More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 18:44:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  When do new families move in?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: When do new families move in?  (Read 4674 times)
FlamingoKicker
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
When do new families move in?
« on: 2009 August 30, 19:40:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have lots of empty lots but the game doesn't seem to want to move new sims into the houses.  My sims meet new acquaintances at work or at school but shouldn't the game pop those sims into one of these empty houses and make them full-fledged members of town?

All it does is occasionally move existing sims around from houses to houses (except the ones I have made Sacred...thanks for that...was going mad with the game uprooting my favorite families).

Also, on a slightly different note:   Sims now accomplish wishes but the icons don't disappear.  For instance, they have a desire to Fish and I save that into one of their Wish slots.  Then they go fishing and they get the points but the icon doesn't go away so I can put a new wish in it's place.

Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
Re: When do new families move in?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 30, 19:57:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, on a slightly different note:   Sims now accomplish wishes but the icons don't disappear.  For instance, they have a desire to Fish and I save that into one of their Wish slots.  Then they go fishing and they get the points but the icon doesn't go away so I can put a new wish in it's place.

With debug commands enabled (in the AwesomeMod config file), type "resetallwants" into the console command line box (brought up by pressing Ctrl + Shift + C).

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 31, 09:02:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Based on what he describes, he might be using EAxis Storymode, which does none of those things.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
dilitru
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 September 07, 11:42:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This may sound kinda obvious, but are you sure that you have cheap houses with beds and a fridge? Without those thing Sims will not inhabit the house. Make sure it's cheap (below 15k is the best) so that starting families can move in.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: