More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 19:40:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  New AwesomeMod Request Thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New AwesomeMod Request Thread  (Read 128541 times)
funkilla
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: New AwesomeMod Request Thread
« Reply #200 on: 2009 October 19, 03:24:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Absimiliard:

Use Twallan's Story Progression. It does about 90% of everything on your list (accidental pregnancies and shotgun weddings, preventing Elder/YA and Elder/Adult romances, etc).
Absimiliard
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2009 October 19, 03:35:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Absimiliard:

Use Twallan's Story Progression. It does about 90% of everything on your list (accidental pregnancies and shotgun weddings, preventing Elder/YA and Elder/Adult romances, etc).

Yes, I've looked into it. I actually like the looks of it a lot. However it kinda seems to work by creating magical events rather than guiding sims to action. This may not be that big a problem in the end, I played an earlier iteration and felt it was wacky (and buggy - but twallan it working his but off - I read him forum).

The key here is trying to balance a functional system that OPERATES with a system that consumes too much CPU performing sanity checking. The EA system is presently on the side of "Not Enough" (read: None At All), while people have complained the present system features too much, and it is thus chewing up too much CPU. We are looking into how to reduce this problem.

Thanks very much for your responses. I totally agree with your priorites. Except for the young/oldies getting hitched and making babies until the end of time thing which we apparently disagree on. Bloat and over processing will kill a game faster than lack of features (not that I've really noticed too much of a problem CPU-wise).
Buckets
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2009 October 19, 05:04:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My request is to add death notifications to the InformOnStoryAction debug feature.  I love all the current notifications, especially romances and moving.  And now I have birth notifications from Buzzler's Birth Control Mirror.  I'm just missing being able to know about and click to watch neighbourhood deaths.
Deaths are't really a part of Story Mode at all, except for the Kill Sim event. Since AwesomeStory rarely ever buskills a sim except when they have been total failures, there is simply nothing to notify you about.

Is there really no way to get notified upon natural death events?  It's not considered an event that can be caught during the story progression like births?  I'm only asking more because of what Twallan advised Buzzler on the Birth Control Mirror thread:
You are not using an EventListener to handle birth announcements? 

Look up Sims3.Gameplay.StoryProgression.Notifications:  That class has many examples of various messages sent out from the system that you can catch.  One of them being baby birth notification.

Check out EventTypeId for a full list of all the messages you can catch.
Elise Bennett
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2009 October 19, 05:41:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A good percentage of the sims in my towns are starting to get fat, including the naturally athletic ones, even though I have the "no random bus mutilations" aspect of AwesomeMod enabled.

I have one clue regarding what MIGHT be happening: I switched to one of my old slender sims last night and found her walking around in formal attire, apparently having just finished dining out.  She had the "stuffed" moodlet.  Apparently she had stuffed herself to the gills at the restaurant.

Any way to prevent sims from autonomously stuffing themselves?  Especially if it's not in their nature, i.e., if they're naturally slender and/or naturally athletic?  It's really disconcerting to see an entire town of people getting fatter and fatter...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2009 October 19, 05:54:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But if the inability for child to learn the athletic skill was set in XML, then why NO "children can learn athletic skill" mod can be found in the Internet?
Because your premise is false, and it exists? I recall a Chaavik made it.

I think you have the expertise to unlock the restriction, so I post that request. Of course, you have the freedom to or not to complete my request...
Yes, but I consider it to be trivial, plus there is the risk of animation distortion, so I leave that as an exercise for the reader.

I have one clue regarding what MIGHT be happening: I switched to one of my old slender sims last night and found her walking around in formal attire, apparently having just finished dining out.  She had the "stuffed" moodlet.  Apparently she had stuffed herself to the gills at the restaurant.

Any way to prevent sims from autonomously stuffing themselves?  Especially if it's not in their nature, i.e., if they're naturally slender and/or naturally athletic?  It's really disconcerting to see an entire town of people getting fatter and fatter...
I could look into it, yes.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
iii
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2009 October 19, 13:06:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But if the inability for child to learn the athletic skill was set in XML, then why NO "children can learn athletic skill" mod can be found in the Internet?
Because your premise is false, and it exists? I recall a Chaavik made it.
I am sorry to tell you that my premise is true, and your recall is wrong. Sources~
http://insimenator.org/index.php/board,759.0.html
http://modthesims.info/browse.php?f=414&showType=1&csort=1&gs=2
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2009 October 20, 06:17:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Normally selectable traits already ARE in there, like "Stupid". Other traits are intended specifically for the schticks of certain key people and are either not fully implemented yet, or not intended for public usage.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2009 October 20, 13:50:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'm not sadistic, but I roll dices for the traits even for spawns, and many of them end up with stupid or mean spirited.

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2009 October 20, 16:37:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Outside of the scope of AM I know -- but I wish TS3 forced all Sims to select one 'bad' trait, like Tropico's (far too limited) character system. Unless you're being sadistic to your Sims, there's no reason ever to pick a trait like Stupid or Never Nude when you can load them up with skill traits like Genius, Green Thumb, and Handy together with a quick booster trait like Neurotic.
Well, Tropico's character system isn't meant to be that detailed because it is not really that sort of game. On the other hand, not all good traits in TS3 are good and not all bad traits in TS3 are bad. For instance, the Genius trait, sounds great...but in practice, not that useful, as it doesn't unlock anything worthwhile, create absolutes, or embiggen limits. Handy, on the other hand, is high on the usefulness scale because it makes it so you can actually repair items! Non-handy sims apparently cannot actually repair items properly, and they remain sorta broken afterwards, still requiring replacement. Without handy, repairing items is of very limited utility. Neurotic, on the other hand, is MEANT to be a negative trait, but is overwhelmingly exploitable. Unlucky is ALSO a negative trait, but we all know that it makes your sim unkillable...for better or worse, while having no real tangible effect in-game otherwise. The so-called "bad" traits tend to actually be good! Like, say, MEAN! Why would you NOT want your sim to be MEAN? Or EVIL? Compare that to their opposite numbers, "Friendly" and "Good". Pssh. No combat bonus, no job bonus, and no MEANLINESS!

Dab
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2009 October 20, 19:12:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The 'Good' trait and others can be used to your advantage.

Make a support character or 'buffer' if you will, who has Good, Great Kisser, Good Sense of Humor, and Charismatic traits.

Have that character as your main's spouse or lover and when you need a mood boost, just have them 'Brighten Day', kiss you, tell a few jokes (Hilarious conversation moodlet), Gossip to you and compliment you.

Although it is absurdly easy to keep your mood maxed in Sims 3, it may make it easier to play a really difficult character. A difficult character would be Grumpy, Ambitious, Loner, Unlucky and Stupid. Might be a nice challenge for someone.

Better strategy allows you to take down the raid bosses.
kittie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 2009 October 20, 20:42:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to make it so that your sim when left on it's own will actively seek to fulfill rolled wants? Perhaps as a option in Supreme Commander?
Anonym
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2009 October 22, 02:51:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another Supreme Commander request:  Given that for many of us maids won't function as maids, I took advice from another thread and for a household I play a lot created a sim with the "Neat" trait, the MakesNoMesses "trait", and the Speedy Cleaner perk (with cheated lifetime happiness points).

Now, what would be needed would be an "act as maid" setting that would have her, except for filling motives and going to her part time job, make cleaning up that sim's first priority as it would be with a maid.
Nekonyami
Asinine Airhead

Commander of Cats

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: 2009 October 22, 02:52:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd really like same-sex pregnancy put into AwesomeMod somehow, if it's possible.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2009 October 22, 03:17:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2009 October 24, 08:02:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Poor little puppy.

Anyway. I was wondering, if it's not a big headache, if you could fix the gymnasium? It takes sims twice as long to skill atheltic there instead of half, as you may recall.

INTP.
ainesims
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2009 October 24, 11:14:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This thread will be periodically cleared once the list has gotten too long to keep track of in dead crud.

hi. how would i be able to download awesomemod?
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2009 October 24, 11:21:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This thread will be periodically cleared once the list has gotten too long to keep track of in dead crud.

hi. how would i be able to download awesomemod?

What's the point of your quote?

Have you bothered to look at the download page?  You know the one, it has the word DOWNLOAD in the title.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2009 October 24, 11:35:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyway. I was wondering, if it's not a big headache, if you could fix the gymnasium? It takes sims twice as long to skill atheltic there instead of half, as you may recall.
I made a fixer for it already. AwesomeMod will take this into account when deciding where to skillinate.

Amorata
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2009 October 25, 02:32:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another Supreme Commander request:  Given that for many of us maids won't function as maids, I took advice from another thread and for a household I play a lot created a sim with the "Neat" trait, the MakesNoMesses "trait", and the Speedy Cleaner perk (with cheated lifetime happiness points).

Now, what would be needed would be an "act as maid" setting that would have her, except for filling motives and going to her part time job, make cleaning up that sim's first priority as it would be with a maid.

There's an idea...it could just be a generic "Servant" mode that would take care of babies and household chores.  That would take care of the babysitter and the maid problem in a very cool way...as it would make it easier for us crazy people who like to make historical sims!!!
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2009 October 25, 05:02:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made a fixer for it already. AwesomeMod will take this into account when deciding where to skillinate.

Thank you! And so it works for sims I control, too?

INTP.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2009 October 25, 05:03:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The fixer? The fixer makes it so the gym is no longer counterproductive, yes.

Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2009 October 25, 15:31:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to make a Macro-Cook on Supreme Commander? It's handy for stuffing the fridge so sims can just take leftovers instead of having to sit there and cook for hours.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2009 October 25, 16:10:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't want to do that. Foods don't last forever in there, and more than one or two plates means they will all go bad before you can eat them.

Tingeling
Malodorous Moron

- Big Cat AIDE - and proud of it!

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2009 October 25, 17:49:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unless you have the fridge reward from completing the cooking carreer. One of my sims is at the top of that career and with the reward she is well on the way of providing super quality left overs for her great grandchildren. Stuffing food in the sims pockets is bad though.

- INTJ -
Nightwish
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2009 October 25, 22:16:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, I have an idea. I like AwesomeMod for story driver, that is getting better and better but sometimes when I switch for sim from other family, I see that he has as many "happiness points" (? that is the right name? Don't know beacuse I have Polish language version) to get some rewards such as free restaurant or or others that makes their needs decay lower. But they didn't do anything with these points. My idea is, mod could check if this happiness points is at least for first available reward (for begining, it's 5000) and get it for the sim. It is not matter what this reward is (except rewards that give some objects for a sim, for example, teleport or food replicator). That could make other sims life better. How about that? (If I'm clear...).
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: