel is appropriate for the character.
Fifth LMNt
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2009 October 30, 00:47:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If at all possible, please please please fix it so that if Overstuffed Houses is enabled, sims can still have twins/triplets after there are 8 people in the household.  Right now, you can only have single births no matter what after you hit the 8.

Better yet, a tool like the Sims 2 Twins/Triplets/Quads mod where you can choose how many babies you want with each birth.  Thanks crazy much in advance for either!!
« Last Edit: 2009 October 30, 02:33:40 by Fifth LMNt » Logged
Nightwish
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2009 October 30, 00:56:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem there is that if I play a sim at all, I want to be the one to spend those points.

I switch from one household to another a lot.  It's true that there are sims I never play that don't get to spend those points, but even then if I don't plan to play a sim I use the "lifetimehappiness" cheat right after creation to give him or her 50,000 and then spend it as I feel is appropriate for the character.

That's why this should be an option that you could turn on/off in aweconf.package Well for example you don't want to sims not from your household spend this points. But I want them to do that and I don't use cheats. I think there's a lot of players like me and a lot of players like you and it is sure that this should be able to turn on/off.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2009 October 30, 12:36:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's why this should be an option that you could turn on/off in aweconf.package Well for example you don't want to sims not from your household spend this points. But I want them to do that and I don't use cheats. I think there's a lot of players like me and a lot of players like you and it is sure that this should be able to turn on/off.

But what's the point? 

I understand what your asking for and about it being switchable for different playing styles, I just don't understand the point to it.

If you never play the sims, why does it matter if they spend their points or not, as you won't see any benefit, or affect, and if you do play them, wouldn't it be better to give them the things you want them to have?

Plus it always takes my non-playing sims forever to reach anything worth spending, usually when I jump in to tweak them a little, to run my storylines for what I want them to be doing, they tend to have maybe 5,000 points, if they are lucky.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Nightwish
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2009 October 30, 20:12:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[...]

If you never play the sims, why does it matter if they spend their points or not, as you won't see any benefit, or affect, and if you do play them, wouldn't it be better to give them the things you want them to have?

Well, I want them to have such rewards that make them less hungry or not so often to go wash themselve or go to WC and so on. Sometimes I switch to other sims for check how much points they earn and spend it for this rewards for them. They are part of my city, of my environment and for example when I flirt someone, then this flirt could have most chances to success if this sim is more happy and could be more happy if he is not hungry and is clean and so on. You're think is pointless... Well, then you do not turn this option on in aweconf, but I do. Then I don't need to switch to other families to spend their points, it could do automatically.

Anyway, I think such options is for turn it on/off just once and leave. Not for turn it on when I want to and turn it off for the next game run.

Plus it always takes my non-playing sims forever to reach anything worth spending, usually when I jump in to tweak them a little, to run my storylines for what I want them to be doing, they tend to have maybe 5,000 points, if they are lucky.

In my case, they sometimes even have over 40,000 points by completing their lifetime target! Really! Awesomemod make them to do that (don't know how, but this is happen)! And I glad this is happen. Then I could ask, what for they complete lifetime target, when they can't spend points earned by complete this target?
« Last Edit: 2009 October 31, 01:39:22 by Nightwish » Logged
caterpillar
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2009 October 31, 13:34:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nightwish, a lot of the rewards are pointless, especially at the lower point levels. If unplayed Sims purchased rewards every time they accrued enough points for one, they'd end up using them on the stupid rewards before they accrued enough for the 'hardly hungry' reward you want them to have.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: 2009 October 31, 14:10:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did I ever get round to requesting something that would stop parents going into their teen's bedroom to use his desk?   Can we have something in AM that detects if there is a bed in the room and makes all the stuff in it unattractive to anyone but the owner of a bed in the room?   Ie so the other sims will use it if there is no other option, but otherwise will favour an object not in that other person's bedroom?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2009 October 31, 17:22:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did I ever get round to requesting something that would stop parents going into their teen's bedroom to use his desk?   Can we have something in AM that detects if there is a bed in the room and makes all the stuff in it unattractive to anyone but the owner of a bed in the room?   Ie so the other sims will use it if there is no other option, but otherwise will favour an object not in that other person's bedroom?

I second that request. I've wanted something like assignable desks for a long time.
alttbm
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2009 November 01, 19:20:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

'constrainfloorelevation false' by default
im having issues and need to turn it on before loading but i always forget
Aqua
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2009 November 01, 19:34:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible to make a restriction for romances in storymode so that young people are not going to have a romance with a elders?
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2009 November 01, 20:36:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to request that somebody provide me with the knowledge of which part of awesomemod or awseomeconfig I need to edit in order to make the steel bladder work as originally designed. I like the tweaks made to the other stat perks but not that one.

I've had a look through both files with S3PE but can't seem to find the bit that relates to them.

Any help would be much appreciated.
NyxSixtyOne
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2009 November 02, 02:56:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to have the "all the food, all the time" come with an enable/disable function in the configuration tool? It would seem that I'm some kind of a dork who wants their sims to have lobster thermidor for supper, not 24/7.
DigiGekko
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2009 November 02, 03:05:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't know if this is possible or more in the xml tuning category instead, but anyway to implement something that stops people from trying to stuff their faces when food is already being prepared via the "serve lunch/dinner/whatever" command? Mom's trying to make you some some mac 'n cheese, you little brat, stop trying to get fat on ice cream.
Malapietra
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 2009 November 02, 04:43:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A Fertilize All button MUST be implemented to the game where all you have to do is select an item in your inventory and that item will be used to Fertilize all your plants.  As it is now, you have to manually select each individual plant to check if it needs fertilizing as it isn't always clear on some plants that cover the dirt around it. 

I imagine something like this would have been requested long ago and would have been in the game by now but it doesn't hurt to ask.  Can this be done, Pes?
DaSpecialone
Blathering Buffoon

Adoring Cuddlebunnie

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2009 November 02, 13:27:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ditto. That was one of my first suggestions during game trials in May/June: add fertilize all  & (not as necessary) but also talk to all. The ability to hire a gardener would be a huge plus as well.

Currently I'm playing a sim who has the"Heartbreaker" lifetime wish--meaning she wants to be the girlfriend of 10 different sims. I'm finding it a little tedious that she apparently has to breakup with one partner before becoming the girlfriend of the other i.e., apparently the option to propose doesn't appear. Her relationships are doing just fine so for a more realistic storyline she'd be ok until (or unless) she was caught. It is a time consuming ltw but she is doing quite well (self-employed) as a gardener which keeps her free to pursue romantic interests.

Of course in TS2 you could be engaged to more than one person at a time (just pray they never cross paths) so I'm wondering if this can be adjusted in this game.

Sims by Dasi:

Rose McGowan  Shannon Tweed

INTJ
Nightwish
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2009 November 02, 22:00:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nightwish, a lot of the rewards are pointless, especially at the lower point levels. If unplayed Sims purchased rewards every time they accrued enough points for one, they'd end up using them on the stupid rewards before they accrued enough for the 'hardly hungry' reward you want them to have.

Yes, I agree. I saw that issue some time after post that request. But it is not a problem... mod could "buy" only those rewards, that has an effect for other sims. Specially "hardly hungry", "cleany" (again don't know what it's name in english language version of the game, it makes sim rarely getting dirty and keep them clean more time) and "steel bladder" rewards.

By the way... very often I noticed that other sims on community lots standing, doing nothing for many sim hours and finally fall on the ground and sleep beacuse of out of energy. There is a lot of bench (for example in park), why they didn't return to their home or didn't get sleep on bench? They sometimes sleep on bench or return to home but very very rarely.
Yes, I have the latest version of AM and have set free will at max Wink
Tingeling
Malodorous Moron

- Big Cat AIDE - and proud of it!

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2009 November 02, 22:09:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ditto. That was one of my first suggestions during game trials in May/June: add fertilize all  & (not as necessary) but also talk to all. The ability to hire a gardener would be a huge plus as well.

I'd second this. It is annoying that you can harvest all plants but not fertilize all. It would be a good thing if the sim were only allowed to use the stack of fertilizers you tell them to use, so they won't take the life fruits etc.

Currently I'm playing a sim who has the"Heartbreaker" lifetime wish--meaning she wants to be the girlfriend of 10 different sims. I'm finding it a little tedious that she apparently has to breakup with one partner before becoming the girlfriend of the other i.e., apparently the option to propose doesn't appear. Her relationships are doing just fine so for a more realistic storyline she'd be ok until (or unless) she was caught. It is a time consuming ltw but she is doing quite well (self-employed) as a gardener which keeps her free to pursue romantic interests.

Of course in TS2 you could be engaged to more than one person at a time (just pray they never cross paths) so I'm wondering if this can be adjusted in this game.

This is the reason I haven't played many romance sims in the sims 3. If people can lie and have multiple partners at the same time, why can't the sims?

I would like to chime in with the NPC sims not actively engaging in activities. Mine have been acting like robots for quite some time now. Some stand still for hours on end, not doing anything. Is this a setting problem within the game or a fluke?

- INTJ -
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2009 November 03, 00:37:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to add gaining athletic skills/fitness when dancing?

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2009 November 03, 01:14:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ditto. That was one of my first suggestions during game trials in May/June: add fertilize all  & (not as necessary) but also talk to all. The ability to hire a gardener would be a huge plus as well.

I agree with this, and I was surprised not to be able to hire a gardener, maybe EAxis will add one in a future EP.

But if she doesn't break-up with them, how can she be a hearbreaker?  having multiple secret relationships doesn't break anyones heart, at least not until the secret is revealed.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #246 on: 2009 November 03, 01:18:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I agree. I saw that issue some time after post that request. But it is not a problem... mod could "buy" only those rewards, that has an effect for other sims. Specially "hardly hungry", "cleany" (again don't know what it's name in english language version of the game, it makes sim rarely getting dirty and keep them clean more time) and "steel bladder" rewards.

By the way... very often I noticed that other sims on community lots standing, doing nothing for many sim hours and finally fall on the ground and sleep beacuse of out of energy. There is a lot of bench (for example in park), why they didn't return to their home or didn't get sleep on bench? They sometimes sleep on bench or return to home but very very rarely.
Yes, I have the latest version of AM and have set free will at max Wink

Why don't you just go through and use the 'lifetimehappiness' cheat on every sim your sims interact with and give them those 3 rewards if you want them so badly? Turn on 'no stalker swarm' and the idiots won't all flock to where ever your sims all with low motives all the time either. OR, if you don't want to use debugging cheats to 'fix' everyone who is wetting themselves or passing out, get a moodlet manager and use that on everyone your sims interact with.

@Lion, that may be impractical because the sims are gaining an invisible 'dancing' skill while dancing.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
DaSpecialone
Blathering Buffoon

Adoring Cuddlebunnie

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 2009 November 03, 05:16:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But if she doesn't break-up with them, how can she be a hearbreaker?  having multiple secret relationships doesn't break anyones heart, at least not until the secret is revealed.

Actually "Romance or Cassanova" Sim would be a better name than heartbreaker.  Their stated goal is to have as many (set number of) partners as girlfriends/boyfriends not to break hearts.  So realistically how smooth/lucky they are would determine whether or not they get caught.

The amount of times they have breakups would only be relevant if their true goal was to reel them in with romance and then breakup with them: i.e., have "breakup with 15 sims" as a goal.  This is an idea for an added LTW mod those who might want that type of game goal but not my request.  Seems to me this would bring evil sims a great deal of satisfaction.

I prefer the Romance LTW (heartbreaker as it is currently) for the game lutz so I'd just rather have the propose option unblocked for the joy of seeing how long they can get away with it.  My suggestion is to have that block removed.

I'm wondering if it makes married sims unavailable as well.  In TS2 Don Lothario was engaged to many sims and he still held those symbols after they had married other sims.  Might have been weird, but it was funny seeing a pregnant woman married to someone else smacking Don.  It seemed to depend on the sims because Don didn't really ever express jealousy and all sims that had moved on from him didn't react that way, so it did have a touch of realism without being overdone.

If that could be transferred to this game in some way it would make for more interesting play.

Sims by Dasi:

Rose McGowan  Shannon Tweed

INTJ
mhavril
Asinine Airhead

I told you so.

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 2009 November 03, 06:09:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it at all be possible to incorporate a tool that allows you to set the number of days a sim is into his/her lifestage? It's not too big of a deal, but sometimes I have two siblings in the same lifestage whose ages have been staggered by CAS, except I want them to be twins, or the older one to be the younger, etc.

Thanks!
knowfuling
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 2009 November 03, 12:15:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can  you make more realistic plants habitat? It is possible to make plants in pots to dry out and die ? It is possible to water them, for more realism? Smiley
Thank you!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: