More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:45:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Pudding Plots
| | | |-+  Seaside Escape - A Breezy Victorian
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Seaside Escape - A Breezy Victorian  (Read 8194 times)
rushmorerunner
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Seaside Escape - A Breezy Victorian
« on: 2009 September 05, 23:29:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seaside Escape

This home is by no means modest. Yes, it has a vast amount of space but this space really can be utilized. There are quick routes to all rooms, as the point of this house was efficiency bred with class. This house is as thoroughly Victorian as I could make it, as is the first one.

The first floor boasts a front hall that gives access both to the front and rear gardens, a dining room with breakfast bar and fireplace, a grand parlour style living room (I essentially joined the parlour and the living quarters for modern convenience), and a kitchen designed for ease of travel between appliances and countertops. Throughout the first layer is wood flooring (other than in the kitchen where it is a more sensible tile).

The second floor contains all three bedrooms and both bathrooms. The bedrooms vary in size and features. The master bedroom has a dressing room that leads into the master bath, giving it a direct route to the bedroom. The front bedroom in the turret has several round windows set high in the wall for an interesting light effect. This bedroom, as well as the third bedroom (the nursery/upstairs study... depending on what you wish to use it for) share a bathroom. Though it is not Hollywood style, it still offers the convenience of two sinks.

The garden has been completely decorated, as has every room. I tried to not go overboard in case someone has a different taste in furniture for this house (I see many possibilities for styles... I'm just stuck in 1880 with a few tweaks of 21st Century for compatibility)

Stats:

3 Br 2 Ba

Unfurnished: $99,607
Furnished: $68,763

Lot Size: 40x30 (The size of the lots near the ocean near Crumplebottom)

Features: Fireplace, wood paneling, dressing room, wood flooring, luxury style baths

EA Store Content: Story Book Style Furnishings
Custom Content: None

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=b9ce29ef3d31d06c6e7203eb87368129e04e75f6e8ebb871
saraswati
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Seaside Escape - A Breezy Victorian
« Reply #1 on: 2009 September 06, 01:24:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the attention to detail you've paid with the decor. The size and proportions fit very well with the period and it's absolutely lovely to look at.

The only criticism I'd make and it's a mild one is that with the way the economics seem to work with the game these days, it will likely take forever for a Sim to be able to afford this home. However I understand the problem as I've been working on an Art Deco home myself-most of the appropriate furnishings are expensive in-game and the Victorians also loved elaborate gardens. Both of these elements tend to push the price up somewhat.

Now all we need to do is get someone who wants to make TS3 Victorian clothes and we're set.
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 September 06, 01:51:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

rushmorerunner, this is gorgeous. I really really REALLY like what you did with the roof, and will probably steal borrow some of your ideas. BTW, if you use AwesomeMod, you can use the console command "wandhere" to depreciate the furnishings and thus bring down the cost. I do that to any house that I place in my game.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 September 06, 02:40:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TS3 released a set of 'Victorian' clothes with NO LONG SKIRTS!!!  Roll Eyes

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
saraswati
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 September 06, 02:45:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Witch, I've just been to take a look at that when you mentioned it here. What planet are they on? I mean the leg of mutton sleeve is great, but teamed with a knee length skirt it's somewhat pointless.

I will have to look into whether it's technically possible to import some of Sussi's old TS2 meshes into TS3.
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 September 06, 03:32:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They don't look very victorian to me. I was picturing long and gothic looking dresses like the ones Mrs Lovett wears in Sweeney Todd. Then again, it is EAxis. Silly, naive me  Roll Eyes

brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 September 06, 03:37:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rushmorerunner, you have created a wonderful victorian mansion. Beautiful decor and colors. Smiley

I am in the process of making a mini-victorian mansion with the new items from the store. Only thing that peeves me, EA didn't make appropriate vehicles for the times. I want a horse and buggy, darn it! Or at least a model T or something like that. I am agreeing with Witch, wtf on the skirts. The short lengths wasn't appropriate for that time frame.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
rushmorerunner
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 September 06, 04:04:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad that it is such a hit. I was super psyched to see them go for so many older styles in the base game and now with the store items it is even better. The Victorian that is on the store is almost French Second Empire, but that's me taking a while stab at it. At any rate, I can't wait to use them. I did build one house, but my computer decided it doesn't like Sandisk and crashed...

I agree on the EAxis clothing mentality. Its rather idiotic to think that the glamorous women of 1870/1880/1890 or even 1920 for that matter would dare wear pants. And, since this is EAxis, they aim for the beautiful (and thus stereotypical of a period).

At any rate, I'm glad you all seem to like it. Better picture quality this time for sure with the in-game image capture.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: