More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:41:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Pudding Plots
| | | |-+  Old Oak Starter house
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Old Oak Starter house  (Read 7379 times)
Larku
Corpulent Cretin

Why is a raven like a writing-desk?

View Profile
Old Oak Starter house
« on: 2009 August 30, 18:32:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This house is very small, but convenient for a starter sim [although it's just a tad over 16k sadly]. It's one bedroom with one bathroom. It has a small kitchen and small dining. The reason this house is over 16k slightly is I tried to pick furniture that would not be harmful to your sims.

Download http://www.box.net/shared/ukgsrkm4ap
« Last Edit: 2009 August 30, 18:39:06 by Larku » Logged
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Old Oak Starter house
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 30, 21:41:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This will be good for homeless families and starters, thanks. One thing I'm curious about is how people are getting the fish eye lens effect in their screenshots?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Larku
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 30, 21:45:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you press tab, you'll go into cameraman mode [I believe that is the correct name], then press Z/X to adjust the zoom. Pressing X a few times will give you that view, I use it a lot. It helps in getting shots of small quarters.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 30, 22:51:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheers, I've not looked through the camera options much yet, I made an assumption they'd be crap because it was EAxis! The fisheye is great for the small spaces, always hard to get shots of those.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Larku
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 31, 01:39:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, I always use it. I didn't know the feature was in the game til I looked up the controls on the cardboard thing from the box.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 31, 04:40:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The fish-eye angle makes me dizzy and nauseous. I'm prone to motion sickness and that does it very badly, especially when all the shots are taken that way.

If I want to get into a small space, I take the hammer to the wall that's blocking my view, snap the picture, then hit the undo button. It works a treat. Sometimes I just grab a quick shot of small rooms from an overhead angle, not completely overhead but not straight on, either.

You might also consider resizing your screenshots because they're absolutely huge and taking a while to load. It looks like you uploaded without doing any editing at all because they're about 3/4's of a meg in size each, the default size for screenshots taken in game. It might be hard to believe, but even 50% of normal game size images are still easy to see (and my eyesight isn't great) and end up being less than 100 kb in size. I usually resize, then export them in Paint Shop Pro at 20% (GIMP is free and will do the same thing). The pictures still are sharp and load in a heartbeat.

It's a very cute house, by the way, and too bad I have more starters than I know what to do with. LOL

Larku
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 31, 10:36:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I will take note of that. They load pretty fast on my end, so I never thought a thing of it. I'm usually more for high quality pictures, so I try to leave them as they were. I will look into it though.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 31, 23:32:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're probably in your cache and already loaded from when you uploaded them, so that tends to make it much less noticeable, although you might have a better connection than I do.  I'm on a high-speed connection and it took them a while (albeit, there are times when my connection is slower than others), and if anyone trying to look at them is using dial-up they are really stuck. That's over five megs worth of pictures that need loading.

Larku
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 September 01, 00:13:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Next house I make I will make sure to size the images smaller, I know how dial-up can be. *shudders*
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: