More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 01:54:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Betrayal Moodlet??
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Betrayal Moodlet??  (Read 10815 times)
phenexwitch
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Betrayal Moodlet??
« on: 2009 September 07, 15:03:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm new here, so I apologize in advance if I am posting in the wrong place.

I've got an interesting dilemma going on with my Sims. I've got a mother, her two young adult daughters and the one daughter's husband living in one house together. Anytime that any of them interact with either of the married party (or vice versa with them interacting with the others) the other one gets the Betrayal moodlet, and their relationship drops all the way into the red, like they're complete enemies. This happens even when the daughter is talking to her mother. It also happens when any Sim talks to someone of the opposite sex if they are involved in a relationship with someone else.

My game is modded out the wazoo (I'm not using AmesomeMod, tho), so I'm wondering if it could be a mod conflict of some sort. Originally, I thought that it may have to do with the married couples traits (both were Hopeless Romantic, and Over-Emotional), so I changed the traits and it is still happening.

I'm not really complaining, as it does make for one hell of an interesting game with all the cat-fighting, arguing and fist fighting that's going on ... but has anyone else encountered this? Any suggestions?
Mire Krisma
Pancake Fucker
Retardo Lander

INTP (allegedly)

View Profile
Re: Betrayal Moodlet??
« Reply #1 on: 2009 September 07, 18:08:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're going to have to clarify what mods you're using, exactly. Especially if you've modded your game "out the wazoo".

Until then, anything we can suggest is a shot in the dark.
Tsarina
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 September 07, 18:57:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm new here, so I apologize in advance if I am posting in the wrong place.
Yes, we see you are new. No need to make sporkings even more inevitable.

My game is modded out the wazoo (I'm not using AmesomeMod, tho), so I'm wondering if it could be a mod conflict of some sort.
Did you do anything to test this hypothesis? It sounds very plausible. Do a binary search. It should work in TS3 as well as in TS2.
You should start using Awesomemod. If your problem turns out to be an EA mistake, Pescado has probably fixed it.
« Last Edit: 2009 September 07, 19:04:12 by Tsarina » Logged

INEPT INTP
RavenKay
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 September 07, 21:07:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try using this to check for mod conflicts.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=356733
phenexwitch
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 September 08, 10:10:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aside from a large amount of pattern, clothing, car, hair and tattoo mods, I have the following:

30 day pregnancy - adult only babysitter - Hysterical Paroxysm's More Textured Skin - AwesomeMod - AwesomeMod NoJealousy -
Buyable headstones and urns - Ghost reaction remover - Go Jogging - Go Swimming - Awake 50% longer - Metal Babysitter - More Harvestables -
NoMosaic - NRaas Supercomputer - Random Baby Gender - SolaceinSounds Move In Mod - Car Speed 4 - Transparent Baby Bottle - Hidden Traits - Buyable Pizza -

I've reinstalled the game and even with AwesomeMod and AwesomeMod No Jealousy, I'm still having the same issue. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 September 08, 10:11:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once again, I point the blame squarely at tight pants.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Tsarina
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 September 08, 14:27:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any suggestions?
Do a binary search. It should work in TS3 as well as in TS2.
Did you do a binary search?

INEPT INTP
Bababorg
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 September 08, 22:12:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do the one mod at the time testing. I think that you can skip the object mods the first round. Also quite sure that the hidden trait and the no mosaic mod conflicts with awsome.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2009 September 08, 22:31:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think No Mosaic has any conflicts. I've had it in my game for a while, even though awesome has an option, just because the sometimes mosaic thing bugged me. And not because I watch them. But because the mosaic has this annoying habit of going through walls occasionally. And because it swallows toddlers when  they are being potty trained.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
hbird
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 September 09, 02:31:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There were (are?) at least two "no mosaic" mods, one of which was a core mod, and would conflict with AM, and a later one which is not a core mod, and which seems to have no trouble running with AM.

Your tiny dimensions make you feel an incomplete man?
socurious
Exasperating Eyesore

Loki Craptastic!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 September 09, 03:10:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't need any "no mosaic" mods with the Awesome.  It's covered (or uncovered) in the mod. 

..."you should certainly be well-read in a subject before you pass judgement on it," Solowren
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2009 September 09, 05:25:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quoted from the wiki..

#  No Nudity Censor - Male [Optional - Default: Disabled]

* Male sims are no longer blurred when naked. Useful if you have one of the "bits" hacks that actually makes them equipped. Otherwise this is really creepy and disturbing. Note that noncensor only applies to nudity. Sims remain censored when using the terlet because sims cannot remove their pants, and frankly, the blur is for hiding what is not happening.

# No Nudity Censor - Female [Optional - Default: Disabled]

* Like above, only it's somewhat less difficult to make this look nonfreaky.

Aka-For some of us, a non-mosaic patch is still necessary.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
JamesNine
Blathering Buffoon

Llama

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 September 09, 08:40:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Run it without "AwesomeMod No Jealousy"... obviously there appears to be some jealousy.

More Awesome Sig
phenexwitch
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 September 09, 16:36:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I played for a while with just AwesomeMod installed and still had the same issue with this household.

I tried a different household just for kicks ... made the wife call up an ex and flirt with him right in front of the husband. No betrayal or jealousy moodlets at all ... the relationship didn't drop into the red. WTF?

I'm beginning to think that it has something to do with this one particular family. It's a tangled web of evil Sims - they put the fun in dysfunctional.
Sanati
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 September 09, 23:25:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've heard of this happening before, it's not a conflict or anything, it's a corruption of the save file. AFAIK there's no way to fix that family/town. Basic steps are deleting the cache files and reseting the sims, but I've been told that doesn't help. I'm not sure if it's totally an EA bug, or something that only happens if you have a jealousy mod.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: