More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 10:43:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Cleaning Sunset Valley of Inhabitants ???
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Cleaning Sunset Valley of Inhabitants ???  (Read 10654 times)
missaaliyah
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Cleaning Sunset Valley of Inhabitants ???
« on: 2009 May 27, 14:15:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How is it you cleaned the hood?  How do I clean a hood but keep the houses that are already in game.  I want to clean out all the sims in the houses, and start afresh.
Crazetex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Cleaning Sunset Valley of Inhabitants ???
« Reply #1 on: 2009 May 27, 15:00:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit Town --> Bulldozer --> Evict household --> Delete household from clipboard.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 May 27, 16:02:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I presently have reason to believe that evict/delete from clipboard is harmful to the long-term health of your neighborhood and fails to adequately remove anything at all. For instance, I systematically performed this process on every sim in the neighborhood. However, this actually resulted in the filesize becoming larger, despite the removal of what had to be a lot of data. Something is clearly wrong with this process and at present I recommend against attempting this due to the fact that it appears to be defective.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
diskoh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 May 27, 16:15:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could just go through every house with testingcheatsenabled on, and age them all up to death.
missaaliyah
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 May 27, 16:51:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for your answers, I didn't think it would be safe to just evict and delete the families.
Mixreality
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 May 27, 17:54:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I presently have reason to believe that evict/delete from clipboard is harmful to the long-term health of your neighborhood and fails to adequately remove anything at all. For instance, I systematically performed this process on every sim in the neighborhood. However, this actually resulted in the filesize becoming larger, despite the removal of what had to be a lot of data. Something is clearly wrong with this process and at present I recommend against attempting this due to the fact that it appears to be defective.

But, but... my cleaned-up Sunset Valley ("Empty Valley" in Crazetex's thread) is around 8 megs, and the unplayed, full one is around 25. I'm not claiming it's not borked, I cannot know that, but at least the filesize is smaller.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 May 27, 18:31:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but that's because you also incinerated all of the lots, which we DO know gets properly incinerated. As a test of how deleting from the simbin does not work, create a sim fambly and then split and incinerate part of it. Despite being deleted, the stubs live on and can be seen in the fambly tree (making this an ineffective method of getting rid of baby-swarms). The fact that this destroyed data can continue to exist rather than being utterly eradicated shows that the deletion process is flawed. Further evidence of non-workingness is apparent in the aforementioned filesizes.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Mixreality
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 May 27, 18:41:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh. It was too easy to be true Sad

JonaBullets
Corpulent Cretin

aka: JonaFootBullets

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 May 28, 00:30:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but that's because you also incinerated all of the lots, which we DO know gets properly incinerated. As a test of how deleting from the simbin does not work, create a sim fambly and then split and incinerate part of it. Despite being deleted, the stubs live on and can be seen in the fambly tree (making this an ineffective method of getting rid of baby-swarms). The fact that this destroyed data can continue to exist rather than being utterly eradicated shows that the deletion process is flawed. Further evidence of non-workingness is apparent in the aforementioned filesizes.
So nothing has changed from TS2, apart from the fact we dont have something like SimPE to get in and hack the crack out of it! Hopefully we can find answers to fix these same-old-same-old issues.

Smile.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 May 28, 02:36:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I now have a "Destroyallhumans" command in Awesomemod. While it's too early to be absolutely sure, I believe I have improved the functionality of deletion, as the filesize shrank when the neighborhood was subjected to it.

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2009 May 28, 02:46:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And this is guaranteed not to cause null-pointery BFBVFS?  Or is this one of these commands that is for testing purposes only and not intended for peasants?

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 May 28, 03:23:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I now have a "Destroyallhumans" command in Awesomemod. While it's too early to be absolutely sure, I believe I have improved the functionality of deletion, as the filesize shrank when the neighborhood was subjected to it.
You're such a cocktease.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 May 28, 03:45:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Buttolino wanted to nominate you for the new Gwill, but you never appear in grah, because you suck. In any case, it is going out to testers now.

YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 May 30, 18:13:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Buttolino wanted to nominate you for the new Gwill, but you never appear in grah, because you suck. In any case, it is going out to testers now.

And just what is wrong with not appearing in Grah?

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life—music and cats." ~Albert Schweitzer

"Happy people can be so cruel."
~ Claudia of Silent Hill 3.
dilitru
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 October 08, 12:52:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I definitely recommended Pescado's "destoryallhumans" command. Filesize in Riverview became, 25 megs, I think, and still all of the lots were intact.
The problem however is that the game will try to populate as fast as it can, so population balloons with Homeless. The fast solution is destroyalltownies, which seems to work for me.
Xebarsis
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 October 10, 08:28:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^Accomplice.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: