More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:49:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The NRaas Romancer (v2)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The NRaas Romancer (v2)  (Read 53612 times)
Loreley
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Off topic was Re: The NRaas Romancer
« Reply #25 on: 2009 September 10, 23:39:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please don't laugh or just call me stupid for not knowing something.  I would like to write mods myself. Would you tell me how to get to the functions you refer to? Please.
Thank you for your time.

Try http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=354419, with Xantham's post and the info therein you should be able to figure it out - at least I did, with no modding experience. Still looking forward to Pescado's solution though, I guess it will be a lot more sophisticated.
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: The NRaas Romancer
« Reply #26 on: 2009 September 11, 05:59:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is only ONE check in the entire game for inbreeding.  It is a function called IsSufficientlyRelatedToRuleOutRomance.  If you take that one function and cause it to default to false - Poof! you have incest enabled.  Nothing else needs to be changed, all the romantic geneaology checks refer back to this one function.  Can't get much simpler.
So game freezes after trying to show the family tree arent't really a reason to change anything "else"? I didn't really look at the related code, but I think it's a pretty bold claim. You can't be sure that all dependencies are easy to find, because there might be code which is only valid under the rule of no inbreeding, code that might need additional checks if this rule is violated...
Xantham
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 September 11, 19:59:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Loreley:  Thanks, that was just the link I was going to write until I noticed that you did it.

Buzzler:
While it is a bold claim,  I researched it quite extensively.  Could something have slipped past?  Well, hell, no one's perfect, but I stared at code till my eyes watered and I do have a degree in Comp Sci, so I am fairly certain I covered the bases.  One of the reasons it is fairly simple is that there i nothing else that is affected by incest.  There is no addition of anything that the game can't already do.  The addition of the function to block incest is the addition, we are just removing it.  As far as the code is concerned, one sim is just like another (excluding certain npcs, but they have no bearing here), it is only the societal taboo that the designers felt they had to code in to stop certain Sims from playing together that keeps the code from having all sims play equally.  Now I am only talking about making the relationships work.  The whole family tree thing is a different matter.

While it is true, the family tree gets graphically screwed up by enabling incest, it should never cause a freeze crash due to how the tree works.  The game uses a logic of nested if...thens to build the tree.  The game shouldn't freeze from enabling incest alone, because the designers built the checks in the style of "Is it A?...No, then B?...No, then it must be C.  There is no chance for it to loop or crash out because it defaults to an answer if all other checks fail.  However, depending on the circumstances, you may spawn multiple branches with your sim on it.  This does not affect the game.  This is just a graphical representation.  Yes, lines will be occasionally broken in odd spots, but mostly you just get a lot of ellipses.

I can also say I have had some very tangled trees and never had a freeze problem.  This includes a tree where a sim shows three times:  As a husband, brother, and child.  (Don't ask, it's hard to explain).

The only other weird thing that will occur is the counting of progeny.  A Sims wish for 20 grandkids goes a lot faster when a brother-sister combo is made since the game counts progeny by going through the tree one branch at a time.  So, a Sim has Son A and Daughter B who have kids C&D.  Well the game goes - "Does Sim have a child?  Does that child have a child?  Yes?  Add one to grandkid count.  Does that Child have a different child? Yes?  Add one to grandkid count.  Continue ad nauseum."  Well C & D will end up counting twice, once as the program goes down A's branch and then again as the program goes down B's branch.  So despite having only 2 grandkids as we see it, the computer will count 4.  In a Parent child relationship, kids will count as both kids and grandkids.  So, technically the answers are all wrong, but hell, you're playing with incest, you've already accepted wrong as ok.

itskenrs
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 September 16, 22:23:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can also say I have had some very tangled trees and never had a freeze problem.  This includes a tree where a sim shows three times:  As a husband, brother, and child.  (Don't ask, it's hard to explain).

Grin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEHu2sAy5hc Grin

Sorry... I just couldnt resist..... Grin
Aliera
Asinine Airhead

Little Angel

View Profile
Re: The NRaas Romancer (v2)
« Reply #29 on: 2009 November 05, 21:20:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible now, to do something like the casual relations in sims 2?
I'd like my sims to be able to have various interactions like kissing,  caressing, woohoo, without having to be in love or even be romantic interests.
you know CASUAL.
please  Cheesy ?
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: