More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:16:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The NRaas Romancer (v2)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The NRaas Romancer (v2)  (Read 53611 times)
twallan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
The NRaas Romancer (v2)
« on: 2009 August 31, 02:58:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This mod is now hosted at Crazy Town.

Direct link to the forum thread:
http://www.the-isz.com/theisz/index.php?showtopic=2677

Version 2: Adds a new "Set to Level" interaction which can be used in place of the original "Bump" interactions.

Have Fun. Smiley
« Last Edit: 2009 September 16, 03:04:42 by twallan » Logged
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: The NRaas Romancer
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 31, 10:27:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your supercomputer allowed me to set a family relationship that the debug commands would not. You and Buzzler have allowed me to pollinate my neighborhood to replace the dying elders. Now this will allow me to do even more evil good in my game. I think you read my mind earlier today when I was wishing for this.
nanisim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 31, 12:29:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any way to enable romantic interactions without increasing the level of relationship? You know what I mean, to make casual woohoo without romance at all. Of course, I'm adding this romancer to my set NRAAS, this is a big step in modding, but if you were investigating for further...
Aliera
Asinine Airhead

Little Angel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 31, 16:03:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Twallan, you are absolutelly amazing.
Your mods, are like having the original insimenator from ts2.
I just set a family tree were the parents of tree YA women were game born sims that had never met.
I wanted them to have at least some relation with each other, now they can.
Does the Romancer makes sims divorced?
A "casual romance mod", would be great too.
It irritates me no end that "one partner rule". Is there any way, that a sim could cheat on his/her partner?
I mean having two families? I presume the problem lies in not being possible to control two households at the same time, but it is much easier now with the "active sim" comand from "super computer", and any way, maybe there could be a way that a sim could have a 2nd partner, not a wife or husband, more a like a lover, so that it was really considered a partner, but the sim wouldn't have to live in the two houses.
What do you think?

twallan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 31, 16:32:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any way to enable romantic interactions without increasing the level of relationship? You know what I mean, to make casual woohoo without romance at all. Of course, I'm adding this romancer to my set NRAAS, this is a big step in modding, but if you were investigating for further...

Casual Woohoo eh?  It appears that the only thing stopping you from doing such are the following:

1) The sims must be the appropriate age for woohoo
2) The sims must have kissed at sometime in the past
3) You must satisfy a minimum relationship defined by an XML tuning value

Using the Mod Generator over at MTS you can change the tuning value yourself.

The value is in the "Sim" file under "Range: -100 to 100.  Description: If the relationship value between two Sims is higher than this tunable, they will agree to relax or sleep in the same bed.".  There are two, change the one that is positive.

So all you really need to worry about is the First Kiss, and I believe you can change the effects of using the First Kiss in the <Socializing> XML without any coding changes.

I only deal in script-coding...  There are plenty of other users more adept at XML tuning than myself.

If you find I'm in err, and there is a scripting change required, please feel free to bring the issue to my attention.

Does the Romancer makes sims divorced?

Yes, it follows the Sims 3 partnering rules.  If you go beyond "Romantic Interest", the old partnership will be dissolved.

It irritates me no end that "one partner rule". Is there any way, that a sim could cheat on his/her partner?

It's simple enough to set the "Spousal" flags, so you could "show" as having two partners.  However only one would be the true partner, as the game only have a single space to store the "Partner".

You can be married and have many "Romantic Interests".  I have several sims in my games that cheat on their wives while at the wife is not on the lot.

However if you are requesting a sim that can be partnered with multiple sims, that would require an extensive core-mod.

Cheers. Smiley

Edit: spelling
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 31, 17:19:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's simple enough to set the "Spousal" flags, so you could "show" as having two partners.  However only one would be the true partner, as the game only have a single space to store the "Partner".
Doing this will negatively affect data integrity, as it represents an illegal state, since the specification for those relationship levels is that they "set partner". Repeatedly doing things that negatively affect data integrity without extensive checks to compensate for violations of a core assumption may lead to the destruction of your neighborhood as it undergoes an effect called "The Great Unravelling". In a pointer-based datastore like a TS3 neighborhood, having complementary pointers that do not properly complement can cause the entire neighborhood to basically unravel itself as links the game assumes are bidirectional are not, and end up unilaterally connected in completely illegal ways. Anyone who has worked with data structures like doubly-linked lists knows how gruesome the results are when the linking pointers unravel. Given that these pointers comprise the fabric of your Sim-Reality, when they unravel, so does the fabric of your sim universe.

Basically, don't do this: It can literally unravel the space-time continuum and destroy all of creation.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Aliera
Asinine Airhead

Little Angel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 31, 17:53:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Basically, don't do this: It can literally unravel the space-time continuum and destroy all of creation.

Oh. So Sims poligamy means the end of the world?  Tongue
landoman
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 September 01, 07:02:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

for those of us plant challeged what is a ficus?
twallan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 September 01, 07:11:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

for those of us plant challeged what is a ficus?

It is listed in the Buy Mode under the Sort By Function \ Decor \ Plants section and costs 230 simoleons.

Good Day. Smiley
ronnietwoeleven
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 September 01, 12:25:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to you all of your mods together? reason for asking is that most of them use the ficus plant and I only ever see the inseminiator options.
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 September 01, 14:51:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to you all of your mods together?
This sentence no verb.
reason for asking is that most of them use the ficus plant and I only ever see the inseminiator options.
The way twallan implemented this, the mods either operate fine alone and together with other (similar) mods, or they don't work at all. Chances are you made a mistake at some point.
twallan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 September 01, 15:39:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to you all of your mods together? reason for asking is that most of them use the ficus plant and I only ever see the inseminiator options.

Buzzler is correct.  All my ficus mods work together, as I use them myself this way.

If you are having issues, it's most likely an installation problem.

Good Day. Smiley
Wolfeyes
Furry Yifftard
Retardo Lander

INFJ - 7, Very "F"

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 September 01, 21:43:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh. So Sims poligamy means the end of the world?  Tongue

LMBO!  Very clever and funny too!  So, a hidden sim world morality emerges slowly but surely...   Wink

Also thanks so much twallan for this newest mod!  I too had been wishing for this action to be possible and a relationship booster for sims to become "friends" faster with the ability to woohoo as the end result is awesome!  THANK YOU !   Grin

"Life is not about surviving the storms but rather how to dance in the rain" ~

Luther Vandross ~ Forever, For Always, For Love ~ 2005

Genius - Flirty - Friendly - Good Sense of Humor - Great Kisser ~
byronh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 September 07, 07:17:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It still seems impossible to have cousins kiss. The "Romantic" interaction tree doesn't even show up no matter how high you bump the relationship. Is there any way to get past the "blood" check for interactions?
twallan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 September 07, 07:57:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It still seems impossible to have cousins kiss. The "Romantic" interaction tree doesn't even show up no matter how high you bump the relationship. Is there any way to get past the "blood" check for interactions?

You may be able to do it with XML tuning, by changing the <Socializing> file.  Perhaps an XML modder has already done so.

If that avenue is unavailable, one would need to add a whole new set of interactions that bypass any coding block.  Such an endeavor is not currently on my list of priorities, sorry.

Good Day. Smiley
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 September 07, 09:38:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any action flagged as Romantic will not be available, as a scripted lockout against inbred sims. If you want this to be removed, you'll have to wait until I get around to it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
That Eighties Guy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 September 07, 14:06:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh hell yes.

Inbred redneck family.
WTFman
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 September 07, 15:09:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try this link,  Inteen 3 allows any releationship except mother/father to child,  and allows teens to elder to have releationships.  http://www.sexysims2.com/showthread.php?t=172373
Xantham
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 September 07, 16:09:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For those of you who want inbreeding and are capable of modding, this is one of the easiest fixes.  However, it is a core fix and cannot be done in XML.

There is only ONE check in the entire game for inbreeding.  It is a function called IsSufficientlyRelatedToRuleOutRomance.  If you take that one function and cause it to default to false - Poof! you have incest enabled.  Nothing else needs to be changed, all the romantic geneaology checks refer back to this one function.  Can't get much simpler.

As to why you would want incest, I can only say why I use it:  I have a couple of games that I call Alien Takeover.  Basically its the starting worlds to which I have added and am running one green sim.  His intention is to kill all the non-green men and sleep with as many of the women in order to create a totally green town in a couple of generations.  However, as all the children are step-siblings, I needed to allow incest or have the entire town die out after one generation.

Myself, I mod AM to allow this.  (although if you mod AM, you must disable the version checks as well, since the file size changes and it flagrant errors your ass otherwise)
Seraphyn
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 September 07, 16:22:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try this link,  Inteen 3 allows any releationship except mother/father to child,  and allows teens to elder to have releationships.  http://www.sexysims2.com/showthread.php?t=172373

I actually have this mod installed. The Uber taboo + No Jealousy + Polygamy is what I'm using but there are still no "romantic" interactions between siblings. In my case, brother and brother (I am a sick, sick twisted girl) The only way I was able to knock up one brother was by the NRaas Pollinator. But as mentioned above, I am a sick sick girl and I want the romantic interactions between the two and I am unable to get them even with that mod installed.
bluegenjutsu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 September 07, 19:28:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try this link,  Inteen 3 allows any releationship except mother/father to child,  and allows teens to elder to have releationships.  http://www.sexysims2.com/showthread.php?t=172373

I actually have this mod installed. The Uber taboo + No Jealousy + Polygamy is what I'm using but there are still no "romantic" interactions between siblings. In my case, brother and brother (I am a sick, sick twisted girl) The only way I was able to knock up one brother was by the NRaas Pollinator. But as mentioned above, I am a sick sick girl and I want the romantic interactions between the two and I am unable to get them even with that mod installed.

You must be using another mod that is conflicting with that one. I downloaded the Uber taboo with Polygamy and No Jealousy and then I edited the xml files in it to make all the woohoo and try for baby actions autonomous and to allow pregnant sims to be able to woohoo and the mod works fine for me. I would tell you how I know this, but since this is a public forum I'm not going to state how I played one game with it. But very closely blood related family members (all males) were able to have children together with no problems.
byronh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 September 07, 19:47:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try this link,  Inteen 3 allows any releationship except mother/father to child,  and allows teens to elder to have releationships.  http://www.sexysims2.com/showthread.php?t=172373

How did you manage to get that mod to be compatible with Awesomemod?

Edit: And yes, I know they are both core mods but people are claiming they got both to work together. Maybe they're just lying?
« Last Edit: 2009 September 07, 20:10:00 by byronh » Logged
bluegenjutsu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 September 07, 19:55:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How did you manage to get that mod to be compatible with Awesomemod?

Edit: And yes, I know they are both core mods but people are claiming they got both to work together. Maybe they're just lying?

That poster did not claim that they got both core mods to work together. Not everyone (even here) uses Awesome mod. The inteen one (and it's related mods) do not work with Awesome mod. You would have to be a coder yourself, in order to make them compatible.
byronh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 September 07, 20:02:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EDIT: Okay, deleting everything I said so I don't get banned.
« Last Edit: 2009 September 07, 20:09:40 by byronh » Logged
Winterhart
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Off topic was Re: The NRaas Romancer
« Reply #24 on: 2009 September 10, 20:50:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is only ONE check in the entire game for inbreeding.  It is a function called IsSufficientlyRelatedToRuleOutRomance.  If you take that one function and cause it to default to false - Poof! you have incest enabled.  Nothing else needs to be changed, all the romantic geneaology checks refer back to this one function.  Can't get much simpler.
Please don't laugh or just call me stupid for not knowing something.  I would like to write mods myself. Would you tell me how to get to the functions you refer to? Please.

Thank you for your time.

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: