More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 09:44:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  [FIX'T!] Hair Woes - CC Hair "broken" *except* custom bin variant
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: [FIX'T!] Hair Woes - CC Hair "broken" *except* custom bin variant  (Read 3925 times)
scandalicious
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
[FIX'T!] Hair Woes - CC Hair "broken" *except* custom bin variant
« on: 2009 September 21, 19:00:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, the title pretty much says the problem, but here's the full skinny.  I got the selection of fades from JayUrban.  It all looked fine at first glance.  Which is to say I did a quick: "Yep, right number of new thumbnails," check and shrugged.  (I know better now.  Especially as it's not the right number for any haircolor other than black.)  Also, no such problems were mentioned in the comments I read, which must have lulled me into a false sense of security.

So here's where things get funky.  When I try to use the hair in any of the color bins, I get an open skullcap during the preview.  I don't have a screenie, but I think you know what I mean.  It doesn't show any hair at all. When I try to use any of the hairs, it loads up this one instead:

*irrelevant image is irrelevant*

Kind of funny as it was the fact that I wanted alternatives to this exact 'do that made me download those.

Anyway, when I loaded up the custom bin on a whim, I found them.  With the correct thumbnails and everything!  They even work in game.

Now my uneducated guess is that there's a binning issue somewhere in the mix, but that it's not the only problem.  (I have improperly binned hair that I'm planning on fixing, and it doesn't do all of this.)  I want to say that there's probably a texture problem too, but I wouldn't know.  Am I wrong?  Will just going through the binning tutorial -- which I'm planning on doing with the other hairs -- also completely fix this?

I intend to open these up and have a look at the innards, but I guess what I want to know is if I'm missing something obvious, or if there's a catch I should watch out for before I'm up to my elbows in CC guts.  Or maybe someone with a practiced eye can let me know if I'm on the completely wrong track.  This will be my first attempt at anything like this, so...  *runs screaming*

Oh hell.  The glitch was actually with another hair I'd also installed (w/o mesh apparently). Embarrassed   I'd assumed it was this one because short-haired thumbnail means short hair, obviously!  Even though it totally doesn't.  Now I must be off to find out if there's a way to correct the damn thumbnails.
« Last Edit: 2009 September 21, 20:25:53 by scandalicious » Logged
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
Re: [FIX'T!] Hair Woes - CC Hair "broken" *except* custom bin variant
« Reply #1 on: 2009 September 21, 21:35:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh hell.  The glitch was actually with another hair I'd also installed (w/o mesh apparently). Embarrassed   I'd assumed it was this one because short-haired thumbnail means short hair, obviously!  Even though it totally doesn't.  Now I must be off to find out if there's a way to correct the damn thumbnails.

Delete the CASThumbnails.package (or whatever it's called) after you find and install the mesh.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

scandalicious
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 September 21, 22:42:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh hell.  The glitch was actually with another hair I'd also installed (w/o mesh apparently). Embarrassed   I'd assumed it was this one because short-haired thumbnail means short hair, obviously!  Even though it totally doesn't.  Now I must be off to find out if there's a way to correct the damn thumbnails.

Delete the CASThumbnails.package (or whatever it's called) after you find and install the mesh.

Ah, yes.  Actually I had found this on my google hunt, and did that with gusto!  I just felt a little awkward going "Okay, got that now!"  It was starting to feel a little Monty Python "I'm not dead"-ish.  However, thanks all the same!  Grin  I should probably lay off the Red Bull.

Only slightly ot, but the mesh/hair in question was the s2s rasta hairsets in the booty page, which don't have their respective meshes included.  Nor do I see them in the mesh directory, but I could just be missing the obvious.  I did manage to nab them from tsr though.  Dunno if/where I should put them up.

I still want to see if I can fix the binning/linking issues in these.  Have tutorials in hand, just have to work up the guts/space.  I'd like to say that I'll also do a recolor of the fades, but let's not get ahead of myself.  I've only just begun organizing my downloads, after all. <_<
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009 September 21, 23:09:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the mesh was free on TSR, it doesn't go in the booty - the booty is only for pay stuff.  If it was pay, there are threads on PMBD with instructions on how to submit pay stuff for the booty.

For the rebinning, you should get jfade's Wardrobe Wrangler if you don't already have it (google it) - it makes rebinning hair extremely easy, and you don't have to load SimPE or do anything complicated to the files.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

scandalicious
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 September 28, 19:39:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the mesh was free on TSR, it doesn't go in the booty - the booty is only for pay stuff.  If it was pay, there are threads on PMBD with instructions on how to submit pay stuff for the booty.

Ah, okay.  They're free so, no.

For the rebinning, you should get jfade's Wardrobe Wrangler if you don't already have it (google it) - it makes rebinning hair extremely easy, and you don't have to load SimPE or do anything complicated to the files.

Ooh very nice.  I'd heard of it, but always assumed it was just for clothes.  I am now happily corrected, and have been playing with it -- although sometimes the content won't properly load.  I'll see if I can reproduce the effect, and investigate further.  In the meantime, I've also gotten off my ass and started poking at SimPE.  Seriously, I think this is becoming a hobby in and of itself.

Thanks again for your help. Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: