More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:43:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  EAxis House of Phail: September 2009
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EAxis House of Phail: September 2009  (Read 58081 times)
Jorganza
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: EAxis House of Phail: September 2009
« Reply #50 on: 2009 September 24, 17:39:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's the download to the mosque in RAR format. I have all the EP's and SP's. And thanks for critiquing my lot Ciane and everyone else.
I couldn't really think of what to do with the pond, it was more in the way than anything else. I did change the fencing around a little
bit to section of the pond.

Really great houses everyone, I thought the octagon shape would be hard to work around, but a lot of you still made excellent
houses.

To Prosthetics: I think your latest house looks the best out of your other 3 houses. I really like the open area on the second floor
of the building. 

* Riverbend Road_Jorganza.rar (544.54 KB - downloaded 520 times.)
Prosthetics
Blathering Buffoon

Wonderful

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009 September 26, 02:56:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I finally got around to taking the interior pics and packaging the lot.
Fourth and final submission: Crafty Cabin

The front

The back (yes, the pond is still there!)

The entrance

The living room

Kitchen and Dining room

The bedroom

The half-bath

Single bedroom

Single bedroom 2

Bathroom 1 (with seperate shower room, as is visible)

Bathroom 2 (attached to bedroom 2)

Second story patio area

The first floor, birdseye

The second floor, birdseye

Total cost: 71,968 simoleons

Built with Double Deluxe, University Life, Bon Voyage, Free Time and Apartment Life.

* Crafty Cabin.rar (589.54 KB - downloaded 554 times.)
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009 September 30, 01:51:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the cabin look.

I played around with this in Sims 3 again. It took two weeks of Sim play for them to be able to afford the remodel and furnishings. (They started out in just the octagon-shaped ground floor and I added-on as they got more money and had more kids.)

The house now looks like this:

The slideshow is here:
Prosthetics
Blathering Buffoon

Wonderful

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009 September 30, 17:30:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The outsides pretty. I'm not going to get into the inside, since I don't have TS3 or anything. Thanks, by the way. ^_^

Since September is coming to a close, what house should we do in October? (There's a list in the previous thread.)
Night Racer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2009 October 01, 07:03:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps...since people with the sims 3 are allowed to enter and rebuild the sims 2 house in there sims 3 game...perhaps we can do it the other way around this month?

I.e: Somone posts a sims 3 house... and the challege goes as per usual? I presume it will have to be re-built in the sims 2...so people without the sims 3 can plop and edit it in their game...i guess if somone volunteers to do it?

Just an idea? Just a load of phail? You decide.

I seem to have lost my mind. I'm going to look for it, if you see it tell it to wait for me.
Heodez
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: 2009 October 01, 09:02:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Methinks it wouldn't be as easy to recreate TS3 houses in TS2 as the other way round. TS3 offers more when it come to buildings (smaller grid, object placement) so some aspects may not transfer well to TS2.

Forever Night, a sims 2 story.
WIP
Prosthetics
Blathering Buffoon

Wonderful

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2009 October 01, 09:36:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It sounds easy, but doing it is another thing entirely. It's not a bad idea, but it doesn't seem as easily achievable. (basically, what Heodez said x3)
selenecorvin
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2009 October 01, 17:38:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I enjoy seeing the houses that all of you create, but I get bummed out when I'll see a great looking house and then find out that's for Sims3 and not available to someone who only has Sims2.
There are still tons of Sims2 houses out there that phail: the Monty's, Capps, Summerdreams; Specter, Grunt, and even the Smith's; Etc. I know there are other sites that do makeovers, but it's by the individual's choice, and it may not be what your looking for. I like coming here for the diversity and uniqueness of many of the creators.
Thank you for allowing me to put in my two cents, I look forward to seeing what everyone creates.
Yecats
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2009 October 02, 08:05:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can attempt to transfer the layout of a house from sims3 to sims2, I'm willing to give it a go.

Any ideas as to which house? 

I have everything expansion+stuff pack.

ENTP = Mad Scientist.  Muwaahaahaa.
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2009 October 02, 17:16:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're going to remake a TS3 house in TS2, you should try to make it base-game compatible (ie, no EPs or SPs using the AnyGameStarter), so that everyone can participate.

I'm afraid that I have problems convincing myself to play TS3, so I have no ideas about which houses would fail the most.

Threads for previous months have several lists of possible TS2 houses; does anyone see one that looks interesting to them?

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2009 October 02, 18:42:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like redoing the European Townhouse that is in bin for the base game. It's a small starter with one bedroom and one bath with a porch that desperately needs expansion.

The house is centered on the lot and has no landscaping. Outside of keeping the original outside walls, there are no other limitations. People could be very creative with this.
Prosthetics
Blathering Buffoon

Wonderful

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2009 October 02, 19:11:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems like a good choice to me. Would there be any bonus conditions? Such as keeping the balcony, or anything like that? If not, it would be fine, just asking. :]
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2009 October 02, 19:55:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only possible bonus points I see would be keeping the stairs in place, keeping the porch and balcony spaces, or both.
chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

And there shall be blood!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2009 October 02, 20:45:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this one would be a very good choice. I have done numerous remakes of it just to make it usable in my own games.

Bugger
Lipless Loser

off on another strange Bugger tangent...

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2009 October 02, 23:00:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't joined in a house of phail for a while now.  Perhaps if life clears out a bit for me I can add an entry for October.  I hate that Uni house, but want to see what everyone does with it.

ETA:  That house comes in the bin?  I thought it was one of the rental houses available already placed in one of the college hoods?
« Last Edit: 2009 October 03, 04:19:26 by Bliss » Logged

<Dark_Trepie> Booty's go OHHH!. Pirate Booty's go ARRR!
Prosthetics
Blathering Buffoon

Wonderful

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2009 October 03, 05:06:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's the European Townhouse in the bin, I believe.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2009 October 03, 07:30:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Methinks it wouldn't be as easy to recreate TS3 houses in TS2 as the other way round. TS3 offers more when it come to buildings (smaller grid, object placement) so some aspects may not transfer well to TS2.
TS3 offers only ONE thing that TS2 doesn't have: The ability to place multitile objects diagonally. In most cases, however, this is a suboptimal placement, anyway. Many other things TS2 has, TS3 is entirely lacking in, like, say, the simple, basic ability to put a staircase over another one. TS2 actually already HAS the grid thing, AND the ability to move objects up and down on walls, which TS3 lacks.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
haifen
Crapsack
Retarded Reprobate

#hashtag

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2009 October 03, 10:47:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't joined in a house of phail for a while now.  Perhaps if life clears out a bit for me I can add an entry for October.  I hate that Uni house, but want to see what everyone does with it.

ETA:  That house comes in the bin?  I thought it was one of the rental houses available already placed in one of the college hoods?

It is. Wot? EA reusing game content whenever possible?! SHURLY that has never happened!

16:29   spockers   I fucking hate going to see movies in theaters now.
16:30   spockers   Unless it's a really fancy old-style movie palace type place, but even then some dick will pull out their Appleberry in the middle of the film and start tweeting about wanting Chris Brown to beat them up
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2009 October 03, 22:35:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The challenge lot for October has been posted.  Suggestions for bonus points gladly accepted.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: