More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:46:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Toddlers being ejected out of their high chairs.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Toddlers being ejected out of their high chairs.  (Read 8740 times)
Austere
Sexist Creep
Banned!

Xion says, "GTFO of my apartment."

View Profile
Toddlers being ejected out of their high chairs.
« on: 2009 September 04, 01:26:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been waiting in vain for this weird problem to correct itself, but I know it started after I installed Becka's high chair hack thing from MTS. It started acting weird, so I deleted it. Now whenever I ask a Sim to feed a toddler in a high chair (the bowl food) everything works fine until the food is actually placed on the high chair tray. Then I get an error message and am forced to reset. Which pops the toddler out of the chair and onto the floor.

It's not a huge problem, since I can still feed them with bottles, but I'd like to know if that hack killed some coding at some point (it does it with Maxis high chairs, too).

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Toddlers being ejected out of their high chairs.
« Reply #1 on: 2009 September 04, 01:35:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You broke it. High chairs are worthless, anyway.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Austere
Sexist Creep
Banned!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 September 04, 01:39:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh, well, ok.

Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 September 04, 07:07:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The want to buy a high chair might be second only to the want to buy a Myshuno game in terms of its annoyance factor. It's worse than worthless, since it actually slows down the entire feeding process, and is harmful to the sims.

Caraleede
Retardo Lander

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 September 04, 07:35:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why are people helping the ASSTEAR?!

Ask at MTS, WHERE YOU GOT THE HACK. Were you banned there, too?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 September 04, 09:14:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The want to buy a high chair might be second only to the want to buy a Myshuno game in terms of its annoyance factor. It's worse than worthless, since it actually slows down the entire feeding process, and is harmful to the sims.
Naw, buy wants are awesome. It's like free ASP, you buy something, stick it in your inventory, and flush it. Cha-ching! Who cares what it is?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2009 September 04, 09:25:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but then they just roll it up again instead of a want that might actually be interesting to fulfill.  They even keep rolling wants to buy items if the item is sitting there in their inventory because I didn't wind up flushing it for whatever reason.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 September 04, 10:29:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but then they just roll it up again instead of a want that might actually be interesting to fulfill.  They even keep rolling wants to buy items if the item is sitting there in their inventory because I didn't wind up flushing it for whatever reason.
Then you flush it AGAIN. Cha-CHING!

Austere
Sexist Creep
Banned!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 September 14, 22:05:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why are people helping the ASSTEAR?!

Ask at MTS, WHERE YOU GOT THE HACK. Were you banned there, too?

What crawled up your vagina and died?
Problem is, the hack isn't on MTS anymore, or at least I sure couldn't find it after 30 minutes of searching.

I did manage to fix it though. As it turned out, if you keep the new toddler food in without the high chair hack, it corrupts all of the high chairs if you say 'Feed ____". So, removed the toddler food and voila, no more snap reset on toddlers.

The high chairs can be convenient. One of my Sims in generation 2 of my legacy decided to pop out four kids and it's easier to have four bowls on the trays for Sims to clean up autonomously than 324934890 bottles all over the floor that just rot away.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 September 15, 01:59:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bottles can be simply deleted from buy mode. The Baby Controller Eye will perform this functionality for you automatically.

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2009 September 15, 02:49:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the high chairs just because it means I don't have to micromanage the kids when I want to feed them.  It seems like I can never get them into position to correctly receive bottles on the floor, so I just put them in the high chair first, where the kid can't cause trouble after it finishes/while the parent is getting the bottle.  Food dishes are too much of a pain in the ass, though.  (Yes, I know about the baby controller.  I prefer to manage them by hand, except for the all of the footstomping and handwaving that accompanies bottle-feeding on the floor.)

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 September 15, 03:18:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

noroutefail.

professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 September 15, 05:12:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait what, buying the high chair is harmful to the Sims? How or why?

It's pretty well worthless, I agree, except that you can take a few cute pictures that way.  Frankly, there aren't that many interesting or original pictures you can take of toddlers.  High chair pictures change it up.

I actually don't mind buy wants if my Sims can afford them, for the same reason Pescado stated.  Sometimes it is the only way to get them some aspiration points. I know some people who buy stuff and then stick it in an inaccessible basement so the Sims won't roll it again: if you're sick of seeing "Buy a High Chair," just buy them one and hide it.

DrNerd
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 September 15, 05:46:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I've had a toddler use the high chair exactly once, and it was because the Servo put the spawnlet in there while I was otherwise occupied.  It's not like they don't learn to eat food if you don't use the high chair.

When it comes to annoying Wants to "BUY ME STUFF" I've found that the best thing to do is buy it for them, and then stick the object somewhere inaccessible, like an attic, a doorless room, a room locked for everyone, anyplace like that.  The advantage is that they get the Aspiration from having gotten it, but won't be able to use it, and since it's still on the lot, they won't roll Wants to buy that specific object again.  They'll just roll "BUY ME DIFFERENT STUFF" Wants.

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2009 September 15, 18:36:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

noroutefail.

Yes, I have that one.

The problem with putting things in an inaccessible basement is when they live in tiny apartments and don't have room in the apartment for the stuff, let alone a basement where I can stick it.

DrNerd
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 September 16, 19:37:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have AL, so I have no idea what you can do with building, but in regular houses, with moveobjects on, you can usually tile the area right under the peak of roofs and stick stuff up in the "attic" that wouldn't normally be able to be placed there.  It works on the same principle as an inaccessible basement.  Also, using moveobjects on to stick a small item inside a larger item to make it inaccessible also works.  They're whining about wanting a MyShuno?  Buy 'em one, slap it inside an end table or a counter.  They might footstomp about not being able to get at it, but at least they won't constantly be USING it.

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2009 September 16, 20:03:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I put things under the roof sometimes, but in an apartment you don't get any of those spaces, not even with moveobjects.  Hiding them inside counters also doesn't work when it's the damn karaoke machine that they want.  Twojeffs' hack for limiting the cost of wanted objects (so that they don't keep wanting to buy bowling alleys) helps, but what would be really neat is to have a hack that limits wants in apartments to things that actually fit in the apartment.  I'd make it, but I'm not sure how to figure out the available floorspace/wallspace/floors-next-to-wallsspace in the apartment.  Maybe something based on the rent calculation?

Captain Scarlet
Retardo Lander

Though the mysterons plan to conquer the earth....

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 October 05, 18:46:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it wrong i imagined the Toddlers sprouting thrusters from their rectum and shooting off into the sky?

...This indestructible man will show what he's worth!
Austere
Sexist Creep
Banned!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 October 07, 03:58:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uhm, yes. Just a bit.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: