More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:59:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  TS3 was to include weather.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TS3 was to include weather.  (Read 62064 times)
Erry
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
TS3 was to include weather.
« on: 2009 August 30, 20:28:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By weather, I mean snow and rain or all four... I don't really know... but I got these copied text files from two .ini files in TS3 from a friend.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;; Tunable Parameters Related to Rain and Snow
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;;
[TerrainRainParams]

; Specularity is a function of "wetness", but this function does not have to be linear.  This sets the exponentiation used to translate
; "wetness" -> "specularity".  Should be 0 < x <= 1.  Lower numbers make for sharper transitions.
RainExponent = 0.5

Water:
; Texture coordinate scales for normal map levels 1 and 2
; Level 1 is a noise map that is identical to that used for liquid ponds
; Level 2 is an ice-specific normal map (regular tangent-space map), frozen_pond_nm.dds in Engine/Water.
; Note that the shader expects level 2 to have an alpha map to mask in snowdrift effects on the surface.
; Alpha multiplier for snowdrifts.  Higher multipliers will result in more pronounced snowdrift effects.  Use this for quick tuning,
; if possible rescale the image intensities (frozen_pond_nm alpha) such that this value can be one, so we can optimize it
; out of the shader later.
SnowdriftAlphaMultiplier = 1.1

I didn't know where to post it, so I posted it here.

"I go to his page and I see 'Hot Lesbians' as a tab... keep your sex life to yourself, bitch."
Larku
Corpulent Cretin

Why is a raven like a writing-desk?

View Profile
Re: TS3 was to include weather.
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 30, 20:36:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting find Erry. I wonder if there is a way to enable it, or at least get it to working order.
Mire Krisma
Pancake Fucker
Retardo Lander

INTP (allegedly)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 30, 20:41:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I certainly hope so. Although we might have to live with the weird "invisible object" weather that the community made before Seasons.

EA just wants to make another Seasons EP. Whoopee.
Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 30, 22:56:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does it honestly surprise you that EAxis is trying to milk the sheeple of more money?
Rider
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 30, 23:47:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We all know most of all the expansion packs that was in the sims2 will be in the sims3 but in different kind of ways, I just wish they included university with the main core of the game, so they don't have to wait till 2 or 3 expansion packs later, and yes they will make more money for a season expansion pack and milk us for all it is worth, but me, I buy all the expansion packs and stuff packs and all, just a true diehard fan of the sims game, but I won't spend money on the store items when  you can find them around here. well I hope you can get the weather working cause it be nice to see a hurricane here since the trees sways and the wind blows, rain will be a nice add to the game, I think they should make an expansion pack called Natural Disasters.
chann
Corpulent Cretin

TS3: an "eye-opening tour de farce" (sic)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 31, 00:51:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got these copied text files from two .ini files in TS3 from a friend.

You make it sound like some kind of conspiracy. Keep spreading the truth, man.

I'm more pissed that they got rid of NPC parties. There were supposed to be birthday parties and wedding receptions, as well as parties for babies and promotions.
JamesNine
Blathering Buffoon

Llama

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 31, 01:01:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does it honestly surprise you that EAxis is trying to milk the sheeple of more money?
I say "Go ahead", I look forward to it's release! Capitalism FTW!

More Awesome Sig
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 31, 02:10:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember back before the game was out, when they were explaining moodlets, they used weather as examples. Like they said that if a sim is caught in the rain, they'd get a negative moodlet for being soaked. Plus, there are files in the game for stormy and cloudy skies, which seem to relate to weather. I think they were thinking about making weather in the base game (at least rain) and later changed their minds because they couldn't milk more money from us for weather if it was in the base game.
Mire Krisma
Pancake Fucker
Retardo Lander

INTP (allegedly)

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 31, 02:24:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you retarded?
Euphemism
Blathering Buffoon

In Soviet Russia, cupcake laughs at YOU!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2009 August 31, 02:42:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's people like you that make things like Miley Cyrus possible.

Since you are not aware, there is this thing called the BBS for mindless sheeple that kiss the EAxis ass.

That said, nice find. I'm crossing my fingers for weather soon. It would be nice if they would put it in the World Adventures in whatever they're calling it, but if they did you know they would be shelling it as one of the first features mentioned, but alas...
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 August 31, 03:18:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I say "Go ahead", I look forward to its release! Capitalism FTW!

Also, fixed.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 August 31, 03:24:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TS3 was supposed to include the entire World Adventures thing, too. I saw references in the code to a moodlet for "Adventure", just like with weather and pets, meaning all these things were ALREADY in the game and were intentionally cut. We know they already existed because they are already solved problems, and thus the only reason they are not present is because they were intentionally cut to be resold seperately.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Mire Krisma
Pancake Fucker
Retardo Lander

INTP (allegedly)

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 August 31, 04:06:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you serious? To be honest, I wouldn't imagine a Bon Voyage ripoff to be in the base game. Are you sure it wasn't related to a career or a location ( like the waterfall or stonehenge )?

Things like weather, actual restaurants, swimmable oceans, and countless objects should have been in the base game. The fact that they're not is highly frustrating.
chann
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2009 August 31, 05:25:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TS3 was supposed to include the entire World Adventures thing, too. I saw references in the code to a moodlet for "Adventure", just like with weather and pets, meaning all these things were ALREADY in the game and were intentionally cut. We know they already existed because they are already solved problems, and thus the only reason they are not present is because they were intentionally cut to be resold seperately.

Lies & Propaganda of a different sort, eh? I'll be laughing when they refer to these as brand-new features down the track.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2009 August 31, 07:43:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to recall that there was disabled weather in the TS2 base game as well, which was complete enough that modders were able to unlock it in a limited capacity long before Seasons came out, so this really isn't a surprise.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 August 31, 12:31:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was different though. It was cut for problems with interior rooms getting rained on.

In 3 there is no way anything could keep them from implementing these features from 2.

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
Bafu
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 August 31, 12:50:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA will milk again and again and again! Thats why people will piracy, more and more and more!  Tongue

There is even a piano code in The Sims 3, but no Piano!!!...(?)

I hate how they remove and later add stuff! Screw them!

And screw them for make the Sims look so damn fat and ugly!

Will they ever read when the players write on the internet?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 August 31, 13:03:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And screw them for make the Sims look so damn fat and ugly!
Well, the sims aren't really fat and ugly, but given a uniform distribution across the weight range of -1 (anorexic) to 1 (Whale), you're going to get a range of, say. anything from 0.4 up, about 30% of the sims in the game, being noticeably obese. Another 30% will be on the decidedly scrawny side, but this is not quite as noticeable from 150 feet in the air, and barely even noticeable close up unless they also happen to draw a very low muscle rating, causing them to look emaciated rather than wiry.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 August 31, 13:42:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lies & Propaganda of a different sort, eh? I'll be laughing when they refer to these as brand-new features down the track.
Well it explains why this EP is being pushed out pretty quickly. It's not surprising in the least though.

The Sims 1 EPs were made because people kept demanding them. The Sims 2 EPs were made because of expectation, and they used some concepts and ideas from things that never made it into the game and the stuff of olde that people wanted back. The Sims 3 EPs were planned from the beginning and are just pre-existing crap sold seperately.
chann
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2009 August 31, 14:02:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well it explains why this EP is being pushed out pretty quickly. It's not surprising in the least though.

I think it just explains how they're doing it so quickly. The "why" is EA's desperate need for Christmas monies.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 August 31, 14:05:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I personally can live without weather, unless there are going to be more lulzy reactions by sims, like a "really hates rain" trait and moodlet.  Under this moodlet your sim, normally friendly and outgoing, will turn into a grouchy, nasty maniac and attack others without warning, losing job performance, etc.  Romantic sims will want to stay in and woohoo all day on a rainy day.  It better also still include the possibility of getting struck by lightning.  I want the "smite" option back.

Tribulatio proxima est
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 August 31, 14:07:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It better also still include the possibility of getting struck by lightning.  I want the "smite" option back.
Haven't we gotten enough peeing yet?

Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 August 31, 14:48:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, to be fair, you got to admit that cut content is perfectly common, and the presence of cut content isn't really telling you why it was cut, and it's no quality indicator either. Every dev team has to let go of some features they still wanted to implement/finish/debug/whatever, when the release date approaches. Bioware cut an entire planet out of KOTOR1 late in development, and of course there are parts left in the release version (invisible for the player). Yet still, you can't call KOTOR1 uncomplete at any rate, quite the contrary.

Haven't we gotten enough peeing yet?
For some people there's obviously no such thing as 'enough peeing'.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 August 31, 14:52:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, to be fair, you got to admit that cut content is perfectly common, and the presence of cut content isn't really telling you why it was cut, and it's no quality indicator either.
Yes, but cut content is usually content that was cut because it was handmade content that wasn't finished. Things like "rain" are procedural content, meaning no person actually makes "rain". So, maybe in 1980, seeing evidence of a new, novel thing like "pathfinding", where units could actually autonomously navigate to their destinations without being steered by the human, being cut from a game would be simply a cut feature they couldn't figure out how to make function in time. But today? Such a thing would be absurd, and players would react with offense that a company cut unit pathfinding to be sold seperately. It's a solved procedural problem. There's no reason it shouldn't be in there. The same applies to rain. Rain is a solved problem. We know that they possess the "rain" code and that therefore, they can implement rain. However, they intentionally cut it from the program, merely so it could be sold seperately.

Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 August 31, 16:20:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually KotoR did cut a planet, Sleheyron that never made it beyond concept stage.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: