More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:29:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  EAxis House of Phail: September 2009
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EAxis House of Phail: September 2009  (Read 58080 times)
Liveangel
Querulous Quidnunc

Meh.

View Profile WWW
EAxis House of Phail: September 2009
« on: 2009 September 03, 10:39:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This month we are going to pimp out 104 Riverbend Road, rebuilt in Base-game Starter. I replaced the umbrella with the expensive sculpture because they are both 2x2 decorative items.

On with the pictures:

Rules, cut and pasted from last month:

1. No CC.  Please indicate stuff packs so people who wish to download your lot know what to expect.  Pictures are required, either available for download, on a slideshow, or posted in this thread.

2. By entering this challenge, you agree to take constructive criticism.  If you wish to judge someone else's entry, you should be respectful but honest.

3. Your lot does not have to be Awesomespec, although it is encouraged.

4. You may move internal walls and add external walls but you may NOT move original external walls.

5. Lots may be furnished, unfurnished, or partially furnished.  You can even upload both furnished and unfurnished versions.

Monthly rules:

1. Leave the palm tree in its spot.

2. The pond must remain intact. It may be expanded, but NOT made smaller.

* 104 Riverbend Road Base game.rar (393.06 KB - downloaded 493 times.)

"Jesus is not Santa Claus for adults! Jesus is for everyone!"Edward Current
Prosthetics
Blathering Buffoon

Wonderful

View Profile
Re: EAxis House of Phail: September 2009
« Reply #1 on: 2009 September 03, 15:54:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is going to be fun. Not. I'll start today. :]
MadameUgly
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 September 03, 18:35:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rule question:

Can you change the external walls as long as you don't (re)move them?  Specifically, replace sections with greenhouse wall?

Want decent sim stories?  Go forth and read: http://madame-ugly.livejournal.com/
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 September 03, 18:40:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it has been a generally accepted practice that one may change the nature of the walls, provided that the original footprint of the house is not altered.  A greenhouse wall is still a wall.  A wall with a door or windows in it is still a wall. 

Tribulatio proxima est
MadameUgly
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 September 03, 18:56:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it has been a generally accepted practice that one may change the nature of the walls, provided that the original footprint of the house is not altered.  A greenhouse wall is still a wall.  A wall with a door or windows in it is still a wall. 

That's what I thought, just wanted to double check.

Want decent sim stories?  Go forth and read: http://madame-ugly.livejournal.com/
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 September 04, 01:34:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

3. Your lot does not have to be Awesomespec, although it is encouraged.
Yes, but anything NOT Awesomespec is an INSUPERIOR KEWIAN-BASED SUBSTITUTE. And as everyone knows, ACCEPT NO KEWIAN-BASED SUBSTITUTES!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
JustBeth
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 September 04, 16:03:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Holy crap, this is the worst house I have ever seen---proof positive EA just doesn't care about quality in any way, shape, or form.  I think they hired a monkey to design this one. 

"Just push this button and move the mouse around, Bubbles, like this . . . and now click some stuff down here . . .there you go!"

Meh.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 September 04, 16:06:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it was more like the monkey discovered the hexagon shaped wall tools. Click and drag, that's big enough for a house, NOW, A PORCH!

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 September 04, 16:23:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it was more like the monkey discovered the hexagon shaped wall tools. Click and drag, that's big enough for a house, NOW, A PORCH!
Uh, Jelly? That's an octagon. An octagon-shaped RAKE.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 September 04, 16:25:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh, Jelly? That's an octagon. An octagon-shaped RAKE.

=p Dammit.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 September 04, 18:12:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To be fair, it does look far better in Seasons than this base-game-ified version here. It's still pretty crappy though.
Prosthetics
Blathering Buffoon

Wonderful

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 September 04, 22:01:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just spent a long, long time building this monstrosity into a better house, but the octagonal footprint that we have to stick to made this difficult. But that was the point, I suppose?

Anyway, I don't really like how my remodel has turned out, but for tips and whatnot, I will post it.

I didn't really want to decorate it, because I don't necessarily see myself using it, nor do I forsee anyone actually downloading it.
Meh.
Built with University, Nightlife, Free Time, Apartment Life, IKEA Home stuff, and Teen Style stuff

* Somewhat Modern Beachouse.rar (469.18 KB - downloaded 488 times.)
chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

And there shall be blood!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 September 05, 14:41:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about "jacking it up" onto a foundation? Is that within the rules? I actually HATE houses built flat to the ground.

Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 September 05, 15:42:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. As long as it matches the original footprint, that's fine.
Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 September 06, 05:31:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Prosthetics, I like the outside of your house, but the inside is rather boring. Yes, it's modern, but it also has nothing interesting on the inside.
Prosthetics
Blathering Buffoon

Wonderful

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 September 06, 06:16:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't really want to decorate it, because I don't necessarily see myself using it, nor do I forsee anyone actually downloading it.
Night Racer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 September 07, 03:53:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i only have the sims 3... if i re-build this as close as i can and follow the rules...can i participate or will i lose by default?

I seem to have lost my mind. I'm going to look for it, if you see it tell it to wait for me.
chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

And there shall be blood!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 September 07, 04:10:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i only have the sims 3... if i re-build this as close as i can and follow the rules...can i participate or will i lose by default?

Ciane remade last month's house for TS3, 2 examples, so I don't see any reason you should not. Just be sure to make it very clear it is a TS3 version if you post a DL link.

Night Racer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 September 08, 04:50:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(i always forget to resize them...so im linking. Sorry for that. I might fix it tommrow)
Heres my contribution.  Tongue
I even took pics of the rebuild to show you all i didnt cheat.
I am currently feeling uninspired so i decided to turn it into a community lot. The only thing that came to mind with the octogan was Atrarium so i ran with it.
I dont know the original lot size...and all the lots in the sims 3 are....large...so i picked a random one.  This lot i think whould be a 5x3 or 5x4 maybee in the sims 2 so i think i get kicked out for that automaticly  Roll Eyes

anyway; pics:

and re my-do:

and yes...the palm tree sticks out of the roof and the landscaping isnt really done...and its still zoned residential...but thats all cuz i dont care.  Grin
and on a side note: whats KEWIAN-BASED SUBSTITUTES?  JM screams that alot but i dont know what it refers to.
« Last Edit: 2009 September 16, 00:42:36 by Night Racer » Logged

I seem to have lost my mind. I'm going to look for it, if you see it tell it to wait for me.
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 September 08, 22:41:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are some small lots in Sims3.  The smallest ones are some of the community park lots in Riverview, less than 20x20.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 September 09, 02:08:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and on a side note: whats KEWIAN-BASED SUBSTITUTES?  JM screams that alot but i dont know what it refers to.
A Kewian-based substitute is something that is made of insuperiority and fail, like Kewian.

Minena
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 September 11, 19:51:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Minenas Riverbend Road

All EP's and most SP's (no Holiday or Teen crap)

Mostly traditional style. 2 bedrooms, 3 baths, kitchen, dining room, living room, 2 balconies, pond, patio and grassy garden area.

$90k and change

DOWNLOAD
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 September 14, 17:29:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great layout Minena!
Prosthetics, I like the general look of the house with the balcony on the top floor and those windows and door combination. I also like how you used the space downstairs for two small latrines/water closets. I would have liked to see the stairs remain in the middle of the downstairs and a breaking up of that big space downstairs to include a smaller den, library, music or sewing room, etc.

I kept the look of the original house and added one room to both floors. I moved the upstairs bath so that the front balcony would actually be useful and I put in a bathroom downstairs as well. When I moved the upstairs bath, I also adjusted the wall of the original bedroom making it just a little bit larger.

I doubled the size of the gardening space, but this was done in just a base game. For base game only, the garden space would make a nice flower garden or an outdoor grill area. For those with seasons though, this is a great space for crops as it close to the kitchen. (That is, of course, if anyone actually downloads and play the lot.)

the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=d39c6ac1cd216e02312dbd5f2bdc5062e04e75f6e8ebb871
« Last Edit: 2009 September 14, 17:48:39 by ciane » Logged
yibble
FURRY
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 September 14, 17:39:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because of the palm tree and the pond, I thought of an oasis in the middle of a desert.  I made a little oasis for a small, young family of generous means (~88K wanded).  It's designed to blur the distinction between inside and outside, offering the advantages of the outdoors without all that pesky nature, or the oppressive heat.  Most of the viewing deck is technically considered a greenhouse by the game, despite the solid look.

I believe the house is mostly awesomespec, but deviates in the placement of nursery & skillination zones, which are scattered around rather than being on the viewing deck.  The nursery is only designed to accomodate one sprout, but could be modified to support two separate crib rooms in an emergency by sacrificing/moving the changing table and smart milk counter.  Alternatively, it could be replaced with a kids' bedroom containing two beds.

Here's a teaser to get you to click the link to the slideshow:

And here's the house itself. 

Uni, NL, Pets, OFB, Seasons, BV, Family & Glamour Stuff (Plus AwesomeWare and Salvaged Stories Crap)

Prosthetics
Blathering Buffoon

Wonderful

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 September 15, 21:24:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made a second one, but the shape of this house just has me frustrated (especially because I don't have seasons installed, so the roof is a total pain in the ass.)

The front

The Back

The Garden

Downstairs
The Entrance:

Kitchen & Dining:

Living Room:

Bathroom:

Upstairs...

Bedroom:

View from the Bed:

Bathroom:

This house was built with either one sim or a sim couple in mind, as it's only one bedroom...and would become rather crowded with more sims.
Lot attached to post because I could, and built with Nightlife, University, Open For Business, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life, Teen Style Stuff and IKEA Stuff.

* Tropic Loft.rar (446.84 KB - downloaded 473 times.)
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: