More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 17:48:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Abandoned vehicle (not NPC) - cannot delete
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Abandoned vehicle (not NPC) - cannot delete  (Read 6364 times)
Lonesome Dove
Asinine Airhead

It's not my fault!

View Profile
Abandoned vehicle (not NPC) - cannot delete
« on: 2009 September 15, 18:58:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've tried searching on "abandoned car," "abandoned vehicle," "stuck car," etc. etc. and nothing pops up except Awesomemod's towderelicts command, which I've tried and doesn't work in this situation.

What's happened is, there's an abandoned vehicle (a Wornado Triage) in the street by Central Park that belongs to the Working Friends family. It says No driver! Derelict vehicle! I can't get at it either in game mode or in buy/build mode on the lot next to it. I never had played the Working Friends family, so I tried going into that household to see if that would unglitch it, but that hasn't worked. I tried getting my kleptos next to it, but they wouldn't steal it. As I said, the first thing I did was try the AM towderelicts command, and it popped up a message saying 3 limos had been towed but nothing about the abandoned vehicle, which is still there.

I'm at a loss, unless I just abandon the whole neighborhood and start fresh, which I don't want to do and which won't solve the problem if it happens again. Any suggestions?
JamesNine
Blathering Buffoon

Llama

View Profile
Re: Abandoned vehicle (not NPC) - cannot delete
« Reply #1 on: 2009 September 16, 23:37:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nukes can easily solve most problems...

More Awesome Sig
diana
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 September 17, 00:02:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had similar problems and couldn't delete until I tracked down the owner, sent them to the car, put it in their inventory, then deleted it.
Lonesome Dove
Asinine Airhead

It's not my fault!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 September 17, 01:00:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's nobody who owns the car. I tried playing the Working Friends family but none of them can get this car, it just says "No interactions possible."

Update: I tried the CTRL + Shift and OMG, it worked! The friggin' car is nuked. Eternal thanks, guys, I'll remember that trick.  Grin
bettybrant
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 September 17, 02:47:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had the exact same problem with a car that is abandoned by the side of the road (which had belonged to the NPC Pool) but although I have debugging enabled in the Awesomemod, I haven't been able to nuke it.  I know I'm missing something obvious, but so far Control + Shift  does nothing, nor does typing Nuke. What am I doing wrong?  Perhaps I need to be right next to the car,(I've been trying from the neighborhood map)?  Thanks for any advice.  

ETA: Thanks Lonesome Dove;  as soon as I  stopped trying from the neighbourhood map and went close to the vehicle to use CRTL, Shift and click at the same time, I got the option to delete the derelict NPC car, and now it's gone. Yay!  
« Last Edit: 2009 September 19, 01:31:15 by bettybrant » Logged
Lonesome Dove
Asinine Airhead

It's not my fault!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 September 17, 17:02:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was playing a household and while still in that mode, I just zoomed to the spot where the stuck car was and clicked on it while pressing CTRL + Shift, and the option "Nuke" came up.

I think I had entered testingcheatsenabled true in the command box (bring it up by pressing CTRL + Shift + C) but I'm not sure. I had been trying so many things that I got confused. If you're not able to get the "Nuke" option, try entering the testing cheats command first.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 September 17, 17:48:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it says the vehicle belongs to a fambly, don't nuke it, have them CRTL-Shift-Click on it, there should be an option "Get In Vehicle", which will cause them to reclaim their vehicle.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 September 18, 10:44:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lately I'm not having much trouble with cars. In fact, I'm not even giving cars to whoever, once they most of the time use a taxy anyway. It is a big mistake to give cars to all family members, they will sure abandon them somewhere. The same with bikes. Previously, when problem was very present, I found out that typing "towderelicts" didn't make much of a difference, but typing "towderelicts yes" did the trick. Don't know if there's something magic with the syntax, but I got it from one of Pescado's post.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: