More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 05:49:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  A shifty problem... (with AL - raising & lowering curtains)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A shifty problem... (with AL - raising & lowering curtains)  (Read 2797 times)
LurkingCat
Asinine Airhead

...that about sums it up for me.

View Profile WWW
A shifty problem... (with AL - raising & lowering curtains)
« on: 2009 September 15, 21:49:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anybody have any idea why some things turn dark (like the lights are out) when I shift them down the wall with the AL-]/[-shifter keys?
For example: curtains - if I shift them down to 'loft' height (from ceiling height) the curtains look like they are in an unlit room. And usually the only way to get their color back is by deleting them and repurchasing.

Do you know what I can do to fix this problem? (I'm hoping there's a little box in SimPE that needs tiking, or something easy like that.) I know it happens with most (but not all) of my CC curtains, I can't remember exactly what happened with EAxis ones - but I think they did it too.

Is this just just 'my' problem? I searched and couldn't find another thread about it.

Please, somebody, help shed some light on this problem.  Roll Eyes *snicker  snicker*

Thanks,
Cat

Do you know the muffin man?
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: A shifty problem... (with AL - raising & lowering curtains)
« Reply #1 on: 2009 September 16, 08:34:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it seems to be that when you shift items down, you are effectively shifting the lighting reference point down, too. So the light for that object will come from the floor below. If you are on a foundation you can put lights under there to solve the issue, but if you are on ground level or above an apartment there is not much you can do.
LurkingCat
Asinine Airhead

...that about sums it up for me.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009 September 16, 15:30:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK. Thanks for the answer.

Is there a way of correcting the lighting reference with SimPE - it doesn't happen on all of my CC curtains, so I think there must be a way around it. I just don't know what it is.

Embarrassed

Do you know the muffin man?
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 September 16, 15:59:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pass on that, maybe someone more knowledgeable on custom content creation will know?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: