More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 11:59:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Direct X 9 compatable graphics adapters?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Direct X 9 compatable graphics adapters?  (Read 4383 times)
Austere
Sexist Creep
Banned!

Xion says, "GTFO of my apartment."

View Profile
Direct X 9 compatable graphics adapters?
« on: 2009 September 22, 23:04:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I'm kinda doing this for a friend because he doesn't have internet access right now and is freaking out.

When his computer crashed, they installed Windows Vista on his system instead of the old XP. Now Sims 2 refuses to work, as do a lot of other programs. Is there a way to force Sims 2 to work on Vista, or a way to get rid of Vista and put the old system back?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Direct X 9 compatable graphics adapters?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 September 23, 01:26:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reformat?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
PhantomNeko
Furry
Retardo Lander

PAILN '07

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 September 23, 08:46:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2DA43D38-DB71-4C1B-BC6A-9B6652CD92A3&displaylang=en

You're welcome.

"Please tell me 13 underage El Salvadorian sex slaves is 'the line.'" - Jon Stewart
"Everything becomes absolute truth when shouted." - kiki
"When the only one making sense is the ghost of Peter Tosh, either you're really high, or the whole world is fucked" - Wyatt Cenac
INTJ
Austere
Sexist Creep
Banned!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 September 23, 22:28:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He tried that already. It didn't have any effect whatsoever. I read something somewhere that Vista was telling the drivers that there was no directx on the system, and that it couldn't tell that the drivers were updated. Basically he wants to get either make programs work on Vista or get rid of it, and it'll take awhile to reinstall windows again.

Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 September 24, 17:29:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't recall having to do anything at all to make Sims 2 install on Vista. Vista 64-bit at that. You know, besides running the installer as administrator.
Austere
Sexist Creep
Banned!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 September 24, 21:12:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, look. Since I see that this is obviously going nowhere because half the forum is compiled of douchebags, I'll just freaking help him get back XP, however difficult that's going to be. As of now it's not running any programs, just because Vista apparently hates drivers. But I will tell him to try the installer as admin. Even though I think it's his personal computer and there aren't any other accounts.

And jordi, learn to freaking read. It's TS2. Not TS3.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 September 24, 21:19:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, look. Since I see that this is obviously going nowhere because half the forum is compiled of douchebags,...

Oh more than half, surely!

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
PhantomNeko
Furry
Retardo Lander

PAILN '07

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 September 24, 22:40:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Keep reinstalling sims 2 until its kicked in the taco. I had to reinstall sims 2 a couple times on Win7 before it did the trick. Also, if your using an arr'd version sometimes the no-cd is XP only because of how Vista/Win7 handles .dll files. Turn on compatibility mode for SP3 and set your phaser to administrator. Thanks for riding the retardo express, have a nice day.

"Please tell me 13 underage El Salvadorian sex slaves is 'the line.'" - Jon Stewart
"Everything becomes absolute truth when shouted." - kiki
"When the only one making sense is the ghost of Peter Tosh, either you're really high, or the whole world is fucked" - Wyatt Cenac
INTJ
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 September 26, 15:36:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I will tell him to try the installer as admin. Even though I think it's his personal computer and there aren't any other accounts.

Even admin accounts don't run programs automatically as admin in Vista. Your buddy might want to do some reading up on how Vista works if he's running Vista and doesn't know this.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: