More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 18:11:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Name List Help?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Name List Help?  (Read 7506 times)
Elliot
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Name List Help?
« on: 2009 September 03, 22:59:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

10. Custom NameList Support [Optional - Default: Unused]
     Supports the use of custom STBL-based namelist headers to replace the EA
     namelist for male/female/last names, and can switch between using any
     of the lists you have loaded at startup on the fly in-game.

How do you make custom STBL-based namelists and how do you import them?
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
Re: Name List Help?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 September 03, 23:04:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 September 03, 23:05:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You registered less than an hour ago and you've already started two HALP PLZ threads? MATY is not your special eds coordinator.

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
Absimiliard
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 September 04, 05:29:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't for the life of me figure this out myself. I've tried making custom STBL packages with the prefix indicated but the game ends up naming my sims things like "Sally AbsNames/FamilyName_Female20 ****"

I had no Sally in my FirstName file and I don't know why it's taking the hash value for a last name.

PS sorry you got jumped on for asking a question... I'll bend over and receive my reaming now (OMG I have only 2 posts!)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 September 04, 06:23:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only logical reason I can think of for that happening to you is that YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG, since that particular key doesn't match anything that can be generated normally.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Absimiliard
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 September 04, 07:15:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I'm sure I'm doing it wrong. But I can't really find any info on how to do it right. I just tried a test file because I figured I'd bugger it up. I used your stblc tool to convert a text doc formatted thusly (not correct XML but Iwas trying to follow orders)

Code:
<KEY>AbsNames/MaleName:Name0</KEY>
<STR>John</STR>
<KEY>AbsNames/FealeName:Name0</KEY>
<STR>Jane</STR>
<KEY>AbsNames/FamilyName:Name0</KEY>
<STR>Doe</STR>
<KEY>AbsNames/FamilyName:Name0_Female</KEY>
<STR>Doe</STR>

I then imported the STBL file into a new package with s3pe (didn't know what other program to use). Indicated the file was an stbl and didn't change the group or instance id (because I didn't think it would matter with the unique id "AbsNames")

I then set my config for all names to use AbsNames and that didn't work. I know I did it wrong, but god help me if I know how to be right.

ETA: Immediately after posting I realize that I misspelled FemaleName in the XML but that only solves part of the problem.
« Last Edit: 2009 September 04, 07:30:16 by Absimiliard » Logged
chann
Corpulent Cretin

TS3: an "eye-opening tour de farce" (sic)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2009 September 04, 07:53:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's the instance you *are* using? I don't think all zeroes would work.

Try using the FNV Hash converter in S3pe (under Tools) and hash "AbsNames", then copypaste that value into Instance in the Resource Details box. Change the first two digits after the X to 00 for the language code (I presume your game is English). Then see if it works.
Absimiliard
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 September 04, 08:38:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Still a no go. Getting sims with names like

**** AbsNames/FemaleName:Name/FemaleName:Name0 **** **** AbsNames/FamilyName:Name/FamilyName:Name2 ****

I'm wondering if I should be using s3pe at all to package this thing. I assume when I import the stbl file from Pescado's tool I should set the type to "STBL 0x220557DA" and I followed your suggestion of changing the instance from all zeros to "0x0038ED910DF37BA9" but that still leaves the Group at all zeros with a myriad of other checkboxes I can tick or leave blank.

It seems to me it's trying to find something along the wrong path (the FemaleName:Name and FamilyName:Name are incorrect) but I can't say whether this is a result of Pescados stblc.exe or an incorrect import.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 September 04, 11:07:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The name list thing has a bug in it, that will be fixed in the next version that I will up later today once I finish this build test.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Absimiliard
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 September 06, 02:28:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, things are partially working now.

I created 3 different STBLs one for male names, one for female names and one for family names.

In the male and female names I've grouped names by decade so I can specify in my config which group to grab from (for example AbsNames1940s or AbsNames1950s)

The text I imported from looks something like this...
Code:
<KEY>AbsNames1900s/MaleName:Name0</KEY>
<STR>Aaron</STR>
<KEY>AbsNames1900s/MaleName:Name1</KEY>
<STR>Abe</STR>
<KEY>AbsNames1900s/MaleName:Name1287</KEY>
<STR>Zack</STR>
<KEY>AbsNames1900s/MaleName:Name1288</KEY>
<STR>Zeb</STR>
<KEY>AbsNames1910s/MaleName:Name0</KEY>
<STR>Aaron</STR>
<KEY>AbsNames1910s/MaleName:Name1</KEY>
<STR>Abe</STR>

The FamilyName STBL only has one set of names but it has been keyed with a string to localize and date it so I could make more in future. (The string I used is AbsNamesENC1990 to indicate names from the East North Central Part of the US from the 1990 census)

Code:
<KEY>AbsNamesENC1990/FamilyName:Name0</KEY>
<STR>Aaron</STR>
<KEY>AbsNamesENC1990/FamilyName:Name0_Female</KEY>
<STR>Aaron</STR>
<KEY>AbsNamesENC1990/FamilyName:Name1</KEY>
<STR>Abbott</STR>
<KEY>AbsNamesENC1990/FamilyName:Name1_Female</KEY>
<STR>Abbott</STR>

I started a new games killedallhumans. And plopped in a single sim. As NPCs were generated, I was disappointed to see a papergirl named "Christie Lively". I do not have "Lively" in my last name list...

But as sims were generated for coworkers, etc. Things started to look up as the names were plucked from my STBLs. But then another dissapointment occured.

I had specified AbsNames1940s in my config, and a sim named "Jammie Lockhart" appeared. "Jammie" only appears under AbsNames1970s and shouldn't have been selected.

I still wonder If I'm packaging the STBLs correctly, and if NPCs use these packages at all.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: