More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 13:02:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  About the online AwesomeMod Configuration Tool
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: About the online AwesomeMod Configuration Tool  (Read 16618 times)
iii
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
About the online AwesomeMod Configuration Tool
« on: 2009 September 05, 19:46:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a followup topic of my post in Indy Stone Mod development stops - News at 9, which is deleted by me...

I said that the webpage~
More Stupid Than You! a.k.a. AwesomeMod Configuration For Dummies!
does not have the config~
LiveOnCommunityLots
which defaults to~
False i.e. Disabled
, and is between the config~
AllowMoveWithPlants
and the config~
MaleNameGeneratorKey
. And the font of the explanation of that webpage is too small...

Then I saw the following reply~
That feature is not finished and is only available to designated testers.

But sorry, I do not understand if the config~
LiveOnCommunityLots
cannot be included in the webpage, then why the following config~
DontResetOnEditTown
AwesomeDebug
AwesomeRouteExperiment
AwesomeRouteDebug
PruneWantTrees
are included in the webpage...
In addition, I found that if that config is included in the webpage, then the webpage will fully match the output of the command "showconfig"...
« Last Edit: 2009 September 05, 19:51:51 by iii » Logged
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
Re: About the online AwesomeMod Configuration Tool
« Reply #1 on: 2009 September 05, 20:42:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wat? What's up with all those tildes and stuff? I didn't understand a bit.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
ProfPlumbob
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 September 05, 21:04:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They are there for Pescado and his guinea pigs.

Imagination will often carry us to places that never were. But without it we go nowhere.  -Carl Sagan
iii
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 September 05, 23:20:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stop your whining.

It is not included in the tool because it is not released yet. There is a difference between 'released, but possibly dangerous' and 'not released, very likely dangerous'.
If you absolutely must test 'LiveOnCommunityLots' go ahead, but don't go whining when it messes up your game.

It is not included in the config, ergo cannot be enabled by default, for a REASON.
I am NOT whining, I am just have a question about the replied reason. And I do not want to ask the question which is not related to Indy Stone Mod development stops - News at 9, so I started this topic.
JamesNine
Blathering Buffoon

Llama

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 September 06, 06:23:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't assume that it had anything to do with Indy Stone Mod so it was likely (and rightfully) ignored.

Also, I have great patience and comprehensive skills and I have no idea what your talking about in the first post here. It sounds like your browser is having problems or your not doing it right.

Font is fine.
Defaults work fine.

Lastly, many of the Awesome Config features are explained in the README which comes with every Awesome mod download. Otherwise, ignore the stuff that you are told to ignore (such as the last group of options.)

More Awesome Sig
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 September 06, 17:58:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Instead of creating a new thread regarding the Online Awesome Mod Configuration Tool to address an issue I came across, I will post here to point out a problem with one of the features.

After the two new features were added to allow players to configure the autosave features, I decided to try the features out and changed my mind using these features. I went back to the page to reconfigure the autosave features to set them both to zero. I wasn't able to with one of the features.

The following feature:

AutoSavesToKeep

Description:

Autosave Every X Minutes (0 to disable)

Problem:

The field box was missing the zero (0) value to be used to disable this feature. I couldn't set this feature to zero to disable this feature.

My reason was because when I placed a new Sim in one lot, the game was autosaved without the option to name it using the Save As option. I didn't want the game to save the game automatically the first time. I wanted to be given the opportunity to name the game save first to separate this save from the other saves I downloaded from players who redid the towns.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
iii
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 September 06, 18:12:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After the two new features were added to allow players to configure the autosave features, I decided to try the features out and changed my mind using these features. I went back to the page to reconfigure the autosave features to set them both to zero. I wasn't able to with one of the features.

The following feature:

AutoSavesToKeep

Description:

Autosave Every X Minutes (0 to disable)

Problem:

The field box was missing the zero (0) value to be used to disable this feature. I couldn't set this feature to zero to disable this feature.

My reason was because when I placed a new Sim in one lot, the game was autosaved without the option to name it using the Save As option. I didn't want the game to save the game automatically the first time. I wanted to be given the opportunity to name the game save first to separate this save from the other saves I downloaded from players who redid the towns.
I think the online AwesomeMod Configuration Tool is quite misleading. One of the things is that the description of "AutoSavesToKeep" is "Autosave Every X Minutes (0 to disable)". I think the description of "AutoSavesToKeep" should be "Number of auto-save files to be kept".
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 September 06, 19:48:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that's an error, although purely cosmetic and not in-game. It will be fixed in the next version.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Wolfeyes
Furry Yifftard
Retardo Lander

INFJ - 7, Very "F"

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 September 07, 00:44:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AutoSavesToKeep is ignored if AutoSavesInterval is set to 0.

Any autosave will always be named Autosave#, with # the number starting with zero and high according to the ASTK setting.

The AutoSavesToKeep cannot be set to zero (0) as the numbers go from 1 to 10, and it's been this way since its' inception whenever I try to set it to zero.  Huh

"Life is not about surviving the storms but rather how to dance in the rain" ~

Luther Vandross ~ Forever, For Always, For Love ~ 2005

Genius - Flirty - Friendly - Good Sense of Humor - Great Kisser ~
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 September 07, 00:54:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Setting autosavestokeep to 0 is a meaningless concept because setting autosaveinterval to 0 already makes the game not autosave.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Wolfeyes
Furry Yifftard
Retardo Lander

INFJ - 7, Very "F"

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 September 07, 01:01:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that you explain it that way it makes sense and I also realize that I was thinking of TS2 where it seemed that the game had a built-in type of autosave feature that saved the game to the game you were actually playing, and not a "sub-game" if you will that would be separate... but since this is all new technology/programming the saving aspects are different as well.  A Doh moment for me ~   Tongue

"Life is not about surviving the storms but rather how to dance in the rain" ~

Luther Vandross ~ Forever, For Always, For Love ~ 2005

Genius - Flirty - Friendly - Good Sense of Humor - Great Kisser ~
rocky
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 September 20, 18:01:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey I'm trying to configure the Awesome mod but I think that the file that the Tool generates doesn't work Sad
I had configured something like TS2 aging, or the anti-censors, but none of this is present in the game! I don't know why...is there an other way to change the configuration of the mod??

Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 September 20, 21:37:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey I'm trying to configure the Awesome mod but I think that the file that the Tool generates doesn't work Sad
I had configured something like TS2 aging, or the anti-censors, but none of this is present in the game! I don't know why...is there an other way to change the configuration of the mod??

The configuration tool works fine for many people.  Did you try typing in the showconfig cheat to see the options in-game?  If showconfig doesn't reflect the options which you chose, then make sure that your configuration file is named "AweConf.package" (not AweConf.package.txt or AweConf.package.xml).  Be aware that your operating system may be hiding the real file extension from you, but the game will refuse to read any package which does not have the .package file extension.  If your file is not named AweConf.package, then that is not a bug in the configuration tool, but in your internet browser.

The other alternative is to create an XML file which contains your selected options, then package that XML.  If you aren't sure of the format, you could extract the XML from the AweConf.package which you downloaded, make changes to that XML, then repackage it into the original AweConf.package.  Of course, this won't help you if your configuration file does not have the correct file name.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
rocky
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 September 25, 16:46:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The configuration tool works fine for many people.  Did you try typing in the showconfig cheat to see the options in-game?  If showconfig doesn't reflect the options which you chose, then make sure that your configuration file is named "AweConf.package" (not AweConf.package.txt or AweConf.package.xml).  Be aware that your operating system may be hiding the real file extension from you, but the game will refuse to read any package which does not have the .package file extension.  If your file is not named AweConf.package, then that is not a bug in the configuration tool, but in your internet browser.

The other alternative is to create an XML file which contains your selected options, then package that XML.  If you aren't sure of the format, you could extract the XML from the AweConf.package which you downloaded, make changes to that XML, then repackage it into the original AweConf.package.  Of course, this won't help you if your configuration file does not have the correct file name.

Thank you a lot, but I didn't solve it yet...could you help me in creating a XML file? How does it do??

EDIT: I solved it!!! The problem was that I was downloading with Free Download Manager, that (I don't know why) changed the name and the size of the file Generated by the Tool..

Thank you a lot!=)
« Last Edit: 2009 September 25, 16:59:35 by rocky » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: