More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 10:56:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  New AwesomeMod Request Thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New AwesomeMod Request Thread  (Read 128418 times)
cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
Re: New AwesomeMod Request Thread
« Reply #175 on: 2009 October 14, 13:59:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, I would like number boxes added for the sliders in CAS.  Thank you!

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
MRice
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2009 October 14, 18:53:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having a body slider which could change the hip and waist sizes would be great. Another trait to consider may be:

Town Bike: Positive moodlet from conquest without commitment, where a sim need not develop a love relationship with the target in order to be overly promiscuous.
 This trait would be copacetic with the flirty trait.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2009 October 14, 20:52:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The trait existed, presumably as the "Wanton" trait, but was cut and there are no string resources associated with it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
iii
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2009 October 15, 05:50:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From doing~
Tutorial:Sims 3 XML Tuning Modding
, I found that child cannot learn athletic skill is a hard-coded "feature". In addition, from discovering the configuration~
AthleticAutoSelect
, I found that the Awesome Mod also modify related thing of athletic skill.
Therefore, I have the humble request that the Awesome Mod will remove that hard-coded "feature".
charcharmm
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2009 October 15, 06:02:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a request but I'm not sure if it belongs to awesome category. My sim has 3 sets of everyday attire, 3 sets formal etc. Is it possible to make him randomly choose 1 set of everyday attire when changing clothes, instead of me telling him which every set to wear? Thanks
ramseyazad
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2009 October 15, 14:17:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Barring a functioning autosave with a pause, I'd love to see a confirm button before it autosaves.  As it is, if I leave the sims on pause for while and go do something else, as soon as I un-pause, autosave kicks in, and my work break becomes sitting for 5 minutes watching the save instead of trying to convince my teen and child sims to stop milling around the entrance to the school and fracking start learning already. 
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2009 October 16, 07:02:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know this has been requested before, but I thought I'd do so too. I'd like it if sims that are "dating" through awesomestory would occasionally conceive. As it is, I'm very happy with how well married couples seem to be conceiving, but I think it would be fun for the sims who are just dating or, in some cases, having affairs, to conceive children out of wedlock.
On a related note, I'd love to have that risky woo-hoo people keep clamoring for.

INTP.
Fribble
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2009 October 16, 14:38:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Risky woo-hoo?
As in birth control is 99.9% effective, Congratulations! You just became part of the .1% type risky?
rith
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2009 October 16, 16:13:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Risky woo-hoo?
As in birth control is 99.9% effective, Congratulations! You just became part of the .1% type risky?

Actually, no. Not every birth control method is 99,9% effective. Smiley That's why I'm all for risky woo-hoo, but based on sim's traits. For example:

- Stupid sim would probably use one of the less efective methods or would use an effective method in an ineffective way
- Unlucky sim sometimes would just fall into mentioned .1% Smiley
- Hopeless romantic, absent-minded, family oriented or daredevil sim would once in a while use no birth control at all, every trait for its own reason

I can't think of more traits which may have an influence over birth control usage right now, but I think there may be more of it. Smiley
shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2009 October 16, 21:05:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Daredevil - likes to take chances  Grin
rosenshyne
Dimwitted Dunce

I/ENFJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: 2009 October 16, 23:07:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lucky - Negates Risky Woohoo Completely.
Hopeless Romantic - Higher chance of pregnancy.
Technophobe - Would only use rhythm method.
Frugal - Wouldn't spend money on birth control.
Party Animal - Too drunk to care, if woman has trait there is an increased chance that the baby is born Dumb.

Risky Woohoo based on traits needs to be created, stat.

BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: 2009 October 17, 00:09:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Frugal - Wouldn't spend money on birth control.

Spawn are way more expensive than birth control.  But considering the way the frugal trait is mishandled, it would work with the shortsighted, penny-wise, pound-foolish way that the game handles frugal sims.  (For instance, why would a frugal sim be happy at getting a discount on a charisma class, when the mirror at the gym is free?  Why rejoice over a discount on a book, when that same book is at the library?)

steelstonez
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2009 October 17, 00:17:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright. Maybe I missed this somewhere but I'm going to ask anyway. Is anyone working on Miscarriage MOD?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2009 October 17, 01:19:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

None of these suggestions are in demand (read: I don't demand them), so they're not going to happen. There's simply no point to them, and besides, you'd whine that I didn't turn your sims into whiny, cutting emos over it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2009 October 17, 11:42:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's simply no point to them, and besides, you'd whine that I didn't turn your sims into whiny, cutting emos over it.
You made my day!
Fribble
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2009 October 17, 16:02:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's simply no point to them, and besides, you'd whine that I didn't turn your sims into whiny, cutting emos over it.
Perhaps not, but the idea of different birth control failures for the different traits has had me giggling all morning. Then again I seem to be easily amused.
Enelen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2009 October 17, 17:27:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of whiny, cutting emos: would it be possible to get a negative moodlet for cancelling granted wishes? It's still disgustingly easy to keep them in the bubble, and this is somewhat realistic. Maybe add some permanent depression if they couldn't achieve their lifetime wishes by the time they turn elders...
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2009 October 18, 05:03:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone working on Miscarriage MOD?
I hope not.  Miscarriage was so innacurately represented in TS2 mods (dancing caused miscarrages, I mean WTF?), I shudder to think someone would make an equivalet mod for TS3.  In reality more than 80% of miscarriages aren't caused by anothing other than random chance.

While we're at it, can we have the rape mod back?   Roll Eyes

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2009 October 18, 07:35:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found that child cannot learn athletic skill is a hard-coded "feature". In addition, from discovering the configuration~
AthleticAutoSelect
, I found that the Awesome Mod also modify related thing of athletic skill.
Therefore, I have the humble request that the Awesome Mod will remove that hard-coded "feature".
I believe that the inability to learn Athletic skill is set in the XML, and then in the interactions that enable it, which are age-locked. They are not hardcoded functionalities, merely functionalities that have to be unlocked in multiple places, all XML.

Enelen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2009 October 18, 08:44:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While we're at it, can we have the rape mod back?   Roll Eyes

The what? I don't believe that was Pescado's.

Anyway, playing evil sims (and heartbreakers, as I recently found out) isn't fun at all, unless someone manages to make the relationship meter two-way, like in TS2. But that's something only EA can do, right? This is actually the second on my list of the "most annoying things in TS3" - the first one was recently eliminated by AM, I believe - the 8 displayed sims limit.

edit: I hate those keyboard shortcuts - sent early.
« Last Edit: 2009 October 18, 08:50:46 by Enelen » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2009 October 18, 09:25:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope not.  Miscarriage was so innacurately represented in TS2 mods (dancing caused miscarrages, I mean WTF?), I shudder to think someone would make an equivalet mod for TS3.  In reality more than 80% of miscarriages aren't caused by anothing other than random chance.
Most of the time, miscarriages are caused simply because the resulting fetus is so badly malformed that it fails to survive. External circumstances don't typically CAUSE them, nor does merely being comfortable. You pretty much have to be Falcon Punched for a miscarriage which wouldn't otherwise have happened anyway to happen.

iii
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2009 October 18, 19:41:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe that the inability to learn Athletic skill is set in the XML, and then in the interactions that enable it, which are age-locked. They are not hardcoded functionalities, merely functionalities that have to be unlocked in multiple places, all XML.
But if the inability for child to learn the athletic skill was set in XML, then why NO "children can learn athletic skill" mod can be found in the Internet? I think you have the expertise to unlock the restriction, so I post that request. Of course, you have the freedom to or not to complete my request...
Absimiliard
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2009 October 18, 23:24:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've made a request along this line before and I've seen many others. I'm going to try and flesh out my case for better pregnancy/population options.

I very much like the core foundation that awesomemod does not allow magic happenings. I have actually seen solutions to some of my concerns in other story mode mods, but I refuse to allow spontaneous happenings. Awesomemod does not really allow for a realistic or sensible approach to reproduction. In my mind the NPC sim population should be normal, that is they should have realistic and familiar patterns with their choices. Awesomemod made them for work (boss caps, no free skills, advancement based on merit) why not for procreation. The problems with population control as I see them are as follows:

Problem 1: Sims will not/cannot become impregnated by accident or without particular furniture.

I like the idea of shotgun weddings or of a young couple getting pregnant when it was not intended. This happens in the real world (more than half of my friends have a sibling who wasn't planned). I appreciate that safe sex can be pretty much a guarantee, but sometimes people think they can (and often do) get away with the rhythm method or some such.

The crib requirement to actually have children requires a lot of set up, and even if you don't want every couple to have the option to procreate story mode boots people out of their houses to allow someone who randomly decided they did want to breed and now they need your house. The musical houses that occurs in a normal half cribbed town is strange to say the least.

I also like the idea of dead-beat dads after one of those Rabbit-Hole romances.

Problem 2: The fact that sims will try to breed at random occurrences regardless of current family size/age.

This is the one that really kills me. Ancient sims with children out the wazoo deciding to go for another child. Watching sims in their sim 50s get pregnant with her 12th child after her eldest already have teenagers of their own is unsettling (not impossible, but should this be the norm?). The only current solution I can think of is making all old Sims sacred, because removing their cribs just has them relocate some young couple when they decide it's time to get busy.

Problem 3: May/December Romances

They happen often enough IRL. But the constant pairing of YAs to elders (or even Adults) when their are sims available in their age group is also disquieting. It is almost the norm for a sim to graduate high school and end up with some ancient sim and starts making babies, (or supplanting some sim who has cribs and then making babies). Again this is possible, but not normal.

Proposed Solutions:
1) Introduce an average family size limit. This would be the default that most sims would aspire for, say around 1.5 for North America. This could be modified by traits (more for Family Oriented, less for Dislikes children). If you want to get clever, maybe use a calculation based on probabilities so that it is still possible that a couple would try out side of the average. Of course there are families that have many offspring IRL, but they are not the norm (ie not NPCs) If you want 25 kids into your 50s, play the family manually.
2) reduce the fertility for Adult sims, even if a 40+ person wants a baby the chances should be reduced. This is biology.
3) Introduce an integer value in the config for unplanned pregnancies (default 0%) - (more valid than a NPCWorkUniformRemovalChance value in my mind)
4) Introduce some form of age affinity. Either a configurable value for "Sims won't date X years away from their own age" or some method that would make the romance interaction less potent (so there would be a preference for those more proximate in age).

With these items in place the oft maligned crib requirement could be removed via an option in the config as well.

I can't imagine how frustrating it is to work as hard as you do only to get these kinds of posts. But these items do seem to come up. I am in perfect agreement with your desire to have actions and consequences without magic relationship advancements. But the current system does not seem real (even for a silly game with computer dolls) or very flexible.

I think these changes (or anything along these lines) are in the spirit of awesomemod as they aren't strange (male pregnancy), or frivolous (random outfits). Awesomemod made the game playable but every town I have ends up goofy with aunts and uncles 10+ years older than their nieces/nephews. Parents of now married chosen sims moving out only to start up a new family (or optionally sitting on their duff chosen but neglected).

I don't want to start using other story modes that magically announce repercussions from imaginary events.

Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Buckets
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2009 October 19, 00:02:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My request is to add death notifications to the InformOnStoryAction debug feature.  I love all the current notifications, especially romances and moving.  And now I have birth notifications from Buzzler's Birth Control Mirror.  I'm just missing being able to know about and click to watch neighbourhood deaths.
« Last Edit: 2009 October 19, 00:21:00 by Buckets » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 2009 October 19, 03:09:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Problem 1: Sims will not/cannot become impregnated by accident or without particular furniture.
That is just how it is in the game. The system is designed to follow the rules of the game as we know them.

I like the idea of shotgun weddings or of a young couple getting pregnant when it was not intended. This happens in the real world (more than half of my friends have a sibling who wasn't planned). I appreciate that safe sex can be pretty much a guarantee, but sometimes people think they can (and often do) get away with the rhythm method or some such.
There isn't any such event in the game. When people make shotguns, we will talk.

The crib requirement to actually have children requires a lot of set up, and even if you don't want every couple to have the option to procreate story mode boots people out of their houses to allow someone who randomly decided they did want to breed and now they need your house. The musical houses that occurs in a normal half cribbed town is strange to say the least.
Yeah, we'll look into the musical housing thing, perhaps attaching a drain to it so that it is less likely to occur back and forth.

I also like the idea of dead-beat dads after one of those Rabbit-Hole romances.
I haven't worked out new death types yet. When that happens, we can have more killing and eating.

Problem 2: The fact that sims will try to breed at random occurrences regardless of current family size/age.
Well, it's not quite random. It depends on funding and capacity. There is actually a rule which prevents this: The first two (replacement) kids have no fund requirement, each additional one requires that the fambly have sufficient fambly funds to kick them out into another house later.

This is the one that really kills me. Ancient sims with children out the wazoo deciding to go for another child. Watching sims in their sim 50s get pregnant with her 12th child after her eldest already have teenagers of their own is unsettling (not impossible, but should this be the norm?). The only current solution I can think of is making all old Sims sacred, because removing their cribs just has them relocate some young couple when they decide it's time to get busy.
I haven't actually seen this particular case, although I will consider adding some more clamps. At this point, though, the list of clamp conditions is becoming rather bloated.

Problem 3: May/December Romances
This isn't a PROBLEM. Throughout much of history, this was considered the NORM. Furthermore, based on the vast age ranges in the game and the fact that we're dealing with a very small population, it is also the most statistically probable outcome after all the purposeless outcomes are excluded.

They happen often enough IRL. But the constant pairing of YAs to elders (or even Adults) when their are sims available in their age group is also disquieting. It is almost the norm for a sim to graduate high school and end up with some ancient sim and starts making babies, (or supplanting some sim who has cribs and then making babies). Again this is possible, but not normal.
Actually, it *IS* normal.

Proposed Solutions:
1) Introduce an average family size limit. This would be the default that most sims would aspire for, say around 1.5 for North America. This could be modified by traits (more for Family Oriented, less for Dislikes children). If you want to get clever, maybe use a calculation based on probabilities so that it is still possible that a couple would try out side of the average. Of course there are families that have many offspring IRL, but they are not the norm (ie not NPCs) If you want 25 kids into your 50s, play the family manually.
I have considered hardcoding it, but this would result in some peculiar, stiff, inorganic behavior.

2) reduce the fertility for Adult sims, even if a 40+ person wants a baby the chances should be reduced. This is biology.
This is already in the game. But apparently, the game doesn't do so very MUCH.

3) Introduce an integer value in the config for unplanned pregnancies (default 0%) - (more valid than a NPCWorkUniformRemovalChance value in my mind)
This is sort of already abstracted into the background. Digging more into the issue involves more work than payoff.

4) Introduce some form of age affinity. Either a configurable value for "Sims won't date X years away from their own age" or some method that would make the romance interaction less potent (so there would be a preference for those more proximate in age).
This is noted, but made more complicated by the fact that people ALSO have introduced custom aging rules. I actually already have implemented natural selective preferences.

With these items in place the oft maligned crib requirement could be removed via an option in the config as well.
The crib issue is under review.

I can't imagine how frustrating it is to work as hard as you do only to get these kinds of posts. But these items do seem to come up. I am in perfect agreement with your desire to have actions and consequences without magic relationship advancements. But the current system does not seem real (even for a silly game with computer dolls) or very flexible.
The key here is trying to balance a functional system that OPERATES with a system that consumes too much CPU performing sanity checking. The EA system is presently on the side of "Not Enough" (read: None At All), while people have complained the present system features too much, and it is thus chewing up too much CPU. We are looking into how to reduce this problem.

I think these changes (or anything along these lines) are in the spirit of awesomemod as they aren't strange (male pregnancy), or frivolous (random outfits). Awesomemod made the game playable but every town I have ends up goofy with aunts and uncles 10+ years older than their nieces/nephews. Parents of now married chosen sims moving out only to start up a new family (or optionally sitting on their duff chosen but neglected).
We'll look into it. At this point, though, I'm more concerned with trying to reduce CPU load than adding more rules.

My request is to add death notifications to the InformOnStoryAction debug feature.  I love all the current notifications, especially romances and moving.  And now I have birth notifications from Buzzler's Birth Control Mirror.  I'm just missing being able to know about and click to watch neighbourhood deaths.
Deaths are't really a part of Story Mode at all, except for the Kill Sim event. Since AwesomeStory rarely ever buskills a sim except when they have been total failures, there is simply nothing to notify you about.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: